Research On Nihangs

AKJ Chandigarh

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gur Fateh!

I also have seen these articles in the “hidden” section of Amritpal Singh’s website and will agree with the view above; they certainly have been well researched using both references from Gurbani and puratan Sikh texts and literature and no doubt Bhai Amritpal Singh will have spent a long time with many months burning the midnight oil during the collation of this very informative material.

When I last had the chance of contacting Amritpal Singh, unfortunately his health had not been too good and he was also busy with preparations for the 1st barsi of his father, the late Bhai Sahib Avtar Singh. I pray that he has recovered since that time and will soon be bringing on this material online more formally.

It is refreshing to see online Sikh history in a format which provides full references and allows the reader to come to their own conclusions.

Looking forward to reading more.

Niranjana.

Mintu Ji

i'm sorry to hear about Amritpal Singh's health. I will do Ardas for his good health and I hope the rest of the Sangat on this forum will do the same.

Btw the A Sect or the Original Form of Khalsa? chapter looks very interesting. i have my own views whether the Nihangs were ever the original form of the Khalsa but it would be good to read Amritpal Singh's views on the subject.

Dear Bikramjit Singh ji,

I hope amrit bha ji will get well soon. I have spent many hours with him today. He is too weak but was in happy mood. He was telling me that what sarbloh.com etc sanatani websites are telling is not based on facts. He has amazing knowledge. He just closed his eyes and continued to speak how those websites have made grave mistakes. He said that they have not given original texts, but translated them wrongly. On the other side, amrit bha ji has given original texts whenever he quoted to any old source.

bha ji wrote article Stories of Origin of Nihangs in his coming section. He again used same facts in his other article A Sect or the Original Form of Khalsa? If you read his different articles, he made it very-very clear that nihangs are NOT the original form of Khalsa Panth. he did not just make statements, but proved his views quoting to different books. some of books he used in his project are listed in this page - http://www.amritworld.com/nihangs/books.html

his article The Blue Dress is a long article. he starts from sri guru granth sahib and goes to 19th centuries texts. a must read.

he says that karseva of akal takht sahib by baba santa singh was a wrong decision. here again he does not make mere plain statements but tells how it was wrong. he clearly says that the government did not want to 'repair' akal takht, but wanted to 'remove marks' of operation blue star. he also says that this kar seva was not done by baba santa singh and his nihangs, but only their banner was used. amrit bha ji says that even senior government officers were thinking that it was wrong to appoint baba santa singh for kar seva. amrit bha ji wrote all this in his article - Aftermath of the 'Operation Blue Star'

I think the readers will not have to wait too much. most of his material will be online till the end of this month.

one thing more. amrit bha ji says that he will wait if any british sikh gives reply to sanatani websites in academic way. otherwise he will be refuting their claims made in sanatani websites.

<<Btw the A Sect or the Original Form of Khalsa? chapter looks very interesting. i have my own views whether the Nihangs were ever the original form of the Khalsa but it would be good to read Amritpal Singh's views on the subject. >>

Gur Fateh!

Whilst we await Bhai Sahib's recovery and update, let's share some thoughts on this point - as it concerns more than just the "Nihangs" of the Buddha Dal, Tarna Dal be they in India, Europe or North America.

We are all familiar with the regular sights of young Singhs today adorning themselves with Dumalas and Cholas as well young Singhnia (some who also wish to wear the Chola and Kachera in the same manner as their male counterparts -i.e. no pyjama underneath) all based on the view that this saroop (namely "blue" coloured chola, with "white" kachera and "Dastaar Boonga" is "the" original form of the Khalsa).

These Singhs and Singhnia are rarely, if at all, associated with Nihang Dals and in many instances are actually anti-Nihangs in many ways, yet all seem to agree on this one point concerning the supposed "bana" of the Khalsa as being strictly blue, with a white kachera and blue chola.

Let's share some thoughts on this front...