Attention East London & Essex Sikhs!

Time4Change

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: AHHHHHH! The Guru Arjan Dev Ji Saheedi tournament, that takes me back.......what a joke!

Bunch of jokers committee members, about 50 Singhs and Singhnis went down to talk the committee out of spending the Gurdwara funds on this.....and then there were petitions outside the Gurdwara.......and than the promises by the committee that they would have no bhangra, giddha and booze....

but hey....they did one better... they called some belly dancers down!!!

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH! Need to Calm down!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Hear this - management have already finalised reconstruction plans to demolish the Sangoshah Youth Centre(gym). They have been approved by council building regulations.

plans show two floors for car parking and floor for tea and wedding milnee hall.

this management previously created all historic conflicts with gym youth to inniciate trouble.

i.e. Propaganda in sangat (failing) using thuggery (failing) call in police with bullit proof jackets (failing)

so how can you expect them to show compassion for gym with their sentiments.

the gym has proved priceless as it is one of the only things which brings in youth into the Gurdwara.

Youth have adopted sikhi - have started keeping their hair\turbans\patkas - some have taken amrit - above all unity among youth has been established.

Currently there are three days of boys training and two days for girls training. These classes consist of weight lifting,cardio vacular/aerobics and martial arts & Sundays is gatka training Baba Fateh Singh Gatka Akara. If there is no gym chances are there will also be no space where the gatka classes can be held at the Gurdwara and this is one of the main things which start pulling youth into Sikhi.

To think that we also used to have simran and sikhi workshops running (stopped by these masand)

they also restrict youth kirtan and and rainsbhai programs.

Final appeal make your membership by this sunday 6pm and have a say in the future of sikhi and gurdwara management.

From 3pm tp 6pm saturday and sunday you can become a member by - being over 18 take one passport size photo and take five minutes and take your passport with you. Your mothers sisters brothers and friends are all welcome.

please please support your guru ji and this noble cause.

further details contact 07886498687

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

OMG! After reading that news article clip I needed to catch my breath and say "WAHEGURU" a few times! Rab Bhalla Kare, Bhalla Kare!

It said in the news clip: "The annual event is held to commemorate the martyrdom of Guru Arjan Dev Ji..." and then I looked at the photographs which include these ladies which seem to have forgotten to wear their clothes and a young man randomly standing with them (looks like he is dancing with them). Waheguru.

Sachee, I've just had breakfast and felt queasy and sick reading that line in the newsclip and then looking at the photos. In the media world their is a phrase that "A photo speaks a thousand words". WHAT IMPRESSION is this giving to non-Sikhs of how we celebrate Guru Sahib's SHAHEEDI... what next? (Don't want to think about it! Wahegurooo).

I am not pro-Bhangra/Giddha in Nagar Kirtans or religious programmes but I got to say I would rather look at some people dressed in Kurte, wearing bright pink paghs, and a tambaa wrapped around them or watch some Auntian doing Giddha and clapping their hands rather than watching seeing semi-nude women which is embarrassing to look at.

If they can afford doing a Kabbadi Tournament, I am sure they can afford to pay these poor ladies to wear some clothes and look respectable rather than show off their bellies to the Sangat. Sat Naam, Waheguru.

Rab Rakha, Sabhnaa Ka Rakha.

u still have 45 minutes!! still enough time to get some forms filled in! the more votes we can get the better.

i jus got back from gurdwara and got quite a few people to fill in the forms and mannnnnn they are so rude i wanted 2 slap em...buttttttt with guru ji's kirpa they'll be gone soon!

those fakes are going dowwwwwnnnnn! :lol: v1.gifv2.gifwar.gif