Is God A Punjabi?

Rani

Actually depending on the geographical location and time period in history, God has sent avtars to every nation in the world. Muslims believe in 124,000 prophets who came to various countries, majority of them being in the Middle East. Guruji's avtar was in Punjab, and so in order to reach out to the common masses, as Brahmins used Sanskrit only for educated "upper castes", He used Punjabi. The purpose was to spread the message of God to every common man, no matter what man-made caste he/she belonged to.

In Jaap Sahib, Guruji states clearly that God doesn't belong to any particular ethnic background.

punjabi is a language set by baba farid. gurmukhi is what the gurus wrote and hence the mother tongue.

not punjabi...but gurmukhi!

gustaphi maaf

God ent Punjabi!!! Coz i cant see Him drinking and dealing in dowry and arguing about land prices

you also forgot that god doesnt go to peoples weddings and starts fighting with the taya chachai like "tu koan ya" and knocks someones paag off and then falls on the floor and has to get someone to carry him off.

actually today im in a good mood. theres a story i came across....

typical punjabi viah. theres a person who is really really drunk, and hes laughing so loud. a group of folk say to him "calm down your killing the party", the drunken guy gets up and is like "tu koan ya" and lunges at one of the group. he gets into a fight (do consider he was high on drugs). so this guy is beating the innocent guy up. so the group joins in. women at the back are so scared that one woman even decides to throw some bottles of alcohol at the guy in a bit to calm him down. actually youd be surprised this isnt a scene from a bollywood movie as he actually carried on fighting. his shirt turned from a white, to red.

the aftermath was one person died (im not sure if it was the guy who was drunk or the guy he was battering, or maybe both)? but because im in a good mood right now, thought i should paint some typical punjabi viahs.

gustaohi maaf

because i never heard a shabad in english, japanese or dutch

the lectures and books are mostly in punjabi....

and i know a lot of sikh who are not punjabi

120863[/snapback]

but what does that have to do with the omnipotent, omnipresent divinity? the language used to describe him or express his greatness has nothing to do with his identity. PUnjabi languge had an origin and will ultimatly have an end. As languages have been lost thru time, will God also be lost one day?

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji is written in one type of letters. those letters are also used in Punjabi. in Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji, there isnt only one language. there are many in there. (in many, many places the languages are mixed up.) the scriptures are written by using the same letters we use to write Punjabi, but the language is called Gurmukhi.

.....and God=Punjabi????? :doh: @ :doh: @ :doh:

WAY "NO" TO THAT JI.

Sikhs and Punjabi people are very very VERY different. believe me, i know. Punjabi people do lori (celebration of birth of a boy) and dont do as much for girls when they're born. Punjabi people deal way too much in the man is better than women issue. punjabi people dance to bad music these days. male Punjabi freshies check out females and stuff. Punjabi people drink, eat meat, and party like carzy. Punjabi people follow the caste system too much; my parents always go on and on about how im a jatti and how i should make them proud and if i let them down then other people will be like "oh. youre not jatts. youre a disgrace to jatts. blah blah blah " Punjabi people think too much about what other people think of them "Oh, I need a bigger house and more cars. What will others think about me if I don't get more, more, more?". most Punjabi people thses days would rather go to a party rather than the Gurudwara. Punjabi people think theyre all that.

**ok...i know not all punjabi people are like this. but this generalization is SO true. and i know that you all know it is too.

mind you all....I am a punjaban "so called jatti" too. so i know how it goes :doh: ...unfortunatley. no.gif

when we'll get a Khalistan, we wont have to worry about all of these problems. :)