AKJ OR SIKH sangat?

Guest learner singh

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest balwinderkaur

yaaaaaaaa. but thats a form of utopia already tongue.gif i dont think people can get rid of and look beyond their affliations. its too deeply etched in them....this pride of " I took amrit from Taksaal" or " I am AKJ" " I am Nihang" " Oh you didnt take amrit from jatha??????? ohmy.gif , damn then your amrit is no use. You should have taken from jatha" or whatever else that goes on. For goodness sakes.....argh i dont want to say anything....... :) This is juz so frustrating. :( @

i know bhenjee hw frustrating it is when u hear ppl say all those things... amrit should be ONE... not divided to taksal.. akj... SGPC... :):(

Gur Fateh!

I had similar issues running through my mind before I took Amrit (one committee expressing one thing, a Jatha supporting another and deras yet something else)...

...in a nutshell, I took a long hard look at myself and came to the view that Amrit was established in Kaljug by Guru Gobind Singh and it is from Gurdev Pita that I wish to be blessed...so let the committees, jathas, deras et al say whatever they wish...Amrit and the commitment that follows thereafter is between the Sikh and his/her Guru...

...around that time, a friend said to me, an Amritdhari is one who believes in One Akal with full faith comitting themselves to Guru Gobind Singh through the 5 Ks and 5 Banis as their spiritual father and practising the light of Guru Nanak throught the 3 fold path of Naam Japna, Vand ke Shakna and Kirt Karni...

...sounds simplistic, I know, but it got me out of worrying about various committees, jathas and

deras...concentrating on the collective consciousness of the 5 pyare and presence of Guru Maharaj...

...I guess, so long as we retain the understanding that we are one Khalsa Panth manifest in all, united through our diversity, with full faith in Guru Maharaj...frankly, all hell couldn't stop us from anything!

Bir ras de naal,

GUR BAR AKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLL!

We are all Sikhs, no doubts. But to claim to belong to a jatha is not a crime, nor is it against Sikhi. It is wrong to say I am a "-------" Singh/Singhnee. But it is ok to say that I am Guru ka Sikh, and the sangat that I follow is "--------" . The reason there is a need for GurSikh Jathas such as akj or taksaal is that main stream Sikhi is on the decline. For example, I live in the states and if you were to go Gurdwara on sunday, there are no amritdhari singhs or for that matter many with Kesh. That is mainstream Sikhi, there no jathabandees have any effect and you can see the result. If your jatha is all amritdhari and that is a requirement, then the chance of any dilution does not exist. And if it weren't for certain jathas, who would have protected Sikhi in 84?

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Why cant we have mainstream Sikhi as our wonderfull father, Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Sahib wanted it? Khalsa should be one and united- with NO jathabandi's.

To be perfectly honest I think the Jathas are created because Sikhs dont agree with one anothers rehit and Sikh way of living. They then claim we were set up to do parchar of the 'True' Sikhi. It makes me wonder- all the different jathas- not all can be true can they? I believe non of the Jathas are the truth because of this.

Sangat Ji, if we are to unite me must all have the same Sikhi and the rehit and we must all come under one banner:

THE KHALSA

If you ask me the Jathas are doing no good but just segregating Sikhi- which is not what Guru Gobind Singh Ji wanted.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Doctor_Mani wink2.gif

but the reality is Jathas are a part of Sikhi, the good and bad ones. even with jathas we can unite under the banner of khalsa. so we gotta acknowledge them. also about Sikhs not getting along. i heard once that the British once said that Sikhs can conquer the world in 7 days but can not rule for a single day. food for thought.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!