Indian Media In Its True Colours

dhan_dhan_sikhi

THe following 2 news documents show how BIASED,JEALOUS AND IGNORANT(delibrately) Hinduuustans media is of the sikhs and sikh history.

http://www.newkerala.com/news.php?action=fullnews&id=56643

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1307740.cms

There is absolutely no mention of the fact that KASHMIRI PANDITS approaced guru ji to save their faith and honour in the Times of India article and there are errors and misinformation in the other article

KHALISTAN ZINDABAD

Sri Guru Tegh Bhadhur Sahib was repersenting Kashmiri Pandits as his own Sikhs not as Hindu pandits. He went to AuranZeb's court as their Guru.

Kirpa Ram Dutt who was leader of that delegation became "Amrit-Dhari" and fought in Guru Gobind Singh Ji's army.

Iftikhar Khan, governor of Kashmir (1671-75) was a harsh man and was making forcible conversion to Islam. Kashmiri Brahmins asked Guru for a solution. Guru replied "Such activities can only be stopped by a sacrifice of a great person". Just then 8 years old son of Guru Tegh Bahadur Gobind Rai (Later Gobind Singh) came along and saw his father in deep thoughts. He enquired about the reason. He offered a possible solution by saying "who else is greater then you, O father". Guru Tegh Bahadur knew immediately about his Dharma. He told Kashmiri Brahmins "Go tell Aurungzeb that if they can convert your Guru then you will all become Muslims." Kirpa Ram obliged and Aurungzeb issued summons for Guru. Guru performed the ceremony and declared that next Guru will be his son, Gobind Rai.

Pandit Kirpa Dutt helped Guru Gobind singh in his Sanskrit Studies. Guru Gobind Singh contemplated the martyrdom of Guru Arjan Dev (his great grand father), Guru Tegh Bahadur (his father) and decided to create a khalsa. Khalsa was created at Anandpur on March 31st 1699. Pandit Kirpa Ram Dutt became Kirpa Singh after taking Khanda Baate da Pahul. In 1699 he received the holy Amrit and entered the fold of the Khalsa.

In December of 1699 A.D. Mughal forces sieged the fort of Anandpur and after many months, siege was lifted once Guru agreed to give up the fort of Anandpur. Mughals broke the promise and attacked the retreating Guru Gobind singh's forces, in this confusion, Guru's soldier and family departed in different directions. Guru Gobind Singh along with his 40 Sikhs (including Kirpa Singh and his two sons Ajit Singh, and Jujhar Singh) came to the fort of Chamkaur. Mughals soon sorrounded the small mud fort of Chamkaur. Guru and his sikhs decided to face the battle in the batches of five soldiers each. Pandit Kirpa Singh Khalsa fell a martyr in the battle of Chamkaur on 7 December 1705.

http://www.sikh-history.com/sikhhist/gurus/kirpadutt.html

THe following 2 news documents show how BIASED,JEALOUS AND IGNORANT(delibrately) Hinduuustans media is of the sikhs and sikh history.

http://www.newkerala.com/news.php?action=fullnews&id=56643

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1307740.cms

135869[/snapback]

They are just a bunch of dorks, just ignore them.

waheguru ji kekhalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh

Pyare jio, we all know the indian media are not the brightest sparks in the world. However rather than ignore, I suggest the original mailer send them a polite email asking to have better research and more accurate sources. Also provide them with a link to a good quality sikh history website.

waheguru ji kekhalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh

Waheguru jio,

Its sad how people cannot accept what happened and see that our Guru ji gave his life for the truth, to help all of man kind not just Sikhs

I took a Sikhism class and one of the things mentioned (the teacher was not Sikh) was that there were no kashmiri pandits, that guru ji was actually arressted and did not actually go himself. Its really sad the things that are being said out there. You can imagine how some of the students taking the class reacted to this.......

but yea, this isnt something new, its actually out there and there are some so called scholars, who are making these allegations....

may guru ji give them bhudhi...

bhul chuk maaf

"Guru Tegh Bahadur reprimanded the emperor for his blind orthodoxy and his persecution of other faiths, ‘Hinduism may not be my faith, and I may believe not in the supremacy of Veda or the Brahmins, nor in idol worship or caste or pilgrimages and other rituals, but I would fight for the right of all Hindus to live with honour and practice their faith according to their own rites."

This was mentioned in there

"Guru Tegh Bahadur reprimanded the emperor for his blind orthodoxy and his persecution of other faiths, ‘Hinduism may not be my faith, and I may believe not in the supremacy of Veda or the Brahmins, nor in idol worship or caste or pilgrimages and other rituals, but I would fight for the right of all Hindus to live with honour and practice their faith according to their own rites."

This was mentioned in there

135933[/snapback]

Lostsoul,

Provide reference for your paragraph?