Do We Remember Punjabi Suba?

Bijla Singh

The demand for making Chandigarh sole capital of Punjab is due to a number of relevant factors

1. Chandigarh was built as the capital of East Punjab as compensation for the loss of Lahore. Losing Lahore had more of an impact on people of Amritsar-Ludhiana-Julundur than it did on people of Hissar-Karnal-Panipat or Simla-Kulu.

2. The villages that were uprooted to make way for the Chandigarh project were Punjabi speaking Sikh villages

3. Present Punjab is the successor state of East Punjab, having territory in the factor of 42:37:26 of the East Punjab with Haryana and HP

4. Chandigarh has always been the Punjabi speaking area. It was only after 1961 census that Hindus have systemically been denying their mother tongue Punjabi and stating Hindi as their mother tongue. Even the GOI repudiated the 1961 language data results of East Punjab

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The demand for making Chandigarh sole capital of Punjab is due to a number of relevant factors

1. Chandigarh was built as the capital of East Punjab as compensation for the loss of Lahore. Losing Lahore had more of an impact on people of Amritsar-Ludhiana-Julundur than it did on people of Hissar-Karnal-Panipat or Simla-Kulu.

2. The villages that were uprooted to make way for the Chandigarh project were Punjabi speaking Sikh villages

3. Present Punjab is the successor state of East Punjab, having territory in the factor of 42:37:26 of the East Punjab with Haryana and HP

4. Chandigarh has always been the Punjabi speaking area. It was only after 1961 census that Hindus have systemically been denying their mother tongue Punjabi and stating Hindi as their mother tongue. Even the GOI repudiated the 1961 language data results of East Punjab

134698[/snapback]

What differnce will it make to Balwant a 3 acre farmer in Mansa if Chandigarh is the sole capital or joint ?

It really makes no difference to the lives of ordinary Punjabis.

A few boundary changes will not give them a socio-economic lift.

kurtas

Having differences over killing innocent people proves everything. It shows that true Gursikhs like Shaheed Baba Manochal recognised that there were idiots in the militant groups who undertook acts of terrorism. Why do you have a problem accepting this ? It reminds me of little children who think there is a tooth fairy.

Remember that second hamla on the Darbar Sahib after Bluestar. So called militants holed themselves up in the Harimandir Sahib and were using the place as a toilet. How sick is that. That is the type of people you are defending.  I guess all these people must also have been police cats and dropped into the complex from UFOs.

134622[/snapback]

most people will probs not reply, because people like you are only ther to critisise, which isnt wrong but everytime you are proved wrong, you 'redirect' your argument. This could go on for the whole of your life and you wouldn't be satisfied......

if it was your sister the got raped, or your brother or father that got killed, or your family that was the victim then you would understand why we need our independance and how sikhs are discriminated.

Dont you understand that the indian government did not allow the press to print the truth, they hid it from the whole world. The propaganda in the papers was to mislead and confuse small minded ppl like yourself to go against other fellow Sikhs. People were scared to rise up and have their say fearing similar incidents, so thats y you are negative about issues regarding independance.

Hindus don't deserve India. The land belongs to Sikhs

Yes yes kick out hindus from India same hindus that sri guru tegbahadar ji gave his body to save their dharam.

you are classic example of sri guru gobind singh ji embodiment of khalsa bijla singh..shabash...what a bigotry.

134680[/snapback]

Guru Tegh Bhadur ji gave his life for DHARAM not for hindus and for that the hindus should respect us not vice-versa

Are you people Stupid?! Is that what our Gurus taught us? Hatred? Listen to yourselves talk with such hatred towards Hindus! I know alot of Hindus, and you know what they are so much better a person than these people spewing venom. The movement was hijacked by gundhas, its as simple as that. Its so funny how you kids growing up abroad have these grand notions about the plight of the poor punjabis. Have you been to Punjab recently? Have you seen the new roads, the new homes, sewage systems being built? Punjab is once again getting new life pumped into it. Stay in your moms and dads house, talk big on the Internet about <admin-profanity filter activated> that happened before you were born, or when you were diapers, and continue to sound like a <banned word filter activated>. NOBODY WANTS TO DIE ANYMORE! Leave them alone! Hindus are not evil, people who promote murder are!

kurtas

Having differences over killing innocent people proves everything. It shows that true Gursikhs like Shaheed Baba Manochal recognised that there were idiots in the militant groups who undertook acts of terrorism. Why do you have a problem accepting this ? It reminds me of little children who think there is a tooth fairy.

Remember that second hamla on the Darbar Sahib after Bluestar. So called militants holed themselves up in the Harimandir Sahib and were using the place as a toilet. How sick is that. That is the type of people you are defending.  I guess all these people must also have been police cats and dropped into the complex from UFOs.

134622[/snapback]

most people will probs not reply, because people like you are only ther to critisise, which isnt wrong but everytime you are proved wrong, you 'redirect' your argument. This could go on for the whole of your life and you wouldn't be satisfied......

if it was your sister the got raped, or your brother or father that got killed, or your family that was the victim then you would understand why we need our independance and how sikhs are discriminated.

Dont you understand that the indian government did not allow the press to print the truth, they hid it from the whole world. The propaganda in the papers was to mislead and confuse small minded ppl like yourself to go against other fellow Sikhs. People were scared to rise up and have their say fearing similar incidents, so thats y you are negative about issues regarding independance.

134728[/snapback]

Where have I redirected my "argument". Maybe you think it is ok to $hit in the Harimandir Sahib and then claim it was government cats who did it. I can face the truth. There were some ba$tards in the militant groups and not only did they $hit in the Harimandir Sahib but they undertook acts of terrorism.

It was not the government issuing press releases. The militant groups issued many press releases to claim responsibility for acts of terrorism. I am talking about press releases to Awaze Quam and Des Pardes not Times of India and the Hindu.

If it was your sister that got raped, or your brother or father that got killed, or your family that was the victim of militants/terrorists then you would understand.

Dont you understand that Pakistan sponsored people like Zafarwal to undertake acts of terrorism ? Why do people like you have to hide from the truth when Zafarwal has accepted what he and his group were doing at the behest of Pakistan.

You obviously romanticiseabout these militants to the extent that it clouds your ability to see the mistakes they made. Shaheed Baba Manochal accepted this but people like you who sit on the internet think you know better than him.

Hindus don't deserve India. The land belongs to Sikhs

Yes yes kick out hindus from India same hindus that sri guru tegbahadar ji gave his body to save their dharam.

you are classic example of sri guru gobind singh ji embodiment of khalsa bijla singh..shabash...what a bigotry.

134680[/snapback]

Guru Tegh Bhadur ji gave his life for DHARAM not for hindus and for that the hindus should respect us not vice-versa

134735[/snapback]

He gave his life for which dharam though? According to suitations, that dharam was just happen to be hindu dharam. Key words- Oppression and injustice towards people associated with that dharam.

What kind of bigot are you suggesting that hindus should respect us but not vice versa? Didn't guru tegh bahudar ji respected hindu pandits concerns and kissed matyrdom as "hind di chadar". Where does it say in gurbani that others should respect elite sikhs but sikhs should not respect others?

Yes yes go on try to take territory. No good sitting on internet trying to big time charlie. People like you make me laugh, you are only capable of big talk on the internet.

Only time will tell what I am capable of but you are no different either. If you really want to fight for India then go join their army and fight in Kashmir.

Punjab does not just belong to Sikhs. Just as you do not want to be part of India you cannot force others to be part of khalistan. Is this too hard for you to accept ?

How many non-Sikhs have fought for Punjab? How many hindus and muslims were arrested during Punjabi Suba? It is funny how biased your views are. If people in chandigarh don’t want to be part of Punjab you quickly speak of their rights but when Sikhs don’t want to be part of India you write posts against it. are you the representative of chandigarh? I don’t think so. Punjab that existed in 1947 is our right. We are not asking UP or MP to join. I care for Punjab and I know what needs to be done.

Yes carry on blaming cats etc. So have you got hold of awaze quam and read all the militant group press releases ? Shaheed Baba Manochal accepted the problem and he was on the ground not sat on internet in a western country but you know better.

So many Sikhs from US and Canada have gone back to fight but how many sons of bharat mata including yourself have gone back? I never denied that there were bad people in the movement but those were the agents. If you have names of real militants who carried out such activities then provide their names and actions they have done. Provide copies of press release. You have not provided a single proof not even a single picture.

Well done for displaying your true charachter. So you can make blanket statements about Hindu but no one can question the terrrorism inflicted by some of the so called militants who you think were angels or police cats.

Claiming our rights on Punjab is not terrorism. India claims its rights on Kashmir why don’t you call them terrorists for the same reason. Just because we claim Punjab to be ours doesn’t mean we will kick hindus out or kill them. Even Mohammad Shah said “Sikh Punjab Kathay” and called Sikhs “Soul of Punjab”. The so-called militants were not militants but sell-out goons who brought the movement down.

I suggest before developing your extremist views you read about Sikhi and understand it. The undertone of your post is one of hate against Hindus. This does not fit in with the teachings of our Guru Ji. People like you always hijack Sikhi when it suits them. You statements clearly show your lack of knowledge about Sikhi. You are not above the teachings of our Guru Ji.

I very well know Sikhi. Just because I want freedom for my people doesn’t make me anti-Hindu. If I speak for Khalistan I am an extremist but you speak for India and you are a patriot? I beg to differ.

Oh so Chandigarh is now yours. Strange that because Chandigarh was a Congress concept. So on the one hand Congress and Nehru are this and that but you want the capital they built.

Gandhi and Nehru wanted to have free India but did that not include railroads, roads and other stuff built by the british? Or should the british have destroyed everything before leaving? My point is just because India has built some stuff in chandigarh doesn’t make it theirs.

First sort our southern Punjab then think about getting Haryana.

Tell India to first solve problems in UP and Bihar before going to Kashmir.

What differnce will it make to Balwant a 3 acre farmer in Mansa if Chandigarh is the sole capital or joint ?

It really makes no difference to the lives of ordinary Punjabis.

A few boundary changes will not give them a socio-economic lift.

Why change the argument? It is about our rights. If it really makes no difference then chandigarh should be handed over. If it made no difference then the government wouldn’t have divided Punjab and taken its capital away.

Are you people Stupid?! Is that what our Gurus taught us? Hatred? Listen to yourselves talk with such hatred towards Hindus! I know alot of Hindus, and you know what they are so much better a person than these people spewing venom. The movement was hijacked by gundhas, its as simple as that.

Which post and which line speaks against hindus? Read Gurbani and you will see how every ritual of Hinduism is blown apart. I know many hindus too. You are not the only one. It is your stupidity to misinterpret other people’s posts.

Have you been to Punjab recently? Have you seen the new roads, the new homes, sewage systems being built? Punjab is once again getting new life pumped into it.

So freedom should be traded in for new roads and new homes? When british started building roads and railways they should’ve used your arguments against those who wanted the british to leave. Drugs, suicide and abortion is new way of life? That’s great.

NOBODY WANTS TO DIE ANYMORE! Leave them alone! Hindus are not evil, people who promote murder are!

Nobody is asking anyone to die. Those who want to be free know what to do. No one is calling hindus evil. It was Gandhi who spoke against other communities. People who promote murder are evil, I agree but you forgot to write ‘GOI’ to be more specific.

It was not the government issuing press releases. The militant groups issued many press releases to claim responsibility for acts of terrorism. I am talking about press releases to Awaze Quam and Des Pardes not Times of India and the Hindu.

Please provide copies so we can understand better.

If it was your sister that got raped, or your brother or father that got killed, or your family that was the victim of militants/terrorists then you would understand.

Provide names of those who were killed and raped. By whom, which group and which kharkoo Singh? Read ‘Tay Deeva Jagda Rahega’ first.

Dont you understand that Pakistan sponsored people like Zafarwal to undertake acts of terrorism ? Why do people like you have to hide from the truth when Zafarwal has accepted what he and his group were doing at the behest of Pakistan.

Even if I assume that zafarwal is bad that still doesn’t make Khalistan movement a bad movement. One person’s actions do not represent the entire community. As you said it yourself that Baba Manochahal Ji had differences which proves that even though there were agents and bad people in the movement there were also good dedicated people. Anything goes wrong, it is always Pakistan. Reminds me of the monkey who came in Delhi and GOI blamed Pakistan for it.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Bilja.

Once again you show how poor you are at debating.

Get this in your head.... Just becasue someone thinks khalistan is a crap concept it does not make them a GOI supporter. If I was do you think I would refer to Shaheed Baba Manochal as a shaheed ? You really show your age and maturity by resorting to the usual go tell GOI remarks.

It it is a case of all people opposed to khalistan being GOI agents then people like you are Pakistani agents.

Just as I thought Sikhistan was a crap idea in the 1960s I think Khalistan is a crap idea and the name also sucks. Khalis means empty in arabic so I guess you want empty country. Khalis has no meaning in Punjabi.

Not even our Guru Ji referred to anyplace as khalistan. Banda Bahadur was sent to north India to liberate the people from opression. Not even he changed the name Punjab to khalistan. So I guess you and your pakistani agents know better than Guru Ji.

Also you have no right to any territory and you will certainly not get it sitting on the internet. We will see what happens and whether chickens on the internet come out to play when there is a call.

My WebpageKURTA

YOU ARE SAYING THAT MANY SKH MILITANTS RAPE HINDU WOMEN AND KILLED INNOCENT PEOPLE AND YOU CANT EVEN PROVIDE US WITH A PROOF. BUT,I CAN PROOVE THIS THAT THE INDIAN GOVERNMENT KILLED MY UNCLE AND I WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH A PROOF. I AM A KHALISTANI BECAUSE I WANT MY PEOPLE TO BE FREE AND YOU ARE A ANTI-KHALISTANI BECAUSE NONE OF YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS WERE KILLED OR YOU HAVEN'T SEEN SEEN A SINGLE INNOCENT SIKH BODY LAYING ON THE ROADS KILLED BY A GOI OR THEIR MILITANT GROUPS. IF YOU ARE A TRUE SIKH YOU SHOULD NEVER GO AGAINST THE KHALISTANIS OR THEIR MOVEMENT. I AM NOT TELLING YOU THAT STOP SUPPORTING THE INDIAN GOVT. YOU CAN BE IN THEIR MOVEMENT OF DESTROYING SIKH LIVES WHERE I CAN BE IN KHALISTANI MOVEMENT TO PROTECT SIKHS FROM PEOPLE LIKE YOU.

HERE'S A PICTURE OF MY UNCLE

post-3994-1132601707_thumb.jpg

an innocent child killed by the indian govt.

post-3994-1132601848.jpg

who is going to pay for this???

your indian government

go tell your indian government that khalsa force is in the united states and get him.

i drank amrit of my guru sahib kalgi dhar guru gobind singh jee. i will see who will stop us from making khalistan. i will die but i will never give up.

because of sikhs like you we seen many innocent people die.

the movement will come back and i promise everything will go right. go tell your indian agents that khalsa force will be in khalistan soon and they can stop me if they can.