Bhai Manjit Singh & Bhai Rajinder Singh Ardas Day

s s Jhamka

2 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

We're urban Sikhs now. Even if we've got rural roots and most of our families are still there. We've been educated unlike our pendu brethren, our experiences are totally unlike theirs. That's a fact.   

And I'm saying man, certain people seem overly represented in the extrajudicial murders that took place. You can put it down to them being in a majority, or it might well be cultural factors. OR it might be that the sociopaths and psychopaths pind life seems to frequently produce had a very lucrative, rewarding field day during the lehar?  

Plus it's important to note: when it came down to it, all that horse5hyte about jut unity and biraderi didn't amount to sh1t and plenty of juts were killing their own jut 'brothers' in droves. It's important to note because the same might happen in any future conflicts. 

There's a difference even away from India/Punjab from what I see between the rural and urban Punjabis/Sikhs in even second or third generations. 

Might be down to greater education ->better jobs -> kids have 'better' jobs/way of living. 

The ones from pinds are the ones who are 99% in the gangs and white collar crimes. They're also the ones who will lead protests for Sikh rights and fight the Police and other wrong uns if needed. 

34 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

There's a difference even away from India/Punjab from what I see between the rural and urban Punjabis/Sikhs in even second or third generations. 

Might be down to greater education ->better jobs -> kids have 'better' jobs/way of living. 

The ones from pinds are the ones who are 99% in the gangs and white collar crimes. They're also the ones who will lead protests for Sikh rights and fight the Police and other wrong uns if needed. 

Very interesting point. Truth is that I hardly know any Sikhs from non-rural backgrounds here. Can't think of even one to be honest.   

Well, I just found a good example against what I said

https://www.ndtv.com/indians-abroad/sikh-cabbie-saves-13-year-old-girl-from-paedophile-in-uk-1781957

Sikh Cabbie Saves 13-Year-Old Girl From Paedophile In UK

Satbir Arora picked up the girl on February 20, dressed in her school uniform, after she booked his taxi to go from her home in Oxfordshire to Gloucester train station, the Metro.co.uk reported.

: November 30, 2017 

Sikh Cabbie Saves 13-Year-Old Girl From Paedophile In UK

Satbir Arora was presented with a certificate for outstanding achievement in safeguarding.

London: A Sikh taxi driver has been hailed as a hero for saving a 13-year-old school girl in the UK from a planned abduction by a paedophile armed with knives, tape and sleeping pills, a media report said.

Satbir Arora picked up the girl on February 20, dressed in her school uniform, after she booked his taxi to go from her home in Oxfordshire to Gloucester train station, the Metro.co.uk reported.

But waiting for the girl was 24-year-old Sam Hewings, who planned to abduct her after she was dropped off. He had already discussed kidnapping, sedating and raping a victim on online forums, the report said.

When no one arrived to meet the girl, the taxi driver asked her for more information but when pressed she declined to say more, it said.

Mr Arora tried to ascertain whether the girl's parents knew where she was, while phoning the man she said she was meeting - making recordings of all of the calls.

Mr Arora called his wife - with whom he runs the taxi service - and discussed his concerns with her, before passing the phone to the girl. The girl eventually confided in Mr Arora that her parents did not know where she was, it said.

He then called the police, while also alerted a nearby police officer.

5 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

Very interesting point. Truth is that I hardly know any Sikhs from non-rural backgrounds here. Can't think of even one to be honest.   

I take that back. Now that I've thought about it, some people in the family are from urban backgrounds. They are a minority though (and through marriages).  Maybe I'd call them peripheral? 

I still think that this idea of rural Sikhs vs Urban Sikhs (and how rural Sikhs are more committed to Sikhi or whatever) is retarded though. That's not been what I've seen.  Even if proper urban Sikhs are different, it might well be that they have a different mentality or skill set that can help the community grow in other ways. I'm a Sikh from a rural background, as are most of my family, and probably the majority of the Sikhs I've ever interacted with (if you went a few generations back), so it's not like I'm unfamiliar with what they are like. Even when they've been in diasporas for a generation or two. 

Look at how apnay and apneean from pend backgrounds take the wildest risks, and pull the  to settle abroad in urban areas. It's like most pendus crave that lifestyle. So slagging off Sikhs because they are from urban backgrounds doesn't seem logical.  

8 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

I take that back. Now that I've thought about it, some people in the family are from urban backgrounds. They are a minority though (and through marriages).  Maybe I'd call them peripheral? 

I still think that this idea of rural Sikhs vs Urban Sikhs (and how rural Sikhs are more committed to Sikhi or whatever) is retarded though. That's not been what I've seen.  Even if proper urban Sikhs are different, it might well be that they have a different mentality or skill set that can help the community grow in other ways. I'm a Sikh from a rural background, as are most of my family, and probably the majority of the Sikhs I've ever interacted with (if you went a few generations back), so it's not like I'm unfamiliar with what they are like. Even when they've been in diasporas for a generation or two. 

Look at how apnay and apneean from pend backgrounds take the wildest risks, and pull the  to settle abroad in urban areas. It's like most pendus crave that lifestyle. So slagging off Sikhs because they are from urban backgrounds doesn't seem logical.  

Yeah, those 'City Sikhs' half of them have surname of rural Indian descent. 

I meant the traditionally urban Indian Sikh and rural Sikhs. Not the 99.9%+ Sikhs in UK who live in suburbs or urban area

Agree that the different groups of Sikh backgrounds, should work together more closely. Think Jews have done this.