The Sikh Times

singh_comradz

VJKK VJKF

about a week or two ago i was reading through a copy of the sikh times newspaper. there was something on operaton blue star and i remember the paper had referred to the shaheed singh's in the complex as 'seccessionists' and 'terrorists.' that shocked me thinking that a paper representing the sikh community would make such comments. grin.gif

worse still they have a section entitled 'sikh philosophy' in which they have translations of gurbani. now people reading such newspapers are going to throw away the newspapers after reading them, not to mention other acts which would disrespect the gurbani in them.

i've heard the newspaper has been around for a while now, does anyone else on this forum have any further info on them including their stance on panthic issues, their history and whether any person/group has raised this issue with them before.

you can read some of their biased articles on www.sikhtimes.com

bhul chuk maaf

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well me went for interview with them and they asked me if i believed sant jarnail singh ji bhindrawhale was alive or shaheed and i was like :lol: i don't see what that has got to do with my ability to do the job! just thought it was weird i was asked that and also "who do you know?" i.e. in jathebandi terms again something i felt was irrelevant wacko.gif

Veer Ji,

You sure that is the correct URL. I have seen a newspaper at a few shops with the same name.

The URL is www.thesikhtimes.co.uk . I think it is based in the west midlands.

Last week it had a big spread on Gurcharan Mall (dhol player) who was earlier this year playing at the opening of the naraqthari place in the midlands and quoted on the BBC web site as saying he was a follower of the naraqthari "baba". They have shown how panthic they are by doing this feature on a naraqthari associate.

wjkkwjkp!

unfortunatly, the sikh times have started to fill their paper with anti-gurmat material...

i remember when the sikh times would publish articles on sikhi and that would be it...now 75% of the paper is full of gandh with 25% of articles on actual sikhi!

shame how we are lowering our sources of media to accomodate for kaljug...

maybe the editors can shine a little a light on the matter as to why they are using a sikh paper to promote panjabi-ism and anti-gurmat articles!

wjkkwjkp!

Guest militant singh

I read that same article and was well <Edited> off the '''sikh'' times what a joke they called Bhindrawale a TERRORIST and this comming 4rm a sikh newspaper I SAY BOYCOTT EM dont buy thier papers which has a loada bull**** alongside sadly transaltions of gurbani ......................................SHUT DWN THE SIKH TIMES

Maybe not everyone in the community sees them as Heros

the writers should of got their facts straight on the singhs, id recomend the writers do a bit of research about sant ji and the singhs before putin their opinions across.

Do you think they whr heros?

139972[/snapback]

I actually Have Sant Ji as my wallpaper! I would of loved to meet him, and touch his feet, I consider him a Great Hero, yes.

you can read some of their biased articles on  www.sikhtimes.com

139955[/snapback]

www.SikhTimes.com is a COMPLETELY different site and media to the UK based paper you are reffering to.

The one you are reffering to is www.TheSikhTimes.co.uk.

d_oh.gifVaheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsa, Vaheguroo Jee Kee Phateh!!! d_oh.gif