Sikhs In The Square

rKr

Final geek shot - I promise no more!

These are the displays that showed the various input and outputs; in full flow all the monitors were showing different images.

We had 2 laptops, with vids, presentations , etc; there was also the DVD player and once the camera man started recording that was also up on a monitor.

Learnt one hell of a lot yesterday. KS (YS Derby) - you're a star!

As was GK.

post-2708-1131411200_thumb.jpg

Red screen in the middle (TX) is what ever was currently up on the big screen outside.

If I sound like a little kid - it's cuz I am!

131742[/snapback]

Me just got confused seeing all that equip - that's why I steered WELL CLEAR. LoL. Never seen so many buttons etc...

Brill job to all those controlling! :lol:

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amorphous Singh lets do it!!! When do you want to hook up and discuss military tactics?? :lol:

Excellent - lets hook up asap and do a practise run ;-)

But first got a few nay sayers on Tapoban to respond to! There's no pleasing some people! Aiye karamba!

Maharaj is so great - bringing together all these people and introducing me to some of the finest people I have ever met - that includes you TS Paaji. Top style (thats old skool for something or other ;-)

131713[/snapback]

Hahaha wickedd...im glad to see you're up for it...as for the tapoban posts, hmmm... what can i say...? Some just don't have the eyes to see. Wicked post by yourself though, soo much humility!!!! d_oh.gif

And RK... this is some serious stuff...you just stick to muffins di seva...u need to feed the fauj! :umm: hahahahaha LOL.gif

Thanks again to all those that helped.... JS, DS, SS, HS, KS and RK i salute you ALL!

lol

we should open up a sub forum called YSUK now. wheres wanz gone? :lol:

Sunday was good. I love the rain which made it even better. Sorry to all those who hate it. Talks were wkd. All of them. The atmosphere was different. It was raining.. but like... when i think of these anti-Sikh riots and these days 21 years ago... it paints a picture in my mind of a dark gloomy.. rainy time. And i think Sunday captured that perfectly. These riots werent about sunny skies and sunshine and birds singin'... it was doom and gloom... and sadness.

Parnaam Shaheedaa Nu.

Just like to give my views on the event! lol well thought i would since i dont agree to the burning of stuff!!

i thought it was really good!! i spoke to alot of people (not people that i know!) but people that wanted to know why we were there etc and they learned alot of new things! i infact learned more stuff talking to other Sikhs at the event!

Well done to the sevadars! seriously! the only thing that could have made it better was some sun!!! as opposed to rain!! but still! worth going and im glad i failed my assignment to go!! blush.gif :TH: :lol:

Just a benti tho... off record to the singhs in Bana there... Please if you wear Bana then be willing to speak to people! and not just hide away! I saw alot of singhs walk away from talking to people as they didnt want to be doing that seva! Bana is important! if you see injustice u stand up! if people approach you then u have a duty to speak to them! thats why its so effective! When you wear Bana, people recognise you highly! they can see it! please, learn your history and teach others! otherwise ur Bana is just material you wear as a fashion statement to look good.

(apologies if i have offended anyone, i just thought its an important thing to mention especially at these types of events, non sikhs come to learn, if your in Bana they will want to see or speak to you as they recognise you as someone important! therefore we must take the steps to meet their expectations!)

Still a wicked day!

oh and the langar from the van!! WAS WICKED!

sunday was good...pitty about the wheather but chal we cant have everything. lol.

hopefully next time will have a bit of sun. well done to the sevadars...a job well done.

i know one think dont think i'l be trecking down to london anytime soon...well by coach anyway!! took us forever to get back to leeds. we set off at 5.30 and didnt get to leeds till 12.30...took us 3hours just to get out of london what a joke...but chal it was a laugh all the way back to sunny old leeds. oh and we had no rotiya on the way back so some of us had to jump off the coach and find a shop to get some bread...had to dish out langer on the coach....lol...

anyway the day was really good...

why does everyone think the rain is bad?! rolleyes.gif I LOVE THE RAINNNNNN!!!!  :lol:   :umm:

hehehehe!!

the event woz amazing!!! great seva done by the organisers! keep it up  :umm:  d_oh.gif   :@

131860[/snapback]

rain is wicked BUT when ya already got a cold!! it no good for ya sick record... which u need for sikhi events when u cnt get a day of using anual leave... :e:

this was one of the crappiest days this year

i meant weather wise :umm: lol

was wicked though obviously except the rain :lol:

n ya kno it sed "stalls" on the flyer....but i didn't c any

but veri few people and majority were oldies but neways bless them wivout them the crowd would have been nothing woohoo.gif