The Holy Script For Sikhs

Satsriakal to all and Crayzy Ji!

You asked "what names are these....I've only ever heard permutations of Guru Granth Sahib..."

Some of these names are Maharaj, Guru Maharaj, Guru Granth, Sri Guru Granth, Adi Granth, Baba Ji, Baba Ji Dee Beerh, Guru's Deh (body), Adi Gur Durbar, Dasam Gur Durbar, Sarbloh Gur Durbar, Pauthi Sahib, SGGS, Shabad Guru etc.

Your next question is "there are 100+ different words for God in Guru Sahib - does the different name change the meaning of anything?"

The meaning of everything changes when it gets another name by the ever changing person or Maya.

God remains Truth.

Balbir Singh

Satsriakal to all and Crayzy Ji!

You asked "what names are these....I've only ever heard permutations of Guru Granth Sahib..."

Some of these names are Maharaj, Guru Maharaj, Guru Granth, Sri Guru Granth, Adi Granth, Baba Ji, Baba Ji Dee Beerh, Guru's Deh (body), Adi Gur Durbar, Dasam Gur Durbar, Sarbloh Gur Durbar, Pauthi Sahib, SGGS, Shabad Guru etc.

Your next question is "there are 100+ different words for God in Guru Sahib - does the different name change the meaning of anything?"

The meaning of everything changes when it gets another name by the ever changing person or Maya.

God remains Truth.

Balbir Singh

158428[/snapback]

i don't think the different names are a biggy because they all point to the one divine Guru. as you pointed out, the same being for God.

despite the names by the 'ever changing person' it does not change the message of SGGS, the key to union with Akal Purakh

Please dont call Guroo Sahib Ji Mahraj scriptures.

Guroo Gobind Singh Sahib Ji Gave Gurgaddi to "Guroo Granth Sahib Ji" and this is the name that we must call our pyaare Guroo Sahib by. Then out of love we give our Guroo Sahib ji many titles and praises, Dhan Dhan Sri Guroo Granth Sahib Ji Mahraj

Satsriakal to all and Singh Comradz Ji!

Thanks for your input. I hope I have understood you correctly.

We shouldn't change anything in the holy scripture as it may change the message. But we may change the name or outlook of the present Guru Ji out of love.

May I ask if this freedom is alone for Sikhs or any person may name Guru Ji as per his liking?

SinghStah Ji!

Do you feel you have more respect and love for the Guru's True Message than others?

Do we need a stage to demonstrate our competition?

Balbir Singh

Thanks for your input. I hope I have understood you correctly.

We shouldn't change anything in the holy scripture as it may change the message. But we may change the name or outlook of the present Guru Ji out of love.

May I ask if this freedom is alone for Sikhs or any person may name Guru Ji as per his liking?

SinghStah Ji!

Do you feel you have more respect and love for the Guru's True Message than others?

Do we need a stage to demonstrate our competition?

Balbir Singh

158472[/snapback]

thing is i aloe alot of ppl refer to Guru Sahib with different names (such as the ones you have mentioned) but they are all out of respect.

in reference to Sikhs just asking...

everyone in this world is of equal standing, as Gurbani states that God is in everyone and SGGS is a message for mankind.

So in that sense Sikhs don't have any sort of monopoly on Gurbani

and again it isn't a biggy. depends on the persons perspective. someone might think of it as a major issue which somehow threatens Guru Sahib. but then another person (such as me) does not think it is damaging Guru Sahib in any way. and it isn't as if the name 'Sri Guru Granth Sahib' is being eradicated..

i also think that instead of worrying about the name issue, because personally i don't think Gurbani is being diluted by the number of names, we should be concentrating on educating ourselves and others on the importance of Gurbani.

hope that makes sense and in reference to what you asked Singstah..

if i could just comment on that by saying that i think he said that out of shere respect for Guru Sahib

i doubt it was an egofied statement.

each persons relationship with the Guru is personal and i don't think we need to prove that by having competitions on who has the greatest love for Guru Sahib

Don't you think it would be great to know the name, the Gurus used to call the holy scripture?

Perhaps it would also be interesting to know why that name was ignored.

Balbir Singh

158475[/snapback]

i know very little to zilch..

but you seem to know the answer to your own question so please do enlighten...?

Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakal!

Dear Singh Comradz Ji!

I appreciate your views and pray that all grow on their conscious level.

Sometimes I wish to discuss Sikhi matters which may bring us back to our original lessons and hope my questions do not disturb orthodox persons much.

Surly the answer will be shared with you all when God wants it to reveal. I feel relaxed about it.

Balbir Singh