Airport

UntitledSingh

yeah from what I know its against the European Convention on Human Rights I think cos of the right to practice your religion?

But maybe that Article has something above it like ''a country has the right to protect its citizens from religious extremism'' or ''The Eurpean Convention on HRs applies so far as the member state believes it to be in the best interests of all its citizens'', arghhh getting back to it, I was wandering too but maybe they aint incorporated it into their system but from what I know if they aint they have to but then the Singhs should be allowed to win in the European Court of HRs so I REALLY dont know, someone tell me cos I been wandering for a loooooooooooong time and cant think of why and my knowlsdge of all this law gets confused so asap please.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

I don't think there's limit or stuff.. You have to put your kirpan in your luggage (not carry in) and even they tell you to hand over the Baaj/Sallai before boarding the plane. So it's pretty strict !

123591[/snapback]

There is a size limit for the kirpan u can take and i dont know which place u r talking about... maybe in states due to 9/11 they are more concerned and more strict but their is a size limit as i have been to alot of countries and never faced a problem with small silai or kirpan...

I don't think there's limit or stuff.. You have to put your kirpan in your luggage (not carry in) and even they tell you to hand over the Baaj/Sallai before boarding the plane. So it's pretty strict !

123591[/snapback]

There is a size limit for the kirpan u can take and i dont know which place u r talking about... maybe in states due to 9/11 they are more concerned and more strict but their is a size limit as i have been to alot of countries and never faced a problem with small silai or kirpan...

124738[/snapback]

yea its only in USA, they really strickt bout it...but im sure in other countries it different!

check with the airline...cuz it depends on the airlines as well!

One more question, if I put the Kirpan in my checked in baggage do I have to tell them about it?

124757[/snapback]

na man, i bought back loads of shastar from different countries and iv never been stopped. Just wrap it up nicely so it not gona damage nethin in ur case (ie if like got any sharp ends on the mian).

Do ya ardas before you go and when you get there and you be fine.

i jus traveled to New York over the summer....and had to put kirpan in bag...but they didnt say nething.....and they make u take off ur karha too usually....but i just sed tht its too tite and wont cum off...and i had a small kirpan on a keychain attached to my karha....they checked manually but otherwise they lemme go............jus make sure ur not wearing too much matallic stuff (like my sister's jeans...hahaha)