Crap About Sikhs On A Website

http://www.fsmitha.com/h3/h23-in.html

The Sikhs - 1500 to 1707

In India by 1500, a man named Kabir had gained millions of followers in his call to a simple love of God that transcended both the Islamic and Hindu religions. Also, in the early 1500s, a world view called Sikhism had arisen in the Punjab, led by a man named Nanak, who been born into a Hindu family but exposed to Islamic doctrines. He too called for devotion to one God. Nanak's faith was monotheistic, and he was opposed to caste, declaring that all had a right to search for God.

Nanak acquired the title of Divine Teacher (Guru). He died in 1533 and left two sons, but the position of guru passed to someone other than one of Nanak's sons - to a man who took the name Angad. Guru Angad wrote the Sikh's Granth Sahib (Holy Book), which included his report on Guru Nanak's teachings and his own observations. Guru Angad died in 1552, and, rather than pass leadership to one of his sons, he passed it to Guru Amar Das, continuing the deviation from traditional custom. And emphasizing Nanak's opposition to caste, Amar Das ordered all Sikhs to eat together.

Before his death in 1574, Amar Das made his servant and son-in-law his heir, who took the name Ram Das. Ram Das built the Sikh's Golden Temple at a site at Amritsar granted him by Akbar - while Akbar was attempting unity among India's various faiths. Ram Das reverted to common tradition and selected his third son, Arjan Dev, as his successor and guru, and Ram Das got involved in Mughal politics, and into trouble. Akbar's son and successor, Jahangir, had Ram Das tortured to death for having aided a rebellion against him. Ram Das was succeeded by his son, Har Govid. With the Sikh's having suffered from abuse by the Mughals, the new guru became a military leader, taking the first step in his dynasty's devotion to self-defense.

Har Govid was succeeded by his grandson, Har Rai, who was a supporter of Alamgir's (Aurangzeb's) brother, the pious Dara Shikoh. After Alamgir defeated Dara Shikoh, Har Rai was summoned to the Mughal capital, Delhi, but he sent his eldest son, Ram Rei, instead. Ram Rei remained a prisoner in Delhi while his father, Har Rei, died. Ram Rei's younger brother, Har Kishen, became Guru, although still a child. Then Har Kishen died and his great uncle, Tegh Bajadur, became Guru.

Alamgir had Tegh Bajadur executed in 1675 for having refused to accept Islam. Tegh Bajadur's son and successor, Guru Gobind Rai, vowed to avenge his father's murder and to combat Alamgir's oppression. He turned the Sikh community to a devotion for military defense, and he created what he called the Khalso (Army of the Pure). He adopted the surname Singh (lion) and gave his closest followers the same surname. They vowed not to cut their hair or beard, to carry a saber, wear a steel bracelet on their right wrist and wear knee-length soldier's shorts. Alamgir continued to harrass the Sikhs, and he crushed them militarily. But Guru Gobind Rai had the satisfaction of outliving Alamgir, who died of old age in 1707.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

I cant contact this person...

so there aint anything i can do to correct him.

Soi decided to post here...

All i can say is ignore the faithless, there will always ppl who ignore the truth and choose to rebel against the truth. The truth was is and always remain the truth no matter if people try to distort the truth and present the truth distorted to ppl.

This writer is very igronant;

Why would Guru Gobind Singh Ji avenge his fathers death when he knew this was Gods will, for his father to sacrifice himself, to show ppl

(paapis like myself) that freedom of belief is important?

N another thing is the Khalsa was made in Gods will (Guru Gobind Singh Ji got told what to do by God- i.e. like the worlds phrophets got visions n messages by God to preach to the world)

Satgur mera mar jiwalei." (Bhairon Mohalla 5, p-1142)

'My lord can raise the dead to life.' (Translation of the above)

This was not an ordinary feat, this was the most unparallel and supernatural act which was performed

through the direct Will of God. The Guru himself authenticates this act:

"Khalsa is the army of God

Khalsa is created with the Will of God."

(Guru Gobind Singh- Sarbloh Granth)

' He adopted the surname Singh (lion) and gave his closest followers the same surname'

All baptised Sikhs got given this name not only his closest followers.

To sony:

I think this writers very igronant and written this without any true knowledge and must of written this without studying detailed background knowledge.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

• 2 weeks later...

fateh ji!

i did email this person, and told them about her mistakes, and she did try emailing asking about what qulification in world studies i have.. i gave a good reply to her... any way in the end she agreed to change website, and appologised to any one she has offended. i gave her a few links on website to chek 2 c real history and information of sikhi.....

looks like a 10 year old's book report on sikhism done a night before it was due for class....

141189[/snapback]

bahahahaha LOL.gifLOL.gif

the funny thing is...that its true...

some people just dont get it eh :@ pathetic...know your stuff before going around and giving out false facts.

• 2 weeks later...