Euthanasia

is it against sikhi  

25 members have voted

1. 1. is it against sikhi

• Yes
    • No

i think it is probably against sikhi, cos sometimes becos of our past deeds we are destined to suffer in this life, but if we are killed painlessly then that doesnt mean we are gonna escape that suffering, we wud probs have to suffer some other time maybe more or wateva, but thers no way around it apart from naam japna etc

I was always under the impression that suicide is the WORST sin ever. I guess it makes sense of you consider Maharaji created us all, and if we terminated out lives, the it's a snub to Maharaji....

i think it is probably against sikhi, cos sometimes becos of our past deeds we are destined to suffer in this life, but if we are killed painlessly then that doesnt mean we are gonna escape that suffering, we wud probs have to suffer some other time maybe more or wateva, but thers no way around it apart from naam japna etc

154929[/snapback]

I agree. Everyone is destined to suffer unless the Lord blesses us and we find Him.

Guest SScom

its difficult because... what if someone says "im in so much pain in this life, i need to end it and i dont care of the consequence in Maharajs court?" Obviously, thats not a good thing if thats what they feel, but thats up to them isnt it? Same with suicide...

another example along similar lines is, if a sikh was given the opition of hair removal and life geting saved (say for example head injury)... or death...

now if the Gursikh chose death, i wouldn't consider it suicide or sin. he is not taking his own life, but letting the natural processes take over.

I think Baba Kartar Singh ji Bhinderawale chose not to have his hair removed for the operation after his car accident.