Do People Of Chamaar Caste Believe In Hinduism?

ranj03

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You get thre types of chumars

1. Hindu

2.Sikh

3. Ravisdarsi

Alot mix n match

But they can all marry each other.

a true chamaar is a ravidaasia not sikh or hindu;)

when the vasiaki mela comes around and the sikhs parade, our GURU RAVIDASS MAHARAJ JI GURUDARA is just down the road from a main sikh temple and we stand outside to show our unity and offer cold drinks and drapes for the G.G.S.J because we all believe the same holy book...

i joined this site because i wanted to see a insight into sikh ppl thoughts....

belittleing isnt clever....if you are a sikh and hold your hand out to friendship from our ppl you will get it thousand times back but if you do show hatred thick mentality youll just get labelled as another one jaat hater....

just a question i hope somebody can shed some light on...

Q/ HOW MANY OF THE PAANCH PIARYA WERE JAATS?

Guru Granth Sahib is our eternal Guru not a book and also its bhagat ravidas not guru ravidas Guru Nanak Dev Ji included bhagats bani so all should be greatful to Guru Nanak for this just remember who uplifted Bhagat Ravidas it wasnt no Hindu Idol like the ones some ravidas gurdwareh have but was the 1st master Guru Nanak Dev Ji

You get thre types of chumars

1. Hindu

2.Sikh

3. Ravisdarsi

Alot mix n match

But they can all marry each other.

when the vasiaki mela comes around and the sikhs parade, our GURU RAVIDASS MAHARAJ JI GURUDARA is just down the road from a main sikh temple and we stand outside to show our unity and offer cold drinks and drapes for the G.G.S.J because we all believe the same holy book...

i joined this site because i wanted to see a insight into sikh ppl thoughts....

belittleing isnt clever....if you are a sikh and hold your hand out to friendship from our ppl you will get it thousand times back but if you do show hatred thick mentality youll just get labelled as another one jaat hater....

just a question i hope somebody can shed some light on...

Q/ HOW MANY OF THE PAANCH PIARYA WERE JAATS?

Guru Granth Sahib is our eternal Guru not a book and also its bhagat ravidas not guru ravidas Guru Nanak Dev Ji included bhagats bani so all should be greatful to Guru Nanak for this just remember who uplifted Bhagat Ravidas it wasnt no Hindu Idol like the ones some ravidas gurdwareh have but was the 1st master Guru Nanak Dev Ji

when arjun dev started writing the gurbani he would not include the name of not for you but for me guru ravidass maharaj ji;) every morning he woke to white washed pages and then guru nanak came to him in a vision and told him untill he does not include guru ravidass naam the baani will never form be free of discrimination...to realise this you will need to experience the presence of a great giani not one who just blabbers on and dont know what it means themselves and trust me there are many of them about:D guru ravidass ji even the bramhins belielved his power.every page of the baani you turn and find nanak dev ji on the other side you will find GURU RAVIDASS JIs saloke...understand your eternal guru first phir gal kurey:) were are the hindu idols in which gurudwara? lols

tu kudey sihss jukayeya guru ravidass maharaj ji gurudwara?

" every morning he woke to white washed pages and then guru nanak came to him in a vision and told him untill he does not include guru ravidass naam the baani will never form be free of discrimination..."

what baba came into your dreams and told you that?

baba sri chand's followers also claim that guru arjun devcouldn't complete sukhmani sahib and came to baba sri chand for help. so you guys are spreading the same nonsense about guru sahib.

guru arjun dev was the fifth nanak. what he wrote was his experience. they didn't just write down good sounding stuff, he lived it, as did bhagat ravidas ji.

you can call bhagat ravidas a guru, that's all good, but if you claim to be a sikh, watch your tongue when making up stories about guru sahib, because trust me sikhs' won't discriminate against you when it comes to some chittar and jhutiyaah.

peace.

a gd question! just the other day someone said 'im sikh and hindu'

then someone said im 'sikh and muslim' :umm:

i was like :| uhhhhh :6 :umm:

yeh u get muslim followers of Guru Nanak, they see him as pir. Mardana and his descendents could be described as muslim sikhs.

And hindu sikh, many hindus go gurdwara and follow the gurus as well.

So you can have followers of Gurus from many backgrounds. Following of Guru Nanak isn't limited to one tribe or religion, Sabh da sanja Guru ah :)

Nanaki Naam Chardi Kala Tereh Bhane Sarbat Da Bhalla

not all chamars would be ravidassia, I don;t think you can say that a chamar is only a true chamar if they follow Bhagat Ravidass Ji.

And also reps to you that you can call yourself chamar in front of such a paranoid forum, some of them just go off on one whenevr someone mentions a caste.

yes one was a chamaar and bacame sikh,one was a gora and became a sikh not what was the awnser to my question...what koum/jaut were the panch piarya before they gave there heads to form sikhism?

hmm i got to google this for you:

ok lets see, from http://www.punjabkesari.com/Religion/panjpiaras.htm I can see that:

Bhai Daya Singh was khatri

Bhai Dharam Singh was Jat

Ok then the other 3 they haven;t mentioned the castes, I found something on http://www.tapoban.org/forum/read.php?1,984 (lol yeh tapoban forum hahaha, that's the last place I would look for caste related stuff)

Bhai Mohkam Singh was Shimba/shemba

Bhai Himmat Singh was chuear (never heard of them)

Bhai Sahib Singh was Naee.

Apologies to all the paranoid people for using caste names 5 times! (NOT) :) ))))

MKLG

Good replies. Should be read by everyone.

Yes, some chamaars are Sikh, some are Hindu. But chamaars are treated disgracefully by some Jat Sikhs, and they are no better off amongst Sikhs than they are with Hindus. It basically makes a farce of all those Sikhs who decry Hinduism because of the caste system whilst being the biggest caste bigots out there.

very well said brother, hitting the nail right on its head.

Casteism in Sikhi is the same if not worse and need to be addressed by all of our thekedars. Those who have exposure of punjabi cultural life would know how deep this divide is. Would you believe even the cremation grounds for chamars are separate in pinds?

we need a sudhar movement in Sikhi to clear this garbage for our faith's eternal chardi kalan

bhul chuk maaf

Doabasher

such a movement can and only will arise from punjab itself

small chance outside influence wil have much effect

i think our sants and other panthic leaders need to address things like this as much as possible

a lot of the time they're pretty jaatist themselves

such a movement can and only will arise from punjab itself

small chance outside influence wil have much effect

i think our sants and other panthic leaders need to address things like this as much as possible

a lot of the time they're pretty jaatist themselves

Panthic leaders represent only "upper caste" sikhs - Jutts and some Khatris.

SGPC and Akali parties all controlled by Jutts and they would not let a chamar get even closer to leadership position.

Two largest Sikh bodies SGPC and DELHI GPC, who are the presidents?

Avtar Singh MAKKAR and some singh SARNA!!

also bhaaji ladli fauji jiyo, we all are also responsible for this kanjarkhana named casteism.

We marry well within our castes and vote on similar patterns where ever possible.

Even your signature, sorry to point out, reeks of 'jaatvaad'.

".... Sodhi sache patshah jio, tera khalsa jape akal hi akal!

Khushian de jakare gavave nihal ho jave SAT SRI AKAL!"

SODHI (!!!!!) sache patshah jio.....

Bhul chuk maafi bakshna

doabasher