School Help?

Vjkk Vjkf!

I'm getting some baddd marks in math because last year we used computers and this year we don't and our teacher talks to us like we're in grade 12!!!! mostly everyone is getting bad marks only math. i'm in the low B zone and am trying hard. lol i'm honours in every other class except math! My parents will kill me if they saw my mark in math lol! So does anyone have suggestions in what i should do to improve or do anything?

I'm relying on Guru ji to help me aswell!!

Bul chak maf!

to do well in math and/or statistics...the only tip is to PRACTICE PRACTICE AND PRACTICE MORE...

124391[/snapback]

Yea...but u got 2 understand the basics of each topic though. If you are muddled in the basics then you will obviously find it difficult to build on flawed understanding.

my mother is a maths teacher. Though she never explained to me properly why stuff happened when they happened in maths. So my basic understanding of a few topics was cloudy and I struggled in those, but in Algebra & stuff where I got the basics right practice practice and practice more (under the watchful eyes of mom dearest ofcourse) helped me polish what I knew.

My weakest link in maths was Trigo, and permutation and combination & ratio and proportions...it just confuses me as hell. I simply do not understand the logic of why things happen when they happen in those two subjects. It is simply weird.

rolleyes.gif

VJKK! VJKF!!

you need to practice lots and start liking Math like the rest of the courses. I remember the switch from the cool looking Graphing calculators in high school to no calc at all for Calculus at Uni. you need to learn the basics and then go on from there...

I ll come over on Your Birthday with a handful of Math tutorials :) thats the gift from me tongue.gif

:a+

Tell me...do any of ya guys have to learn probability ?? Is it part of your syllabus ?? It really confused the hell outta me when I was in school !

Usually from what I have seen on North American schools, they won't help you understand the basics if you are confused. And if you get muddled on the basics then the rest of the stuff can go terribly awry.

Solution: Search out a person who knows their math really well and understand the FIRST CHAPTER on every subject (viz trigonometry, Calculus, Algebra etc) really well and ask them to CLARIFY WORD BY WORD on the parts where there is the slightest hint of confusion.

& I tell ya...the rest will be easy.

One advice.. Never depend on calculator that much.. im serious.. last semester i have to drop the class on second day when teacher explained to class that she won't allow Ti89 type of calc in exams.. my ti89 is lifesaver 4 me and im hooked on that since high school (WHICH IS BAD BAD BAD).. and as phaenjee said.. in math PRACTICE is the only key !

One advice.. Never depend on calculator that much..

124416[/snapback]

I had to use a commercial calculator for business statistics in B-School, let me tell ya I am still clueless on how to use that. I still use my pen, paper, pencil, hands, toes etc. :)

and as phaenjee said.. in math PRACTICE is the only key !

Well then that's also a problem innit ?? PRACTICE on what....if basics are unclear what do ya practice on ?? That is the problem many kids are facing.