Reading Bani

Guest one that needs help

Guest one that needs help

Vjkk Vjkf!

When doing amritvela and when doing Rehaas what do you think when reading the SGGS, like should i read it out load and what should i think when reading it like should i think about what i'm reading(can't do cause i don't understand it). Many amritdaris say read it out loud. I can't think about Guroo ji because he is formless. So What shall i think of?

Sorry if i said anything wrong i am mainly a sikh in need.

Vjkk Vjkf!

When doing amritvela and when doing Rehaas what do you think when reading the SGGS, like should i read it out load and what should i think when reading it like should i think about what i'm reading(can't do cause i don't understand it). Many amritdaris say read it out loud. I can't think about Guroo ji because he is formless. So What shall i think of?

Sorry if i said anything wrong i am mainly a sikh in need.

VJKK VJKF Ji;

recite Gurbani how you feel most comfortable - like my mom does not read out loud whereby i do - also do you pray with family or yourself?? for some reason i prefer praying/meditating alone - like it's my own private time where for some people sitting together as a family or with few friends is more appropriate - as for the 'thinking' bit - before i pray and stuff i ask God to help me refrain from making any mistakes during the recital of Gurbani and instead to bless me with the knowledge to understand, contemplate and live by Their given Words...also read the translations - get yourself a Gutka with english translations so read those along side the Gurbani - that way you will think about what is written and understand it better and after a short period you will pick it up naturally, but most importantly take your time and relax and be happy that you have been blessed with the opportunity to tune in with The Big Guy! pray.gif

bhul chuk maaph

brothers and sisters.....same here............but i do prayer in the bus cause thats when i have time...........but the problem with me is that i control myself not to think other stuff but i will still think SO SO SO MANY THINGS NOT RELATED TO BABA JI...........i dont know y..........may be i am not blessed .......what should i do? when i pray and think other stuff i know i am wrong already but still i can't control it dont know how to relax......may be life is quite busy here so i dont get much time to sit and think and when i pray those things will come to my mind .........very distrubing.....i hope babaji understands me......and i hope my prayers will be listened.

Read your Bani out aloud at Amritvela and listen to the sound of your voice. Listen to the sound of the Amrit Bani. Even if you don't understand the meaning of the Bani, recite it with Pyaar and listen to the sound of Naam.

wen ur alone, sit.. straight back, breathe in a nd out.. concentrating on ur bereathes going in and out of ur nose. your mind will paly games try to put u off.. but finally it will snap awway. If you give up, you'll go bak 2 square one!!! (like an elastic band.. if you stretch it hard enough, it will snap, if you give up halfway and stop, it will go bak to its original form) Once u reached that stage, open ur eyes.. u feel fresh!! and THEN do paath. :lol:

I do my path while driving to work.... i put in Cd of giani thakur singhhji and recite bani loudly along with his recitation while driving... As far concentration is concerned...i dont think its too much coz while driving ur mind is on road.... i just want to concentrate as much as possible.... and need help from sangat... do share ur views on how you achieve that.

fateh