Do People Of Chamaar Caste Believe In Hinduism?

ranj03

The Chamar will eat food prepared by any tribe except the Khakrob, Kanjar, Sansi and Nat. Smoking is only allowed by themselves and they will not eat or drink from dhobi, a Dum or a Nilgar. So, they do have descrimination levels. They support Indian caste based reservation system which divides people on the basis of castes.

Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee has quota system on the basis of castes. They offer special quota system for the Sikhs who are from lower castes. There are seats reserved for "low-castes" Sikhs in S.G.PC. ohmy.gif

Sikh Chamars have done worst by introducing Bhagat Ravidas Temples. They are running these temples and forgetting that Bhagat Ravidas never alienated himself from others. He had Brahmins/Rajputs and other high caste people as his followers. This is the new trend where Dalits have made "Ravidas"movement as political movement. Bhagat Ravidas's Guru was Brahman. In Sikh circle Ravidas Temple's origin is based on the internal friction between Jatt society and dalits. I believe it was started when few so called Dalit Sikhs were denied the right to bring "Prashad" in Amritsar complex.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

thanks 4 everyone who commented on this thread, & thanks 2 the person that started it...this's sumthin thts bugged me for a long tym... 4 those that believe in caste i am a chamaar, n its soooo messed up for us, especially the youngster of us, i mean my parents, grandparents, uncles,aunties have brought us up 2 "believe" we are Hindu... :wub: NOOO IM NOT! i go 2 the gurdwara,not the mandhir,listen 2 readings from the Guru Granth, not the Bhagvad Gita,

its realy bad cuz i dont even think the generation older then us know what we are... (messed up yeah?!) the ones that do see that we are not actually Hindu wont admit 2 being sikh, "ohh im a chamaar" and thats it they will avoid it, the olders amongst us...maybe they'r just 2 afraid 2 stand up and be counted as sikhs 4 fear of rejection, as has happened before...

i dunnoooo.... no.gif

im sorry if i offended any1...really sorry, this is a subject that i feel very passionate about...sorry. pray.gif

chamaar are those who work with "chamri" or "khal" or teh hide of cows and other animals, to make shoes, etc, basically like leather workers.  You can say most Italians are chamaars cause they make the best leather shoes :wub:

since the cow is holy in hinduism, people who work with chamri and khal are looked down upon.  Some chamaars are hindu some are sikh.  unfortunately they are treated the same way in both religions.  Sikhs treat them as a low caste even though sikhi is against caste.  in western countries you can find "chamaar" gurdwaras or ravidas panthis.  Bhagat ravidas was from chamaar caste.  in his baani he refers to himslef as khalaas chamara or liberated chamaar, being one with God.  Too bad the very people who do all this pakhand around SGGs ji don't see God in chamaars as well even though they bow down to bahagat ravidas ji's baani which is the word of god.

153283[/snapback]

Why do they feel they need to set up there own Gurdwaras with the use of the term 'Guru' instead of refering to Bhagat Ravidaas ji as a 'bhagat'' This is not acceptable in Sikhism as the only Gurus that are were the 10 and the SGGS!

chamaar are those who work with "chamri" or "khal" or teh hide of cows and other animals, to make shoes, etc, basically like leather workers.  You can say most Italians are chamaars cause they make the best leather shoes :wub:

since the cow is holy in hinduism, people who work with chamri and khal are looked down upon.  Some chamaars are hindu some are sikh.  unfortunately they are treated the same way in both religions.  Sikhs treat them as a low caste even though sikhi is against caste.  in western countries you can find "chamaar" gurdwaras or ravidas panthis.  Bhagat ravidas was from chamaar caste.  in his baani he refers to himslef as khalaas chamara or liberated chamaar, being one with God.  Too bad the very people who do all this pakhand around SGGs ji don't see God in chamaars as well even though they bow down to bahagat ravidas ji's baani which is the word of god.

153283[/snapback]

Why do they feel they need to set up there own Gurdwaras with the use of the term 'Guru' instead of refering to Bhagat Ravidaas ji as a 'bhagat'' This is not acceptable in Sikhism as the only Gurus that are were the 10 and the SGGS!

159229[/snapback]

...don't get me started! (lol)

...well basically cuz there silly silly ppl..Ravidass was a bhagat, not a guru...i mean we do not refer 2 Kabir or Namdev as gurus...so y Ravidass.... i think once again it alllllll comes down to caste.. because Ravidass was a chamaar 2 n they needed a "leader" :@

[

...don't get me started! (lol)

...well basically cuz there silly silly ppl..Ravidass was a bhagat, not a guru...i mean we do not refer 2 Kabir or Namdev as gurus...so y Ravidass.... i think once again it alllllll comes down to caste.. because Ravidass was a chamaar 2 n they needed a "leader"  :wub:

159257[/snapback]

Although they do install the SGGS at these places, i've heard that they are compiling a book which will only feature Bani of Bhagat Ravidass ji. All this segregation is unnecessary.

What next, a Guru Farid Ji Gurdwara! Sikhs are their own worst enemies!! :@

Although they do install the SGGS at these places, i've heard that they are compiling a book which will only feature Bani of Bhagat Ravidass ji.  All this segregation is unnecessary. 

What next, a Guru Farid Ji Gurdwara!  Sikhs are their own worst enemies!! :wub:

159334[/snapback]

nooooooo waaayyy!!! no.gif realy?? are u sure??... i dont think they are...thay cant....

(& HAHAHAHA LOL.gif HAHAHAHA LOL.gif HAHAHA LOL.gif ur pic is tooooo funny! HAHAHA LOL.gif HAHAHA LOL.gif )

Although they do install the SGGS at these places, i've heard that they are compiling a book which will only feature Bani of Bhagat Ravidass ji.  All this segregation is unnecessary. 

What next, a Guru Farid Ji Gurdwara!  Sikhs are their own worst enemies!! :@

159334[/snapback]

nooooooo waaayyy!!! no.gif realy?? are u sure??... i dont think they are...thay cant....

(& HAHAHAHA LOL.gif HAHAHAHA LOL.gif HAHAHA LOL.gif ur pic is tooooo funny! HAHAHA LOL.gif HAHAHA LOL.gif )

159355[/snapback]

You DARE to laugh at me? :wub:

I've heard rumours amongst the Ravidasis, but like i say I have no proof so i hope that means it's not going ahead!

• 2 years later...

look its very simple i know some chamaars have converted to other faiths..some to sikhs..cristian or watever but at the end of the day u cant change wats u born as.when indian ppl 1st came to the U.K they were shunned when they went to pray at sikh gurudwaras..then they realised the predudice of the jaat ppl and the hate and all chipped in and got the GURU RAVIDASS MAHARAJ JI gurudwaras built..now the aim of these is so our people can go believe and listen to the granthsahib ji without discrimination...GURU RAVIDASS JI is a GURU for me because he gave me a place in society a name not resentment or hate but the fact i can say yes im a chamaar and im proud of that.i have alot of respect for the gurbani and i have a place..just look at the des pardes punjabi paper at the wedding section its all sikh khatri/rai/jaat there are even divisions in sikhs so nobody really escaped it! lols but the jaat ppl i found really full of hate....i have nothing against anybody of sikh faith but feel very bitter to all the jaats for the hating...although i have enjoyed loads of jatti g.fs lols :D

if you can read the G.G.S.J you will see on everypage were there is GURU NANAK JI ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THAT PAGE THERE IS GURU RAVIDASS JI....MANJAO;) GO ASK A GIANI AND MAKE SWEAR HE WONT LIE.