Sikh Investing Club

Does anyone want to join, I was thinking of creating a website, where all SS members who are interested in the Business markets could perhaps talk about this and maybe list their stock picks, talk about the markets.

I was hoping, it could perhaps open a healthy level of debate? Could SS Admin create a part in this forum, where Sikh investors could discuss future trends in the markets.

Thanks

LIB

Does anyone want to join, I was thinking of creating a website, where all SS members who are interested in the Business markets could perhaps talk about this and maybe list their stock picks, talk about the markets.

I was hoping, it could perhaps open a healthy level of debate? Could SS Admin create a part in this forum, where Sikh investors could discuss future trends in the markets.

Thanks

LIB

125467[/snapback]

This site is for discussing Sikhi related issues. Most of the participants are young people. I view that this site should be kept free from INVESTMENT CLUB atmosphere (same goes for the DATING CLUB type of atmosphere). That atmosphere tends to attract very different type of people to a site. The administration so far seemed to have done very good job of keeping them away from this site. Let us keep it that way.

WGJKK

WGJKF

Good habits start at early age, so I would say even the members are so young at sikhsangat they should be aware of financial aspect of the life. They should learn from others on savings and investment.

I don't think investment club for SS members is an bad choice at all. The Admin(s) are always on TOP of every POST so I have GREAT faith in our MODS and ADMINS.

We should encourage the learning values as much as we can for our youth and especially SIKH YOUTH in making sound choices.

WGJKK

WGJKF

Some suggested whats the difference between poker and investing in stocks.

This is the classic fault reasoning that people say investing in stocks is a sin, and this couldn't be further from the truth. Investing in stock is investing in a share of a company, investing teaches how to earn money, how to manage money, as well knowing the value of a dollar.

Gambling and poker are sins, we know from the story of Mabhaarat and how Yudhrist lost his wife as well his riches by gambling.

I belivee that perhaps all Sikhs have the right to use their money wisely, to retire comfortably, as well as make their money work for them, instead of the other way around.

Also some topics we could discuss is creating a Sikh friendly fund, companies that adhere to Sikh values...

I dunno, it was just a thought, I guess as is the case I'll have to throw down the gauntlet it on.