Worldwide Day Of Protest

JagtarSinghKhalsa

Here's the updated info for the UK Vigil's on 17 January 2006

144809[/snapback]

Another Candle Light Vigil likely in St Albans.

Pleasse watch the space for further information in the next few days . . .

145205[/snapback]

ST ALBANS CANDLE LIGHT VIGIL

St Peters Street (Outside Tourist Information Office) - 17 January 2006 (3-5pm)

Contact A Soni 07949 085450

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the updated info for the UK Vigil's on 17 January 2006

144809[/snapback]

Another Candle Light Vigil likely in St Albans.

Pleasse watch the space for further information in the next few days . . .

145205[/snapback]

ST ALBANS CANDLE LIGHT VIGIL

St Peters Street (Outside Tourist Information Office) - 17 January 2006 (3-5pm)

Contact A Soni 07949 085450

post-2951-1136563620_thumb.jpg

Still No Word From Toronto Sevadaars.  Which Hall, What Time and When will the organizers be meeting at dixie?

144985[/snapback]

Will try and find out 4 u

145021[/snapback]

Looks like Canadian Candle Light Vigils will be taking shape in the next few days thanks to the Canadian Organisation of Sikh Students, the Federation and other like-minded organisations and individuals.

is toronto holding a candle light vigil or protest on this day?

145488[/snapback]

Received the following message yesterday:

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ke Fateh!

Veer Ji, I would like to thank you for bringing this protest to our attention. I am now in touch with individuals from The Canadian Organization of Sikh Students (COSS) and I am emailing you on their behalf. We are currently looking into venues for the protest and will be contacting The City of Toronto for the use of Nathan Phillip Square.

The reason I am emailing is to ask if you yourself are a direct representative of Sikh Federation or if you could provide us with a contact.

We are looking to organize 2 or 3 major protests in Ottawa, Toronto and Vancouver and are looking for any procedural work that has already been done that could be at our disposal. If there are any proposals or such paperwork that can be forwarded to us, so that we can use it when contacting the City of Toronto and local media outlets we ask that it be forwarded to us.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Wssa Exec

westernssa@gmail.com

Feel free to contact tem and take matters forward.

Jagtar Singh i heard today at dixie that there is going to be an event on this jaunary 17th day... but not sure what is gonna happen... i believe at toronto city hall not 100%

Jagtar Singh i heard today at dixie that there is going to be an event on this jaunary 17th day... but not sure what is gonna happen... i believe at toronto city hall not 100%

145576[/snapback]

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

As a representative of the Sikh Federation (UK) I was asked to attend and address a meeting of the United Sikh Federation at Dixie Gurdwara last night. These discussions concerned the Federation's political and lobbying activities in the UK, the Sikh Agenda for the UK Government and the need to develop an agenda for Canada.

At this meeting the Worldwide Candle Light Vigils on 17 January 2006 were also discussed. My understerstanding is the United Sikh Federation members present from in and around Toronto decided that they should support Sikh students that already appear to be organising a vigil in downtown Toronto.

There was talk of organising an additional vigil in Brampton as this would attract a number of local Canadian MPs and prospective candidates to the vigil.

The discussion concluded with the need to contact the Sikh students to find out the latest regarding plans for downtown Toronto

Sikh students (Wssa Exec) who are organising the vigil are urged to ring Sukhdev Singh on 416 674 7888 as soon as possible.

Canadian MPs from the Toronto area also need to be invited to the downtown vigil. With the national elections taking place on 23 January there is no reason why the three party leaders should not be invited to attend the vigils. Give them options - Toronto (downtown), Brampton, Ottawa, Vancouver etc.

You may be surprised and they may attend - partly for the publicity.

At the United Sikh Federation meeting at Dixie Gurdwara there were also members from other parts of Ontario e.g. Hamilton and other parts of Canada e.g. Calgary. There is no reason why protests should not be held in other towns/cities in Canada, especially with elections pending and the need to get widespread coverage.

145488[/snapback]

Received the following message yesterday:

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ke Fateh!

Veer Ji, I would like to thank you for bringing this protest to our attention. I am now in touch with individuals from The Canadian Organization of Sikh Students (COSS) and I am emailing you on their behalf. We are currently looking into venues for the protest and will be contacting The City of Toronto for the use of Nathan Phillip Square.

The reason I am emailing is to ask if you yourself are a direct representative of Sikh Federation or if you could provide us with a contact.

We are looking to organize 2 or 3 major protests in Ottawa, Toronto and Vancouver and are looking for any procedural work that has already been done that could be at our disposal. If there are any proposals or such paperwork that can be forwarded to us, so that we can use it when contacting the City of Toronto and local media outlets we ask that it be forwarded to us.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Wssa Exec

westernssa@gmail.com

Feel free to contact tem and take matters forward.

145534[/snapback]

Nathan Phillip Square in Downtown Toronto (opposite City Hall) would be a great location for the vigil

post-2951-1136735710_thumb.jpg

Sikh students (Wssa Exec) who are organising the vigil are urged to ring Sukhdev Singh on 416 674 7888 as soon as possible.

WJKK WJKF!

I am on the exec of WSSA. Our organization and push for the protest is being run directly through COSS, as we are members of its council. We are one of many universities united under its banner and we will notify COSS Executives of this request. Running the protest through COSS will give access to information and details to multiple universities and as a result will be the best method. We will surely pass on this message.

Your Sevadaars,

Wssa Exec

WJKK WJKF!

145680[/snapback]

Great!

I have also received the personal email.

Keep up your excellent work.

We will keep in touch from the UK and are more than happy to provide assistance and co-ordinate activities.