Guru Gobind Singh Jis Past Life

some singh

wjkk wjkf. sangat ji i was wondering if guru gobind singh ji ever wrote about their past life. i heard a katha once in eng. that said guru ji was a king in his last life. i was wonderin if that is posted on the web anywhere. if it is, could someone please give me the link and if there any certain page (or ang if it is wriiten in the dasam granth....forgive me, i dunno) that would be highly appreciated. thnx. wjkk wjkf

wjkk wjkf. sangat ji i was wondering if guru gobind singh ji ever wrote about their past life. i heard a katha once in eng. that said guru ji was a king in his last life. i was wonderin if that is posted on the web anywhere. if it is, could someone please give me the link and if there any certain page (or ang if it is wriiten in the dasam granth....forgive me, i dunno) that would be highly appreciated. thnx. wjkk wjkf

139673[/snapback]

NO SIKH GURU EVER WROTE ABOUT THEIR PAST LIFE. Gurbani tells us to focus all our efforts, in thoughts, words and actions on the present. Thinking about the past, what we did or didnt do is pointless for the past is not something we can go back in change. It is done and over with so why waste time discussing it or thinking about it.

guxI Acwir nhI rMig rwqI Avgux bih bih rosI ]

You have not adopted a virtuous lifestyle, and you are not attuned to the Lord's Love; you sit there, crying over your past misdeeds.

Instead of repeatedly going over ones past (be it this life, or the previous life if one believes in that) we should focus on reforming and changing our present.

In the same light as needlessly thinking about the past, there is no need to worry about the future either. Gurbani gives us a very simple and direct approach to life. It tells us that we cannot change the past nor control the future. So why waste time thinking or debating on either. Instead focus all ur energy on the present. You do good deeds today then tomorow those will become part of ur past and hence slowly over time u will build up a 'new' past consisting solely of good deeds. Similarly, the future is tomorow, that which we have not yet experienced or done. But if the only thing we ever think of is love and only actions we every carry out are good deeds then automatically this will be our future. For if all our energy is focused on good deeds at all times then how can our future ever go wrong (i.e. doing misdeeds).

Firstly, anything outside of Sri Guru Granth Sahib can never be regarded as our guru -- i.e. it can never replace or even be considered on the same level as gurbani. Secondly, if there are compoisitions outside of guru granth sahib which one feels may be of value to a Sikh then we have a simple rule given to us by our own guru -- analyze those compositions based on the teachings contained in gurbani and if they agree with gurbani then one can accept them and gain use from them but if they are not in accordance with gurmat and in fact opposed to gurmat then we must discard them.

Thus using gurbani as a refernce guide we will quickly see that most compositions consisting of stories or 'bani' outside sri guru granth sahib which are commonly taught and passed on do not agree with the fundamental tenets of sikh philosophy. And if they do not agree with what the guru has himself written in guru granth sahib and told us to accept as the supreme truth then how can we even dare to call these other compositions the writings of the guru?? The guru is not a hypocrit who would say one thing one place and then contradict himself later and say or do something totally different elsewhere. It is only our own weak understanding of gurbani which has led us to falsely attribute such contradictory statements as belonging to the guru.

We must move away from this dangerous mindset and focus ourselves to reading, and udnerstanding gurbani as given to us in guru granth sahib.

WJKK

WJKF

i think the veer ji asking about Guru Gobind Marharaj , just wants to know for educational reasons, or just general knowledge.

I myself am not sure , but Guru Gobind Singh Ji did bhagti at Hemkunt Sahib and theres something mentioned about his past life regarding that.

But u lot are rite about ppl goin on and on adn on about things which we cant change.

FATEH!

WJKK

WJKF

i think the veer ji asking about Guru Gobind Marharaj , just wants to know for educational reasons, or just general knowledge.

I myself am not sure , but Guru Gobind Singh Ji did bhagti at Hemkunt Sahib and theres something mentioned about his past life regarding that.

But u lot are rite about ppl goin on and on adn on about things which we cant change.

FATEH!

139753[/snapback]

Well thas the thing, our guru is not jus some regular individual whom we cal go n read stories about and assume to be true without any worry of dire consequence. To a sikh his guru is his life. Without his guru he is nothing. That is why it is of the utmost importance that we make sure that any story associated with the guru is actually true rather then just accepting it as fact. The problem in most cases is that everone has a lot of respect for the guru and whenever they hear the mention of the gurus name somewhere they automatically assume it to be true cuz they do not wanna challenge or question anythin to do with the guru. But if someone makes up false stories of our gurus is not the duty of a sikh to stand up and challenge that person to preserve the sanctity and honour of sikhi? Knowing things for educational or general purposes is good but when it comes to our Gurus we should be extra careful about wether the information is true or not.

With regards to the story about hemkunt sahib, this also has is a fabricated story which because of great push behind it and being taught to everyone on a regular basis, has become wrongly accepted as being true. This story is mentioned in Bachittar Natak, which is told to the masses as being the "autobiography" of guru gobind singh. If we analyze this a bit closer some very strong questions come to mind.

1. No previous guru ever talked about their "previous life" so why would Guru Gobind Singh how was filled with so much humility that he did not even include his own writings itno Guru Granth Sahib deviate from this and feel the need to tell the world about his previous life?

2. Even if we accept that he did do bhagti at hemkunt in previous life he was not our guru at that point. He became guru only after he attained the gyaan which came from Guru Nanaks bani. Bhai Lehna before he met guru nanak and realized the truth worshiped many hindu idols so shud we build gurdwaras there as well? On the one hand the guru is telling us not to worship any devi/devtay or idols yet on the other hand we are celebrating the story of someone who did pooja of a devti and building gurdwaras in the name of guru nanak at those places. How hypocritical is that!!

3. If hemkunt is of such importance in sikh history, would not the bright, learned and spiritual sikhs of previous generations, including those of the time of guru gobind singh have mentioned this place and made some sort of shrine to commemorate this? If guru wrote this autobiography then surely his closest disciples would have read this as they loved the guru as their own father and were willing to die for him. Their love is what resulted in builiding of so many takhats all with links to guru gobind singh so would they have not done the same thing after having read this "autobiography" of him at that time? Yet how ironic is it that this "discovery" of hemkunt place has taken place only in the last 50 years ever since the brahmin took over control of india.... hmmmmmmmmm....mere coincidence??

4.Guru Gobind Singh ji's supposed "life" "BEFORE' he even became BORN at Patna sahib is NONE OF OUR CONCERN. Didnt any of the other gurus have previous lives too? Didnt Guru Nanak have a previous life where he did meditation? So why only single out Guru Gobind Singh ji. This singling out is part of a deep rooted attempt to separate Guru Gobind from GUru Nanak. Even today many people say i am a sikh of guru nanak only, that i do not believe in guru gobind singh or amrit/khalsa. As long as i believe in Guru Nanak that is all i need. How has this thinking crept into sikhi? We as Sikhs must realize the ONE-NESS of Guru Nanak to GUru GObind Singh to Guru Granth Sahib. Ther is one jot in all of them. Any one who tries to separate them is NOT a SIKH of any GURU..becasue he breaks the fundamental rule of ONE JYOT.

WJKK

WJKF

FATEH!

139753[/snapback]

Well thas the thing, our guru is not jus some regular individual whom we cal go n read stories about and assume to be true without any worry of dire consequence. To a sikh his guru is his life. Without his guru he is nothing. That is why it is of the utmost importance that we make sure that any story associated with the guru is actually true rather then just accepting it as fact. The problem in most cases is that everone has a lot of respect for the guru and whenever they hear the mention of the gurus name somewhere they automatically assume it to be true cuz they do not wanna challenge or question anythin to do with the guru. But if someone makes up false stories of our gurus is not the duty of a sikh to stand up and challenge that person to preserve the sanctity and honour of sikhi? Knowing things for educational or general purposes is good but when it comes to our Gurus we should be extra careful about wether the information is true or not.

With regards to the story about hemkunt sahib, this also has is a fabricated story which because of great push behind it and being taught to everyone on a regular basis, has become wrongly accepted as being true. This story is mentioned in Bachittar Natak, which is told to the masses as being the "autobiography" of guru gobind singh. If we analyze this a bit closer some very strong questions come to mind.

1. No previous guru ever talked about their "previous life" so why would Guru Gobind Singh how was filled with so much humility that he did not even include his own writings itno Guru Granth Sahib deviate from this and feel the need to tell the world about his previous life?

2. Even if we accept that he did do bhagti at hemkunt in previous life he was not our guru at that point. He became guru only after he attained the gyaan which came from Guru Nanaks bani. Bhai Lehna before he met guru nanak and realized the truth worshiped many hindu idols so shud we build gurdwaras there as well? On the one hand the guru is telling us not to worship any devi/devtay or idols yet on the other hand we are celebrating the story of someone who did pooja of a devti and building gurdwaras in the name of guru nanak at those places. How hypocritical is that!!

3. If hemkunt is of such importance in sikh history, would not the bright, learned and spiritual sikhs of previous generations, including those of the time of guru gobind singh have mentioned this place and made some sort of shrine to commemorate this? If guru wrote this autobiography then surely his closest disciples would have read this as they loved the guru as their own father and were willing to die for him. Their love is what resulted in builiding of so many takhats all with links to guru gobind singh so would they have not done the same thing after having read this "autobiography" of him at that time? Yet how ironic is it that this "discovery" of hemkunt place has taken place only in the last 50 years ever since the brahmin took over control of india.... hmmmmmmmmm....mere coincidence??

4.Guru Gobind Singh ji's supposed "life" "BEFORE' he even became BORN at Patna sahib is NONE OF OUR CONCERN. Didnt any of the other gurus have previous lives too? Didnt Guru Nanak have a previous life where he did meditation? So why only single out Guru Gobind Singh ji. This singling out is part of a deep rooted attempt to separate Guru Gobind from GUru Nanak. Even today many people say i am a sikh of guru nanak only, that i do not believe in guru gobind singh or amrit/khalsa. As long as i believe in Guru Nanak that is all i need. How has this thinking crept into sikhi? We as Sikhs must realize the ONE-NESS of Guru Nanak to GUru GObind Singh to Guru Granth Sahib. Ther is one jot in all of them. Any one who tries to separate them is NOT a SIKH of any GURU..becasue he breaks the fundamental rule of ONE JYOT.

139766[/snapback]

d_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gif

wow!

Kharkoo4Life (K4L) , your arguments are so full of holes they are like a sieve, I just don’t know where to start!

<<<< With regards to the story about hemkunt sahib, this also has is a fabricated story which because of great push behind it and being taught to everyone on a regular basis, has become wrongly accepted as being true. This story is mentioned in Bachittar Natak, which is told to the masses as being the "autobiography" of guru gobind singh. If we analyze this a bit closer some very strong questions come to mind. >>>>

K4L, please tell me do you believe in the bani of Bachittar Natak ?

K4L, it follows do you believe in the bani of Dasam Granth Sahib Ji?

Call yourself a Kharkoo? Who made you a Kharkoo if you do not even believe the word of your Guru !!!!!

<<< 1. No previous guru ever talked about their "previous life" so why would Guru Gobind Singh how was filled with so much humility that he did not even include his own writings itno Guru Granth Sahib deviate from this and feel the need to tell the world about his previous life? >>>>

This is a non-argument. Just because the Gurus did not do one thing in one janam does not follow that the next Guru cannot do this.

When Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji took up arms for the first time, there were Sikhs like you who questioned the wisdom of the Almighty, “ the Gurus before never picked up a kirpan, how come this new Guru is doing this” they asked. Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji wore the kalgi for the first time, kept regalia of a Badshah for the first time, kept a hawk for the first time, again there were many who questioned this. Guru Gobind Singh Ji prepared Amrit for the first time, do you question this ????

There is a shabad by Guru Gobind Singh Ji in Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

You are bringing the Guru down to your level. You think Guru Sahib Ji told us about his previous life for some ego trip? In his wisdom Guru Sahib Ji uchaared the bani of Bachittar Natak which narrates events in Guru Ji’s life, so YES it is a part biography. Guru Ji told us where he came from, how he was summoned to AkalPurkhs court and given the mission to uphold righteousness and dharma. Bachittar Natak then goes on to narrate many events in Guru Sahib Ji life from the many battles that he fought, you are the loser if you do not believe in Guru Ji’s bani.

<<<< 2. Even if we accept that he did do bhagti at hemkunt in previous life he was not our guru at that point. He became guru only after he attained the gyaan which came from Guru Nanaks bani. Bhai Lehna before he met guru nanak and realized the truth worshiped many hindu idols so shud we build gurdwaras there as well? On the one hand the guru is telling us not to worship any devi/devtay or idols yet on the other hand we are celebrating the story of someone who did pooja of a devti and building gurdwaras in the name of guru nanak at those places. How hypocritical is that!! >>>>

Misguided K4L, Guru Ji was always our Guru. If Guru Ji appeared before you now in the form of a 5 year old, would you question that Guru Ji was bestowed the guruship at the age of 9 and so technically you are not my Guru and I will not bow to you ?????

You think that Bhai Lehna Ji was just a lost soul until he met Guru Nanak Dev Ji ? You think that the second Guruship would have been bestowed upon a person who did not have janam upon janam upon janam of Naam simran ????

Tell me, if Guru Angad Dev Ji gave you darshan in the form of Bhai Lehna Ji, would you not bow down ?

<<<< 3. If hemkunt is of such importance in sikh history, would not the bright, learned and spiritual sikhs of previous generations, including those of the time of guru gobind singh have mentioned this place and made some sort of shrine to commemorate this? If guru wrote this autobiography then surely his closest disciples would have read this as they loved the guru as their own father and were willing to die for him. Their love is what resulted in builiding of so many takhats all with links to guru gobind singh so would they have not done the same thing after having read this "autobiography" of him at that time? Yet how ironic is it that this "discovery" of hemkunt place has taken place only in the last 50 years ever since the brahmin took over control of india.... hmmmmmmmmm....mere coincidence?? >>>>

As you will recall, the times were very turbulent, there was a price on the head of every Sikh, it was a matter of life and death, it was only during the raaj that Sikhs began to do more khooj. It took many years to find the place under the guidance of Bhai Vir Singh, are you accusing him of being Brhamin influenced, shows how little history you really know. How easy it is to sit on your backside and type away, have you any idea how inhospitable the environment is out in the Himalayas ?

Why the quotes around autobiography, I take it you do not believe in this bani……………….. your lose.

<<<<< 4.Guru Gobind Singh ji's supposed "life" "BEFORE' he even became BORN at Patna sahib is NONE OF OUR CONCERN. >>>>

If Guru Sahib Ji appeared infront of you now would you also say “NONE OF OUR CONCERN” as Guru Ji left this earth it Nanded 1708 ???? how narrow minded of you.

<<<<Didnt any of the other gurus have previous lives too? Didnt Guru Nanak have a previous life where he did meditation? So why only single out Guru Gobind Singh ji. >>>>

Only Guru knows.

Guru Nanak Dev Ji had discourse with Siddhas and Yogies which is narrated in the Siddh Gosht bani. This is bani of Guru Nanak Dev Ji, you think no other Guru had discourse with any other Siddhas or Yogies ???? OF COURSE THEY DID but in their infinite wisdom only Guru Nanak Dev Ji set it down in bani. Are we now to question this due to your twisted thinking?

<<< This singling out is part of a deep rooted attempt to separate Guru Gobind from GUru Nanak. >>>

Only in your mind, it makes no difference to me, in fact I thank Guru Gobind Singh Ji for showing just a glimpse of his wonders.

<<<Even today many people say i am a sikh of guru nanak only, that i do not believe in guru gobind singh or amrit/khalsa. As long as i believe in Guru Nanak that is all i need. How has this thinking crept into sikhi? >>>

There are many reasons for this, but you cannot blame this on Hemkunt Sahib or Bachittar Natak Sahib Ji.

<<<<We as Sikhs must realize the ONE-NESS of Guru Nanak to GUru GObind Singh to Guru Granth Sahib. Ther is one jot in all of them. Any one who tries to separate them is NOT a SIKH of any GURU..becasue he breaks the fundamental rule of ONE JYOT. >>>>

The only part of your post that makes sense !

Fateh,

Dear bundha, thank you for ur thoughts and the highly calm and courteous manner in which u shared them with me. Its wonderful to see that the bani of the Guru is having such marvelous affects on ur demeanor.

As for your rebuttal analysing my remarks. This is an open forum and i welcome any and all questions, criticisms, challenges to my posts. Though i may not be blessed with the same ingenious gyaan as u have seemingly have been bestowed with i shall do my best to answer and respond to each of ur criticisms.

K4L, please tell me do you believe in the bani of Bachittar Natak ?

K4L, it follows do you believe in the bani of Dasam Granth Sahib Ji?

Call yourself a Kharkoo? Who made you a Kharkoo if you do not even believe the word of your Guru !!!!!

I think we should start off with a simple lesson on punjabi/gurmukhi. The "word of the Guru" = Gurbani. And Gurbani is the sole Guru of a Sikh. And my friend, GUru Gobind Singh himself declared that the eternal Guru for a Sikh shall be ONLY GURU GRANTH SAHIB. So please tell me how it is you feel you have reached the point where you can call something else gurbani (guru) as well. If you do not consider dasam granth the guru, then u can not call it gurbani for gurbani and guru are synonomous.

bwxI gurU gurU hY bwxI ivic bwxI AMimRqu swry ]

The Word, the Bani is Guru, and Guru is the Bani. Within the Bani, the Ambrosial Nectar is contained

So who where do u get off calling any other composition, wherever it may originate from as "the word of teh guru"?? Instead of question why i am a kharkoo we should more importantly question how u call urself a "bundha" when u fail understand this most basic of principle of Sikhi.

This is a non-argument. Just because the Gurus did not do one thing in one janam does not follow that the next Guru cannot do this.

When Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji took up arms for the first time, there were Sikhs like you who questioned the wisdom of the Almighty, “ the Gurus before never picked up a kirpan, how come this new Guru is doing this” they asked. Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji wore the kalgi for the first time, kept regalia of a Badshah for the first time, kept a hawk for the first time, again there were many who questioned this. Guru Gobind Singh Ji prepared Amrit for the first time, do you question this ????

These comments are pointless! Firstly i never said that each Guru had to live the EXACT SAME LIFE down to the dot. What i implied was that the LIFESTYLE was exact same. This means the thinking, the reasoning, and overall aim of their actions was the exact same in each case. One guru would not do somehting which would contradict the previous guru. And i never questioned why guru hargobind took to arms, in fact if u recall i said that others have tried doing this. Guru Nanak was the first to show resistence and rebellion against the tyranical rulers and Guru Hargobind merley followed that same path. Guru Nanak used voice and reason to give birth to this rebellion seed, and when the seed had matured and was strong enuff Guru Hargobind used physical force ONLY TO REINFORCE guru nanaks original game plan. Thus both actions tho seemingly different if viewed from physical standpoint were in fact based on the same theological reasoning

And IVE NEVER QUESTIONED THE WISDOM OF THE ALMIGHTY as u state. I only question the wisdom of man!! I question the wisdom of a man who tries to make Guru Gobind Singh the creator of amrit, when in fact it was not he but Guru Nanak himself who prepared the amrit for the first time. True amrit my friend is not in pani mixed with patashay but is the bani, it is Gods Name.

AMimRqu rsnw bolY idnu rwqI min qin AMimRqu pIAwvixAw ]3]

They chant the Ambrosial Name with their tongues day and night; their minds and bodies are satisfied by this Amrit

pIviq AMimRq nwmu jn nwmy rhy AGwie ]14]

Drinking in the Ambrosial Amrit of the Naam, the Name of the Lord, His humble servants remain satisfied with the Naam

This is the real amrit for a sikh. Once they attain this prabhu-naam, i.e. they begin to feel the lords name within their hearts then the only thing that person wants in his life is to stay in touch with this amrit (Gods name). Guru Gobind Singh merely gave this amrit an outward extenstion, a uniform to identify that the wearer of this uniform has TRUE AMRIT vibrating within their minds.

There is a shabad by Guru Gobind Singh Ji in Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Would you please oblige me and cite this shabad for me. Remember this one point when u do, that anywherere bani is written there is always first mention made of the writer. In the case of the Gurus this was transcribed as mahala 1-5, and 9 and for bhagats by their names. So please do show the rest of the sangat where it says mahala 10.

You are bringing the Guru down to your level. You think Guru Sahib Ji told us about his previous life for some ego trip? In his wisdom Guru Sahib Ji uchaared the bani of Bachittar Natak which narrates events in Guru Ji’s life, so YES it is a part biography. Guru Ji told us where he came from, how he was summoned to AkalPurkhs court and given the mission to uphold righteousness and dharma. Bachittar Natak then goes on to narrate many events in Guru Sahib Ji life from the many battles that he fought, you are the loser if you do not believe in Guru Ji’s bani.

I do not consider anything but Guru Granth sahib my guru so i am not sure what exactly it is that i have 'lost' that I shud be deemed a loser. WIth regards to bachiter natak a few quick questions if u wudnt mind.

1. Guru Gobind Singh already declared Guru Granth Sahib complete and our final guru so what was the guru tryin to accomplish by writing other 'bani' for us to read? If it was so important and necessary for a Sikh to read this wud he have not included it in SGGS when he added his own fathers writings in it?

2. ALl gurus spoke only of the mission of our PRESENT LIFE, what we shud do here and now in this life. None wrote about their 'previous lifes' for we cannot change our past. So what was the motive and purpose of Guru Gobind Singh feelin the need to write about his own 'past life'?

3. Have you yourself read the bachitar natak in its entirety or go only by kathas, and teachings of what others have told u about it

Misguided K4L, Guru Ji was always our Guru. If Guru Ji appeared before you now in the form of a 5 year old, would you question that Guru Ji was bestowed the guruship at the age of 9 and so technically you are not my Guru and I will not bow to you ?????

You think that Bhai Lehna Ji was just a lost soul until he met Guru Nanak Dev Ji ? You think that the second Guruship would have been bestowed upon a person who did not have janam upon janam upon janam of Naam simran ????

Tell me, if Guru Angad Dev Ji gave you darshan in the form of Bhai Lehna Ji, would you not bow down ?

Your reasoning and though processing seems to get weaker and more confusing the more u argue. Firstly, my contention was not about the Gurus in their births from Nanak to Gobind. I had clearly stated that IT WAS THEIR "PREVIOUS LIVES" in which we cannot consider them Gurus. If someone is worshiping an idol or asking for advice or following the advice of a devi/devta can we consider that person a Guru? The GUru openly rejects ALL IDOL WORSHIP. So because u feel that person 'was' the guru they are allowed to engage in any type of activity no matter how anti-gurmat it may be? As for the Bhai Lehna refernce, answer this simple question, why was he called BHAI lehna before and then called GURU angad after? Do u not think there was an important reason for this? Even Guru Nanak only bowed down to bhai lehna AFTER he had become GURU ANGAD. ONce lehna attained the gyaan which guru nanak himself passed down to him, only then was lehna considered as the Guru.

lhxy DirEnu Cqu isir kir isPqI AMimRqu pIvdY ]

He installed the royal canopy over Lehna's head; chanting the Lord's Praises, He drank in the Ambrosial Nectar.

miq gur Awqm dyv dI KVig joir prwkuie jIA dY ]

The Guru implanted the almighty sword of the Teachings to illuminate his soul

It was after gaining this knowledge and understanding, after coming to this realization that Bhai Lehna became Guru Angad.

To help make tihs point clearer consider ur doctor. Granted he is a doctor now, with full knowledge and understanding about medicine. But wud u regard him as a doctor when he was only 5 years old? WOuld u be willing to let the 5 year old operate on u? No. It is only later after the 5 year went to school, attained gyaan of medicine, that he became competent and fully qualified as a doctor. SImilary, the gurus each attained the status of guru at varying ages. SOme very young some very old. The reason being that it was when they reached the level of gyaan necessary to be the guru and proved it to the previous guru, only then were the sikhs told to now consider and call this person their guru.

As you will recall, the times were very turbulent, there was a price on the head of every Sikh, it was a matter of life and death, it was only during the raaj that Sikhs began to do more khooj. It took many years to find the place under the guidance of Bhai Vir Singh, are you accusing him of being Brhamin influenced, shows how little history you really know. How easy it is to sit on your backside and type away, have you any idea how inhospitable the environment is out in the Himalayas ?

WEll yes, i agree the times were turbulent. Yet during these same turbulent times somehow Guru Gobind Singh was able to wrtie multiple copies of the final editions of Sri GUru Granth sahib. During these same turbulent times Bhai Nand Lal ji was able to write beautiful vaars/poetry about Sikhi. SO yes the envirionment was inhospitable but the sikhs were able to AND DID still write about the most important things pertaining to sikhi during those same times. And what does Himalayas have anything to do with this bro? Sikhs resides all across northern india, primarily in punajb, wher the climate is much more kind so could they have not even made a single mention of the glory of hemkunt here? Bhai Nand Lal ji wrote some of the most beautiful praises of Guru Gobind SIngh even to this date, and was one of the closest friends of the guru, so surely he would have read the gurus own autiobiography. So why did he not at least make even one mention of this hemkunt, or for that matter any other part of his autobiography in his writings??

If Guru Sahib Ji appeared infront of you now would you also say “NONE OF OUR CONCERN” as Guru Ji left this earth it Nanded 1708 ???? how narrow minded of you.

This is absurd reasoning my friend. Firstly, how does this relate to me saying that "past lives" of any guru are irrelevant. We are to concern ourselves only with the GUru, and that happend during the tiem of 1469 -1708. Secondly, guru ji did not "leave this earth" ever. Only their body expired. The same guru that existed during time of guru nanak existed during time of guru gobind singh and that same guru STILL EXISTS TODAY. Ant that guru is the shabad guru. THis my friend is the eternal guru. Your comments only go to highlight how we as sikhs keep falsely regarding the dhay (body) as guru. The guru has told us that the shabad shall be our guru from now on, so how can u even bring up the argument that guru ji will come 'back again'. The guru wud not lie and change his mind later about this and furthermore the guru is already with us, he never left!

Guru Nanak Dev Ji had discourse with Siddhas and Yogies which is narrated in the Siddh Gosht bani. This is bani of Guru Nanak Dev Ji, you think no other Guru had discourse with any other Siddhas or Yogies ???? OF COURSE THEY DID but in their infinite wisdom only Guru Nanak Dev Ji set it down in bani. Are we now to question this due to your twisted thinking?

Again, ur comments get more n more confusing and pointless over the course of ur post. What are u trying to say here? Yes Guru Nanak spooke withi sidhs and yes his bani is included in SGGS. No one questions that. And yes, most other gurus also very likely spoke with sihds, n yogies of their times as well. But my whole thing was bout 'past lives' and converstaion from these 'past lives'. It had nothing to do withe ilves of the gurus as we know it. You are talking about two completel diff things. So whose thinking seems to be twisted n confused here??

Only in your mind, it makes no difference to me, in fact I thank Guru Gobind Singh Ji for showing just a glimpse of his wonders.

Is the creation of Khalsa not enuff glimps of his wonders? Is his wilingness to let his four sons fight to death not enuff glimplse of his wonders? Is his courage and steadfast faith in God even after Aurengzebs repeated attacks and murder of thousands of his loyal sikhs not enuff glimpse of his wonders? Or do u still feel that there has to be some 'special writing' of Guru GObind Singh to fully apreciate his wonders?

There are many reasons for this, but you cannot blame this on Hemkunt Sahib or Bachittar Natak Sahib Ji.

I am not ONLY blaming them for the reason ppl try to dissociate guru nanak from guru gobind singh ji. Yes, there are many reason for why this type of thinking exists today. And we must try and explore and understand where it all comes from. It is in this light one must examine and read bachitar natak and other compositions and then decide wether they truly support our gurus or are attempts to devalue them.