Punjab Police

Moorakh1

Hi everyone,

I went to India back in 2003 and I will be going again shortly.

My main concerns about this visit Puinjab is the "Punjab Police", when they harrass visitors and demand currency.

We had a taxi driver and these police wannabes stopped the jeep that we were in and demanded 200 rupees from the driver and after accessive abuse and harrassment my father gave them the money!

My cousin last year went to get married and he was staying at his uncles house and the police came in and took 80000 rupees thats equivalent to say £200

As Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale said something like "The role of the police is to serve the people instead they act like thieves and loot them"

I mean we cant stand back and let them f*****g do this to us.

Please add your experiences and how we can protect our rights.

trust me singh.. its reli bad here.. im from toronto but im in india rite now .. came to visit after 2 years.. and its reli corrupted not only in punjab but everywhere..

one way u can try to set the trap for them which we used ourselves a few times is scare them that you know hookups .. ask their name/senior in charge/department etx.. and pretend ur writing it down and say ur gona report them and say here take the money but ur gona give their name in to ur 'friend' .. but u gotta say it in a professional manor.. haahah..

hmm that will maybe works.. but then again my mumma knows some names of punjab police .. high ranked officers so they just use their names and they back off sometimes and use an excuse saying oh we couldve gave u a ticket but we are letting u go or something like that..

its corrupted here.. reli bad .. nothing much u can do cuz all of india is like that .. :@

I Wish That We Could Do Somma...But If WE Try 2gether Then Maybe There's a Solution...

144420[/snapback]

Tru say bhenji... what I am gonna do is take me mobile phone which has a built in camera and take a picture of the sons of a dung beetle, download it to a PC and present it to someone of authority! :@

When i was a lil kid the police stopped our car (TATa SOMU) and searched our lugage. Mum asked how cum they let the other tata somus go?! y did they stop us?

we was ont he way 2 airport, on our way bak 2 uk.. and so mum shouts at them propa.. lyk threateneing them. they backed off!! My mum';s bro was lyk hmm dats bad, but mum lyk theres no otehr way 2 sort em out!

Il never forget their faces :@

When you join Punjab Police you have to do the followings :-

> Trim your darhi (Mandatory)

> Forget that you are supposed to be serving the public , instead its the public who should serve you

> Harass honest labourers who are trying to make a living i.e. gol guppe walle , Rikshawalle etc

> Drink on Duty

> At the begining of the day, think of a fake charge that no other police walla has yet thought off

> Use Public Transport free of Charge

> Revise for the Exam by reading the book "Fake Encounters for Dummies"

> Finally (Stopping only Cos the list could go on till 2007) Go Through Red Lights.