Radhasoami

....can;t comment on this. If you actually go to some of the RS meetings, as I have done...because my family are RS/SIKH....you will see that there is NO ANTI-SIKHISM or ANTI-any other religion taught.

It's stated RS is a spiritual path...much akin to the 3HO practised in the states by Yogi Bhajan.

They teach and recite many bania from GGSJ, as well as other saints such as Kabir etc etc.

They teach that ALL religions have one thing in common...aka GOD...and that religions, in their current form, are made by MAN, and what we need to do is our SIMRAN and LOVE and RESPECT each other.

i thought 3ho was a seperate thing from yogi bhajan teachings, he was a gursikh. .......

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WJKK WJKF

Sikhi will not be destroyed by R.S, Nirankari's, Darshan Das and any other of these small sects! :e:

One thing which I have noticed is that in India there is a very stron population and popularity of R.S. Posters of their current so called "Maharaj" appear around the main cities and towns.

Also there are many R.S dera's which have been built, obviously the Indian government are paying into these funds so that Sikhs appear furtherly weakened in Hindustan and Punjab.

I recently was listening to Sant Baba Jarnail Singh Khalsa Bhindranwale's speech, here he stated that all Sikh's should be aware of Nirankari's, Namdharis and Radha Soami's.

People might think they are not harming anyone, as they appear to be helping people, but only true Sikhs that follow Guru Granth Sahib will understand how they are damaging Sikhi and the future of it. :lol:

Its up to us to tell our kids, that there is only one living Guru Granth Sahib, so that the next generation of Sikhs don't make mistakes like people are doing by following false Guru's and the so called self made "Maharaj" set up by the Indian Government.

WJKK WJKF

• 2 months later...

Funny, i came across this message that I overlooked ages ago and it seems right I comment now, even though the thread was written a few months ago and looked at a long discussion on Radha Somai etc etc...forgive me for bringing it up again.

Thanks Singh_Shiromani for pointing out to the Sangat that I appear to be a RS...

Nice to know the world isn't perfect and there are those people out there who have disregard for other beliefs and teachings. Thats not to say I am a RS....I have full faith in Maharaji. If you bothered to read the actual post, some members of my family are, and it's their right to follow what they wish. I have no ill-will against anyone or any religion...by you're frame of mind, you are also isolated Sikhi from the rest of the world, putting it on a platform and sayin 'Sikhi is the only way'...which is in fact totally wrong.

ALL teachings have merit and non is better then any other. After all, there are many religions and many teachings but there is only Ek Onkar....

You obviously have a major dent against anyone or anything who against your idea of Sikhi...but why stop with RS? Why not go ahead and thrown in Islam, Hinduism, Christianity etc etc into the list and it's the same this isn't it?

Think what you wish bhaji, I really don't care one but whether you think I'm a RS, I don't care one but whether my family members are RS and I really dont give a <banned word filter activated> what the rest of the world belives in or follows, I only try to live a life where I am moral and honest and abide by Maharaji...with due care and attention to other religions and tolerence for other people beliefs.

Why do you feel threatened by other sects or religions...aren't you going against the very teachings of Sikhi?

All races, religions, men and women...equal...there is Ek Onkar...so whats the issue then?

If you feel threatened by other 'sects', doesnt that suggest you're own faith is somewhat lacking (I'm not saying you are faithless at all), in that you are frightened of the influence of other religions and teachings?

Viz a viz, does this not lead to the Islamic ideology....there is one God...ALLAH...no other...anyone believing otherwise is an infadel and will go to hell...?!???!?!?

Sikh teachings do not discriminate on the basis of religious affiliation. Universal tolerance is underscored by the inclusion of Hindu and Muslim poets, Guru, Gobind Singh, confirmed this attitude of religious equality by stating: "God is in the Hindu temple as well as in the mosque. God is addressed in both the Hindu and the Muslim prayer; all human beings are one though they may appear different . . . They are all of one form and one God has made them all."

So, Bhaji, all i'm saying to you is be happy...try not to let other people get to you. Espicially try not to influence other Sikhis to follow your ideology. You just focus on making yourself a better Sikh, as must we all...through Seva, Naam, Kirtan Sadh Sangat.

Nothing else matters...least of all the teachings of other people..you just focus on your own progress on Sikhi and don't let other religions and teachings get to you.

Thanks for you're comments though and I'm sorry if I have offended you directly or any other Sangat....I'm just trying to say that there is not need for this in-fighting....every second we waste doing that is one less breath...one less time to utter WaheGuru, less second to think of Maharaji and one less moment in our Sikhi path.

Sadh Sangat Jio, this person manchester sikhi, is defo a radha soami, and hasnt replied if to the post i put up, so its probably true their "Guru" spits in their mouth!! NASTY!!!

Sadh Sangat Jio, I appeal in Sri Sadh Sangat's feet to please beware of these "dambi pakhandi dehdhari guru's" whom ONLY have ONE mission to take Sikhs away from Sahib Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj and join them with themselves and preach their BAKWAAS, as i have said about the Father / child thing, whos sons and daughters are we? lets stick to our Father Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj and not make Chacha's our Bapoo Ji's.

Beware of these Khalsa Ji, they will try anything to try and embrace us into their dirty sect, but we will ignore this and stick to Satguru Sache Patshah Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji's Sacha Sucha Marg of GurSikhi, Panjan Piarian Paaso Amrit Shako, Singh Sajo....

Just a follow on as well...what exactly makes a religion?

How does a sect turn into a religion?

Was just curious!

What are the minimum number of followers needed to make something into a religion?

One of those weird questions I guess, but would be interesting to hear what you guys think...

(Now for those conspiracists, just to make you happy and have lots more to talk about, Yes I am asking because i have the idea in the back of my mind to make RS into a religions<< LOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gif

<<(and if you belive that then you are indeed gullible) >>

So how do you think a spiritual teaching become a religion? Whats to stop a small sect of a few hundred people forming a religion?

Oh well....

Hopefully someone will be able to answer that.

radaswami are <admin-cut>

radaswami are <admin-cut>

Excellent post Bhaji...nice to see 'religious' tolerence in effect...so answer me this then veerji...seeing as you have such strong views of RS teachings.....what about other religions and teachings....Budishm, Judaism, Christianity and Islam....I take it you also feel hey are kuttay too...

That's a really smart attitude...hmm...it sounds familiar doesn't it?? I'm sure I came across some blokes in the street who tried something like that on me because I was Sikh...what where they??? Hmm...let me think...ahh...yeah...Muslim.

This is obviously one thread with extreme views from all sides. I just wanted to get my view across to add to the already extreme views of others.

But it's good to see we as Sikhs have moved on and developed into something more then out 500 year history......it's nice to see we have moved away from all the intolerence that was around when Guru Nanak Ji crafted Sikhism......... d_oh.gifd_oh.gif

Hmmm....I'm sure there is some sarcasm in that comment......can you stop it??? no.gifno.gif

Just an aside..:

THE MEANING OF SIKHISM

Sikh philosophy is composed of progressive ideals, a positive worldview, and a crystal-clear message: a Sikh constantly learns to be a better human being. Not coincidentally, the word itself, Sikh (disciple), is indicative of the perpetual learning process that is life.

In Sikhism, a human being, in order to attain God, must rise above five basic vices: lust, anger, greed, pride, ego. Anyone who successfully avoids these five transgressions, and who lives a truthful living, is considered to be a God-conscious person.

Sikhism recognizes other faiths as equally conducive for the development of spirituality; however, as a revealed and distinct religion in of itself, Sikhism offers its followers a viable path toward the selfsame goal, God.

....can;t comment on this. If you actually go to some of the RS meetings, as I have done...because my family are RS/SIKH....you will see that there is NO ANTI-SIKHISM or ANTI-any other religion taught.

It's stated RS is a spiritual path

This was the whole point of Guru Nanak dev ji's apperance in this world!

There is no justification of any other 'cults/sects/breakaway groups' Because Guru Nanak dev ji's Sikhism caters for all the needs of the world.

I don't attack any beliefs, other than any that use the Gurbani for their own personal use. Guru ji disowned anybody who misused Gurbani and any person who claims to be a Sikh will do the same. We need [/b]NO Deh tari guru we need no holy person, all we need are Gursikh people who will teach Gurbani and the true way - This can be found only through the SGGS. END OFF!

All you cults will not eradicate Sikhi! :@

As for spitting in mouths, isn't that a fetish? Ewww i'm not sure if it's true, but how stupid are the followers if they can't see this to be wrong. It's so blooody hilarious LOL.gif

manchester sikh RS r the biggest low lifes in this world (and all others thatr havnt been discovered-lol)

why do you defend your sect by naming other religions such as islam and hindu we r talkin about low lofe RS poeple stick to the topic. what do the RS say that our guru ji SGGS ji has not said already - you have your own secret password to reach god ( LOL.gif ). you claim to be sikh - u mak me laugh- i cud go on and on but dont have time to waste on <admin-profanity filter activated> like yourself