Non- Amritdharis Distrubting Langar And Parshad

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wjkk wjkf

All should be allowed to do seva for langar. Karaa parshaad should be done by an amritdhari. we cannot have mona sikhs not do langar seva as they will feel rejected and move further away from sikhi as some may be trying to slowly come into the lifestyle most of us live as amritdhari rehat keeping sikhs

Gur fateh

then theres very few people who should be allowed to do sewa, considering the elderly are not into the sikh dharam as much as aaj kal di youth are.

hmmm, how many people have come to the path of guru ji by doing sewa? if there was restrcitons, then gustaphi maaf, not one amritdhari would exist in this world right now.

i have seen with my own eyes a hindu doing sewa of distributing food, you mean to tell me, someone must go up to him and say "oi you brahmin, you have no right to do sewa here according to the rules of bhai nand lal singh" and hence kick him out.

not just him, but every moona that wishes to do sewa.

theek hai, then let me give you an example. you see a moona that has had so much pyaar for guru ji, he has given up his bad compnay and his bad habits and spends time doing sewa all day at the guru ghar. you being a strict amritdhari that follows these types of rehats, go up to him and say "i cannot allow you to do this sewa, keep your hair take amrit, then you may".

now say if he is not in the position to take amrit right now, but intends to in a good few years time.

anyhow, you see him feel rejected, and leaves the guru ghar. and in a few days you see him smoking and you clearly see him killing himself slowly. when you ask him, he says "sewa was my life support for not doing this, now that i cannot do any of the sewa i wanted to do, i resorted to this now"

ask yourself, who is in the wrong, you...who is supposed to give an impression sikhi welcomes all, or the moona?

gustaphi maaf

Sat Sri Akal:

If one was to see the implementation of this Maryada in regards to Langar, then they may refer to the Harimandir Sahib Maryada itself. It details that the Langar should be cooked by Guru Kae Sikhs only, but may be distributed by anyone.

I am not going to assert whether this is right or wrong, but that is the olden Maryada in action.

Pheena Posted Today, 12:52 AM

but puneet ji according to Bhai Nand lal ji that is a SIN!

Dear Brother Pheena,

Why are you acting liking Brahmins of talking of Sins.

How can any type of Sewa be a Sin.

We are just becoming stricter when actually we have to be liberal

with changing times.

Dont See whether the Sewadhar is a Amritdhari or not.

One should notice the amount of love & sincereity with which he does the sewa.

I have seen Amritdhari Sewadhars behaving rude with the Sangat.

This is the reason why our generation next is running away from Sikhism.

When Guruji started Langar how many Amritdharis were there.

Answer = None.

Because Amrit was given by Guru Gobind Singh ji.

We are just fighting over petty issues instead of getting the love of the True One.

Guru Ka Sikh

Pheena Posted Today, 12:52 AM

but puneet ji according to Bhai Nand lal ji that is a SIN!

Dear Brother Pheena,

Why are you acting liking Brahmins of talking of Sins.

How  can any type of Sewa be a Sin.

We are just becoming stricter when actually we have to be liberal

with changing times.

Dont See whether the Sewadhar is a Amritdhari or not.

One should notice the amount of love & sincereity with which he does the sewa.

I have seen Amritdhari Sewadhars behaving rude with the Sangat.

This is the reason why our generation next is running away from Sikhism.

When Guruji started Langar how many Amritdharis were there.

Answer = None.

Because Amrit was given by Guru Gobind Singh ji.

We are just fighting over petty issues instead of getting the love of the True One.

Guru Ka Sikh

Please read carefully. It is not my Maryada it is of Bhai Nand Lal ji's and latter asserted by tauranjeet Singh that Langar should also be served by Amritdhari Sikhs ONLY. And as per translatioin it is a SIN to which Tauranjeet Singh seems to agree with.

Don't jump to conclusions that i agree with it or i disagree with it. Read with patience next time.

WELL .. How wil youth come into sikhi if theyre told sorri you cant do seva .. join in because youre not amritdhari ? Everyone has to start somwhere ? .. Nobody goes from mona to amrithdhari in a day !!

iT takes time.. if they have no start point.. espically in sangat cus people say ure not amrtidhari sorry you cant do this or do that .. people will start gettin pushed to the side and will feel they dont fit in.

So theyre sikhi wil not progres.. and thats whats happening now-a-days.. remember people have to start somehwere with theyre sikhi !! ... so give them a chance! and guide them ... not push them away

VAHEGUROO JIKA KHALSA VAHEGUROO JI KI FATEH!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

this is actually a hard topic to comment on.

grin.gif we should def respect obey what our Guru ji has told us. hmm... a lot of poeple got into Sikhi by doing sewa, but then if non-Amrit-Dharis cant do swea then thats hard to talk about. personally, i think that non-Amrit-Dhairs cant do sewa such as: carying Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji on their head, or doing the chor sahib in respect of Guru ji. i think that this is the kind of sewa that non-Amirt-Dharis cant do. like the ones where the non-Amrit-Dharis would be near Guru Sahib ji.

i mean think about it. consider this Sangat ji: there are some things that non-Amrit-Dharis cannot do; like make Prashad (even though in some Gurudwaras they might be allowed), and like having Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji on a non-Amrit-Dharis head. and obviously non-Amrit-Dharis arent allowed to be in the panj pyaarey. (the 5 beloved ones) i dont think thats what Guru ji really wants Sangat ji. so i believe that the pangti (line of the Shabad) that was shown by the person who started this topic actually refered to the sewa that had to do with people being near to Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji.

and of course i could be wrong Sangat ji. pray.gif

please forgive me if am and if i offended anyone. im just a learner myself.

<<<Since when did Bhai Nand Lal ji become your/our guru? >>>

Bhai Nand lal is not my Guru, obviously you don't knowwhat a rehitnama is , a rehitnamay where the code of conducts that where dictated by the Guru's at certian tiems through out our history, so the above what have been said by Guru ji and noted by Bhai Nand lal

ms514 made a good point. Where does Langar come into the quote?>>

If you study gurbani you will understand that the word parshad does refer to langar aswell as degh