Google Logo

Guest Sikh_Singh_Khalsa

A suggestion,

Generally when Google put up a custom logo, clicking on it normally takes you to another page with information about the event/occurance.

For the sangat in contact with Google, if this goes ahead, can you please check with them if this will happen and what information they might put up or site they may link to?

The last thing we want is for millions of people to click and read up an inaccurate account of what Vaisakhi is for a Sikh.

Regards

Gursharan Singh

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when u click the "vaisakhi google logo" if it goes up, it will search "Vaisakhi 2006" or "Vaisakhi". Thus, anyone can read sites that contain information on Vaisakhi, the first few are BBC Religions, Wikipedia Vaisakhi, etc.

Also, i think someone should send the design asap as it's pretty late now...and obviously last minute.

when u click the "vaisakhi google logo" if it goes up, it will search "Vaisakhi 2006" or "Vaisakhi".  Thus, anyone can read sites that contain information on Vaisakhi, the first few are BBC Religions, Wikipedia Vaisakhi, etc.

Also, i think someone should send the design asap as it's pretty late now...and obviously last minute.

160629[/snapback]

well...

i guess its not going up then :wub:

oh well ...

next year... ? rolleyes.gif

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I vote for "Vaisakhi-The Birth of the Khalsa" cuz if i'm not mistaken, i think vaisakhi isn't the new year....

actually...it is veer ji....just clearing it up there..i didnt believe that at first either.... laugh.gif

wjkkwjkf,

i think the veerji was right -Vaisakhi is the birth of khalsa...

The new year start mid -march (chet is the first month)... M sure u wudnt just take my word for it :p ..lol

so heres a few links

http://www.sikhs.org/dates.htm

http://www.sgpc.net/festivals/calender07.jpg

vaisakh is the 2nd month according to nanakshahi calender.

wjkkwjkf