Jhatka Meat

open to debate, no straightforward answer.

none of us on this board can put forward proof to completely go agains the other.

quotes go either way depends on interpretation.

I could just as easily say no!

I think this topic is not allowed, maybe do a search for this instead as it has been debated before with solid proof both ways that jhatka is or is not allowed.

Of course the other type is a no no.

Well

there is a huge and to me a meaningless debate going on can we eat meat or not..

the reason why i believe it is meaningless is cause ultimately I am answer able to god for my actions not for yours not for my father mother wife or child..our job as sikhs is to build bridges and spread the love of baba nanak..not to build walls..oh tusee meat chakde ho..tuse sikh nai..thawda amrit pavatiar nahi..i dont bother with such people i just say fateh and go my way..

this is what i was told by my panj..

if you eat meat..

make sure it is not kutha..now by kutha we mean..any food prepared for any sort of ritual or sacrifice..so halal ..kohser etc..is all not permissable..

so how u kill the animal is not important..cause lot of hindus do the one short kill as a sacrifice to the goddess durga..it happens in nepal..chinese feed food to their dead and then go distributing it..that is a ritual as well..

however, we know the kinds of problems and illnesses spreading around due to consumption of meat..so its for our own benefit to avoid it..

please for give me for any mistakes i have made..

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

this is on page 723 of guru granth saab

TILANG, FIFTH MEHL, FIRST HOUSE:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:

The Lord infused His Light into the dust, and created the world, the universe. The sky, the earth, the trees, and the water - all are the Creation of the Lord. || 1 || O human being, whatever you can see with your eyes, shall perish. The world eats dead carcasses, living by neglect and greed. || Pause || Like a goblin, or a beast, they kill and eat the forbidden carcasses of meat. So control your urges, or else you will be seized by the Lord, and thrown into the tortures of hell. || 2 || Your benefactors, presents, companions, courts, lands and homes - when Azraa-eel, the Messenger of Death seizes you, what good will these be to you then? || 3 || The Pure Lord God knows your condition. O Nanak, recite your prayer to the holy people. || 4 || 1 ||

Jhatka concept is only to satisfy your tastes of your tongue...

why r people so agianst this meat issue being discussed???

i'm not trying to cause a conflict of any sort, its just i would like to get the views of other young sikh/singhs worldwide on this issue.

i personally feel that if sikhs/singhs don't have one voice on this issue than the community than we will be divided 4 ever.

Sikhsoldier, the reason many Sikhs are hesitant on discussing the meat issue is because Gurbani clearly tells us that people who argue about meat being a taboo or not are 'moorakh' -

'Maas Maas kar Moorakh Chagrey'

That is why Sikhs are hesitant to dsicuss it. Another reason is because it's bene discussed many times, and has thus become a forbidden topic, since it's discussed over and over, without any solution, since this is a decision for Panth to make, not some gooners like me on forums...

Bhull Chukk maaf