What's Up Canadian Sikhs?

Prem

Im very shoclked by all the incidents told by the People over her nd that i had only hear d abt the good things goin on in the NRI places ..In fact I stay in India and was planning to come down Over there and Get Inspired .Something Really needs to be Done to guide the Punjabi People and even So called Sikhs ...

Plzz people staying in UK and Canada and in ny other place guide thse people and let them know thier Punjabi and Sikhi Culture....I m a Sikh and every Punjabi in here in Mumbai gets so much respect for being a Punjabi...because they are known to be Good so dont let that reputation go away.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

everything heera singh said is ALL true .. the gangstas in rexdale, to scarborough .. in toronto where i was born and grew up for 15 yrs is reli bad as well .. and now its all over malton/brampton..

i would just like to add that the way i have been taught is .. adopt sikhi urself but also try to help others.. so i have many friends who are on the wrong track .. even gorai/kalai/muslims.. i chill wit them at times if the thinig we are doing is cool and wont wreck my image..

i play hockey wit most of them .. after we played hockey once i was dropping some peeps off .. they like 'yo singh lets go chill at wonderland for indian day .. we get u a nice girl too ..' (this was like a year ago. . so they didnt know me much aside from hockey soo..) .. normally before i wouldve just punked them off but i played it cool and be like no guys i dont do that stuff.. i dont see anything positive .. wat do u guys get out of it .. hahahaha then i reli started a good discussion .. like face it or not ..most guys all they think about is fame, having wit their boys, girls, money, sports and more girls!

but kirpa naal .. most of these same guys recently start to come out to gurdwara more offten .. do seva.. get others involved.. guru kirpa naal .> EVERYTHING takes time.. u just gotta think positively and keep trying ..

..applying sikhi to ourselves first is very important.. but also taking that little knowledge u have and helping those who RELI need it .. is the biggest seva anyone can do !

chardi kala ! pray.gif

Let's not forget about all the Punjabis living in California, USA as well. There are a lot of Punjabi gangsters living that state. I remember reading an article from sikhnet.com about how most indo-American gangsters in the bay area are Sikh Punjabi. So this gang problem also exists in America too.

dude... goin to ANY brown day at wonderland, ur jus ASKIN for beef.... don't matter if u jus doin ur own thing, these drunk punjabi guyz jus want ruckus..  and its WORSE if ur a gurl... all the indian guyz get drunk and like stalk them... there's been several rapes in the parking lots on indian dayz as well.... i's very unsafe for gurlz ...

158262[/snapback]

no.gif reeeaaallly sad 2 hear stuff like that is going on...

are guns legal in canada?? that could have something 2 do with the gun crime Prem speaks of. Even here in the Uk we are beginning 2 c an increase in gun crime its reeeaaly worrying, i know of a couple of sikh guys who carry guns with them... whyyyy???!?! grin.gif i don't understand it, but hey atleast i can say i haven't heard anything abt rapes goin on.... so on a "brown" day, the rapes u speak of Heera Ji, they are raping their own "sisters" no.gif

im realy shocked by this, i'v never been 2 canada myself, but i'v been told by many other people thet have been the punjabis over there are really backward, like the kids are sssoooo weelll behaved and deeply religious... i guess that ony goes 4 a few people then.

158466[/snapback]

Most Punjabis living in Canada are backward and have the "pindu" mentality, but you will not find too many religious Punjabis in Canada though.

although u guyz are hearing bout all this nonsense in Canada, the reality is, its everywhere... whether its punjabis... chinese.. blacks.. whites.. etc... i's everywhere... one think I would say, is that the SANGAT (positive) in Canada is absolutely amazing... and on top of that there IS a LOT of chardi kalaa gursikhs in Canada as well; mostly in Vancouver and Toronto... even in the smaller cities such as calgary, winnipeg, ottawa, there's plenty of amazing gursikhs around... u guyz would be amazed how many singhs/singhnee's have turned to Sikhi after being on the 'other side'... even after statin these negatives about punjabi's in canada, i still wouldn't live anywhere else in the world... because the sangat we got down here is absolutely AMAZING!!

CHARDI KALAA!!!

VAHEGURUUUUUU

yes i agree with heera singh

it is no coincidence that canada has so many gurmat schools, gurmat stores, and gurdwaras

with guru ji's kirpa many many great gursikhs have come to this land over the last 110 years... so many sants, bhagats, keertanis, kathavachaks, gyanis, jathedars, and gatka masters

canada's sikh community was built from shaheedi of the komagata maru sikhs and shaheed bhai mewa singh ji

and many manmukhs have become gursikhs with the blessings of guru ji in this land

there have been so many amrit sanchaars here and so many kharkoos and defenders of the faith live here in canada

it is unfortunate what has happened with so many of the youth. it is really horrible that more than 100 youth from punjabi families with sikh roots have died in gang violence in just bc alone. that is not something to ignore. that is a very significant statistic.

i do think it is because many of those youth were not exposed to any of these sangats, smagams, gurmat schools, etc. i do think it is because many of these gurdwara leaders have not reached out to youth who don't go to the gurdwara, or don't know about sikhi. and it's been 8 years since the tables/chairs thing and many "moderate" kids just stopped going to the gurdwara altogether , and eventually got into wrong things.

i do think it's important for the sikh youth who are blessed with sangat to reach out to other kids and help them.

the helpline idea that heera singh had is a wicked idea. the q&a forum on bc sikh youth will be a good thin hopepfully. the VIRSA sikh alliance anti-drug programs are hopefully working. its a start ...