Facial Hair & Pants

Guest * bhainay

Guest * bhainay

Wahayyguru jee ka khalsa, Wahayyguru jee kee fateh.

for the bhainay's out there. When you were/are in school, during the summer do people come up to you (girls especially) constantly and ask why you wear pants all the time?What should i say?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lowest of the low singhni

i guess the main reason is modesty - not showing our bodies to the whole world... the same way we keep our kes covered, it's respectful to Guru Ji.

if you tell them you're uncomfortable with wearing skirts/showing your legs, they shouldn't be too confused.

~l~

waheguru ji kakhalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

i agree with Singhni above, i wore pants even before i took amrit(didnt wear dastar thn). It was really werid for my friends to understand that, but hey thats us for them :wub:

My sister wore shorts, while i didn't ..so it was kind of hard first to tell them why i didnt do that!

tell them...thats just you (yes there are usually talks ....u'll hear some gals talkin about u etc etc...but enjoy ur self. u'll reflect on it and be like wow! i can;t belive i thought that was such a big problem. i didnt care what they thought...)

later on what also helped me was that i knew some "gori" gals who wore black or white pants during gym all year long jus cuz/no real reason.

jus be free and be your self!

Guest Guest

penji jus tell em u dont like wearin skirts or shorts...its up to u wha u wanna wear or not wear....lotsa goriya wear pants even in summa....if they dont wanna undastand then thaz their problem....jus dont pay much attention to these kinda comments....u'll jus get stressed out if u keep thinkin bout these kinda lil things...compared to otha bigga issues this is jus nothin...it may seem like it at the moment but it really isnt...so penji jus chill...dont worry bout it....haaakonnaa matataaaa :wub:

hehe, above posts are good, jus tell em you ain't cumfy wit wearin shorts, ppl will talk behind your back, but i mean whether you give in to what they want you to do or not, they'll talk anyway, so follow your heart and do what you feel hunna.

they'll ask 'how come you dun wear shorts or skirts?' and to that give any of the replies that the bhenjis listed above, and they shud stop asking

hehe i member we went shoppin at the mall, and the sales rep at a store said 'we have panties and thongs for buy one get one free' and we all look at eachother n one of em nudges me n says 'tell em you dun wear it to see her reaction' (to explain kachera afterwards to her) hehe ...craji kids rolleyes.gif

but i mean if they keep askin you for 'reasons' then feel free to tell em you don't for religious reasons as well as comfort

Guest Guest

good posts above: to add on,

wear salvaar Kameez and they wont even question you. I was once scared of wearing salvaar kameez in public be it school or grocery store, but tried it and one gori comes up to us and says we look good with our dress and dastaar :wub:

if its summer, a suit will keep you from the heat and way better than those skirts and stuff. NOT THE suits where "lathaa" are seen through the salvaars... you know what i mean.

• 4 weeks later...

Fateh

my friends are always sayin.....wear kapris tmrw or wear a skirt.....but ima just like i wear wat i want to and wat i feel comfortable in......they sumtimes dun understand but das their problem....dun get pressured by wat people say......i dun even wear dat many girly clothes.....track pants,sweatshirt :lol: ......cuz das just wat i feel comfy in......so tell ur friends to back off penji.....why do we need to show off our body tro da world??....no offence or anything yo.....and iam alwayz wearin a suit.....at home wen i come back from skool,to da store...i never notice and evryone just duzint really care.....we're sikh women and suits are wat we wear....(also banas for some)...and so just be free and wear wat u want.....dun worry buot others.......think bout wat guru ji would want ya to wear....obviously cover ur body....no offence...bhul chuk muaf!!

Fateh

wjkk wjkf

hey panji, i no sumtimes it can be really hard making such decisions but in the end, what really matters is what guru sahib says, not what your friends think is cool. i always have people pressuring me about such things too but tell them about bhai mati das, bhai sati das, panj piare, char sahibzadey and say tht if they went therough all tht and never complained once, then why should i. say i am a sikh and thts wht im going to remain. bhul chuk maaf,

wjkk wjkf :TH:

GurFateh jio

well well..

it doesnt really have to be a sticky situation..

i just say.. "i dont like skirts."

and when they ask "so dont you ever get hot?"

i say "i wear different material in the summer and different in the winter. so no..its all good."

no one should make such a big deal out of it

if they continue....just be like....its my body..whats it to you??

all cool i guess

peace...

GurFateh