Darbar Hall To Become Party Hall!

sewa1111

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did they help towards the seva? was the pardhaan or any committee member present when u did Sachkhand di seva?

126960[/snapback]

There was one member there but he is just stage secretary. The main committee members were totally unaware that the seva nedded to be done! Is amasing to hear Maghar Singh talk about Disrespect towards Guruji. They had Maharaj on shelves for over one year and they would have let it carry on, it didnt bother them.

I am aware that Maghar Singh has received many phonecalls. The Gurdwara offices are open between 7 & 8 pm. Please ring and talk to whoever is there. Its amasing that we not have the help of the Sangat...it feels that we are able to get out point accross to this committee who previously ignored us.

I will confirm the time of the meeting on Sunday.

has the rest of the community in the area tried to do something about this situation? has there been a meeting with the committee?

just to know where things stand right now...

126912[/snapback]

We got no response from the committee, overall this Gurdwara is active only on the weekends and many come just for weddings.

The committee are aware of our stance, the keep deferring the discussion by saying they need to elect a new committee. This committee have never changed in the last 20 years, its just an excuse.

They are just want to follow other Ramgarhia Gurdwaras accross UK and do the same thing. I dont wish to paint everyone with the same brush but if this Centre becomes a party hall it will only be a matter of time before before the resolution is passed to allow meat & alcohol on the premises. Dont forget if what they are planning happens then they will have a Darbar Sahib in the SAME complex aswell.

Its really worrying...... no.gif

has the rest of the community in the area tried to do something about this situation? has there been a meeting with the committee?

just to know where things stand right now...

126912[/snapback]

We got no response from the committee, overall this Gurdwara is active only on the weekends and many come just for weddings.

The committee are aware of our stance, the keep deferring the discussion by saying they need to elect a new committee. This committee have never changed in the last 20 years, its just an excuse.

They are just want to follow other Ramgarhia Gurdwaras accross UK and do the same thing. I dont wish to paint everyone with the same brush but if this Centre becomes a party hall it will only be a matter of time before before the resolution is passed to allow meat & alcohol on the premises. Dont forget if what they are planning happens then they will have a Darbar Sahib in the SAME complex aswell.

Its really worrying...... no.gif

127409[/snapback]

None of the phones are being answered!

127519[/snapback]

sat sri akal ji,

I am a local member of the sangat at this gurdwara and spoke personally to Mr Maghar Singh and discussed the following issues

1. Meat and drinking? Maghar Singh assured me that there has never been any mea, drinking or reception parties ever held held either in the gurdwara or in the community centre, he also added thateven though the building is rregistered as a community centre, is still run as a gurdwara and is only shared with the punjabi school and the sports section.

My comment.... I have been attending this gurdwara for the last 25 years and I have never witnessed the above.

Maghar Singh is a amrit shak Singh and has full respect of the darbar sahib is a good sewdar.

if he is amrit shak then why did he not bat an eye lid when in his Gurdwara Guru Granth Sahib Ji was kept on a shelf?? i think it was 14 saroops on shelves.

i am sorry but i have to question why he did not do anything about this. surely he knew about it? surely he knew this is wrong? surely he wouldnt let his dad sleep on a shelf?

My comment.... I have been attending this gurdwara for the last 25 years and I have never witnessed the above.

Maghar Singh is a amrit shak Singh and has full respect of the darbar sahib is a good sewdar.

127541[/snapback]

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!

Maghar Singh cannot hide from the fact that Maharaj was on a shelf in the Sachkhand.

The Sangat want Ramgarhia Gurdwara to stay as it is, take responsiblity for the 47 saroops of Maharaj & stop this crazy idea of a Community Centre with a Darbar Sahib & 2 party halls.

Goodsingh, if Maghar is a good sewdar then he will do as the Sangat request. :TH:

127541[/snapback]

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!

Maghar Singh cannot hide from the fact that Maharaj was on a shelf in the Sachkhand.

The Sangat want Ramgarhia Gurdwara to stay as it is, take responsiblity for the 47 saroops of Maharaj & stop this crazy idea of a Community Centre with a Darbar Sahib & 2 party halls.

Goodsingh, if Maghar is a good sewdar then he will do as the Sangat request. :TH:

127554[/snapback]

I had a quick chat with my cousins who were part of the Sangat who went to question the Ramgarhia Committee. The Sangat distributed a leaflet asking for the following from the new committee:

1) Take full responsibility of 47 saroops of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and bring all to the new Gurdwara

2) State in writing that for the term of the committee no resolution will be passed allowing meat and alcohol onto the Community Centre.

3) Use the 2 floors in the community centre to do something for the youth and elderly in the area rather than provide party facilities.

The meeting commenced from 2.00pm and the local Sangat who gathered to question the future plans of the committee where told that they will get time to discuss with the new committee who would be chosen by the evening.

My cousins said it wasn’t a nice experience, a lot of the elders, that my cousins know as family friends and local Gurdwara attendees, were verbally abusive and big time confrontational! The Committee & Gurdwara members tried their best to intimidate and bully the handful who wanted to voice their concerns.

The new Pardhan promised to have a meeting with the Local Sangat within the coming week.

Lets see….