Sikhs Crazy About Orange?

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Are we crazy about the colour orange?

Or does it have any significance in Sikhi?

My reason for questioning this is:

- The Nishan Sahib is always is orange/yellow

- When doing seva we always put orange bandannas/chunnies on

Can anyone explain?

Hoping for replies

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

I think ppl make the colour into way big a deal. Once I had a baba tell me it's bad to clean shoes (seva) with an orange cloth. I don't believe that because I don't think colour has any significance.

I think the Nishaan Sahib is just traditionally orange. It would make sense cuz orange is one of those colours that people used and still use alot in India.

Please, if I've said something wrong please correct me. I don't know much myself, this is just what I think.

Vaahiguroo Jee Kaa Khalsaa Vaahiguroo Jee KEe Fathe!!

yeah but like how does orange signifiy it? why not Blue? blue is also one of our other colors..

127433[/snapback]

Blue signifies royalty, orange shaheedee, black resistnace i think, n white symbolizes purity

Bhull CHaak MAph

Vaahiguroo Jee Kaa Khalsaa Vaahiguroo Jee Kee Fathe!!

Sat Sri Akal:

raj_karega_khalsa Sahib is correct in the significance. Throughout Sikhs history, these four colors have been dominant over time periods. Currently, Kesri (orange/yellow) is currently dominant due to the 1984 and aftermath. But before, the Akalis (real Akalis, not the useless ones currently) wore black as a sign of protest in their many movements, the Nihangs in history wore Blue, and many Sikhs have been wearing white as it is considered a simple color signifying simplicity and purity throughout Sikh history.

Paneet Jee.. it may just be a colour, but it represents something more.

Puratan Sikhs never used to use the orange/yellow colour below their waist. It's the colour of our shaheeds, and it's just a matter of satkaar.

Bhai Saahib Harjinder Singh Jinda's mother gave my little brother a siropa which they had recieved for their sons great sacrifice' my brother was asked NOT to ever let is be work below the waist - as some people would do.

Like I said, just a matter of satkaar and respect - my opinion anyway.