Music

mushabooom

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how about you try to imagine gursikhs like bhai jeevan singh listening to radiohead.

yeh. not really happening.

159515[/snapback]

grin.gif if you put it that way....so true LOL.gif

haha...

my conclusion:

me= major paapi rolleyes.gif

Rab Kirpa Karan rolleyes.gif

Also, for people that cannot stop listning to rap and other inappropriate music, it may be hard to stop, but think of yourself and your lives and what your doing and what the outcome of it might be. Listning to no rap, bhangra, etc doesn't mean you cannot listen to music. Various jatha mixes nowadays have a hip hop feel to them (beats, etc), plus the messages are very interesting, so in order to stop, we must listen to less rap, for people that listen to rap, maybe starts slowly cutting down, listen to jatha mixes and other music in between, then slowly pay more attention somewhere else rather then rap.

Some people are just "used" to rap, and thus cannot stop, but trying and slowly moving away from it will help you stop listning to it.

how about you try to imagine gursikhs like bhai jeevan singh listening to radiohead.

yeh. not really happening.

159515[/snapback]

I could imagine it. Its not that far fetched of an idea.

159556[/snapback]

what is the crap?? do u even have any idea who bhai jeevan singh ji is??? Its a maha insult and maha pap to suggest that.

Guest lowest of the low singhni

*shrug*

our friend clearly has an extremely active imagination.

grin.gif probably not met bhai jeevan singh ji though.

rolleyes.gif

Vaheguroo ji ka Khalsa, Vaheguroo ji kee Fateh

Thriyaa raag sunehi chith laae || sunahu laal so jamapur jaae ||17||

Those who listen to dirty lyrics and lustful tunes with attention, listen Nand Lal Jee, they will be punished by the angel of death.;

Rehatnama Bhai Nand Laal Jee

maerae mohan sravanee eih n sunaaeae ||

saakath geeth naadh dhhun gaavath bolath bol ajaaeae ||1|| rehaao ||

O my fascinating Lord, may I never listen to the faithless cynic, singing his songs and tunes, and chanting his useless words. ||1||Pause||

Guru Arjan Dev Sahib Ji

At the end of the day its all about how our minds will get affected by the lyrics we listen to. I mean think about it, when we do listen to songs or kirtan even after listening to it you sometimes start singing it again without even knowing.

so I guess we kind of have the choice of whether we want to be thinking of bani or whether we want "useless words" in our mind and on our tongues.

Everything we do, it should be aimed towards our one aim in life, meeting with Akaal purkh. And songs won't benefit us...

Avaar kaaj taereh kitheh na kaam ||

Nothing else will work

Mil saadhsangat bhaj kaeval naam||1||

Join the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy; vibrate and meditate on the Jewel of the Naam. ||1||

So really we should be remembering Guru Ji 24- 7. blush.gif

Soee bidhhaathaa khin khin japeeai ||

Each and every instant, meditate on that Creator Lord

And to help us there are so many kirtan styles nowadays not only Akj but also; Dodra, raag etc. So take ur pick I suppose... rolleyes.gif

Vaheguroo ji ka Khalsa, Vaheguroo ji kee Fateh.

Guest Lohgarh Singh

wjkk wjkf

u know dis is exactly the reason y sm youths dnt wana cm closer 2 sikhi cz of ppl sayin u cant listen 2 music etc etc

n call ova sikhs fanatics

u know dis is exactly the reason y sm youths dnt wana cm closer 2 sikhi cz of ppl sayin u cant listen 2 music etc etc

n call ova sikhs fanatics

I didn't realise that not listening to a song that drops a swear word every 30 seconds, degrades a woman's place in soceity, and talks of sex and nothing else meaningful made you "an extreme Sikh".

No one's saying don't listen to music. Not listening to dirty music however is the same as saying don't endulge yourself in dirty activities that carry no meaning and degrade you as a person. I think this is a correct way of life for any person, regardless of whether they're even Sikh or not.

I love music, almost every form of it - classical, Hindi, bhangra etc etc, even rap music with meaningful lyrics. But when there is excessive swearing or general DIRT, then I don't like it anymore! no.gif

Music is a knowledge and something that I believe should be used with some respect as a form of expression.