Sangat Ji....i Need Your Help!

chandanjit kaur

WJKK WJKF

guys i need help.....i dunno wat to do......since my "family" aint into sikhi and stuff they're alwayz wanting me to go to parites and stuff....and i dun wanna go.....and even wen we're in the car....i alwayz wanna listen to keertan cd's and stuff....they alwayz turn on loud bhangra music or these stupid hindi songs....they say u listen to ur keertan and let us listen to our music....bla bla bla.....its so bloody annoyin.....i cant take it....and then its just....omg.....i cant help it.......what do i do?.....and ima not gettin an ipod till june.....cant wait till then....but i hate this.....can anyone help me out....and also how can i really focus on naam simran?....wen no one is lettin me???.....then i haev these two very annoying younger siblings.....they're alwayz screaming around....waheguru!!!!....pleez reply bak sangat ji.....i would really like sume advice!thank you so much! guru sahib blesss you all!!!BHUL CHUK MUAF!!!

WJKK WJKF

Vahegurujeekakhalsa,Vahegurujeekeefateh

Everyday from the minute we wake up to the minute we go to bed gurujee is testing us. My opinion is that we have to learn to see god in everyone and understand that all of god's creations are on a different step on the staircase to gurujee. When your family is listening to bhangara in the car, say vaheguru in your head, absorb it. Just learn to adapt :lol: I know its easier said than done. Ive been in your position before to bhainjee. This is also hukhaam, we have to learn to live by the order of the lord's hukham. When one is truely absorbed into naam simran, one will not hear the noise of the outside world. Just my two cents, which arnt very useful.

All the best bhainjee

Bull chaaak maaph Karnee jeee

Vahegurujeekakhalsa, Vahegurujeekeeefateh

guys i need help.....i dunno wat to do......since my "family" aint into sikhi and stuff they're alwayz wanting me to go to parites and stuff....and i dun wanna go.

^^

what ever ya do DONT goto parties......it'll strengthen the 5 demons and u'll prepare for a BIG fall in your sikhi...you'll also be doing beadbi of ur sikhi saroop...so what ever ya do dont go ..thats a humble benti!!!

Your other problems will be repaired when u are preforming lots of simran.

and also how can i really focus on naam simran?....wen no one is lettin me???.....

^^

this is why vaheguru ji made amrit vela...at that time all manmukhs are sleeping while the true saints of the guru get up - bathe - and do simran. Now take this bit of advice it'll help u.....u gotta focus on the shabad 100% u gotta cut down ur furnai - each time u get thoughts during simran ur not gonna get "phaal" for that bit of simran ...as ur doing kaal di pooja. u gotta put 100% dhaan into the simran..make sure u get up at amritvela and jaap naam as u can bank up alot of naam into ur savings so ur day will run alot better. A major factor make sure ya doing sangat too!!! and do ardaas to bless ur family with sikhi.

Bhenji ..

i see from your screen name information that your from brampton .. near toronto .. there is CRAAAAZY sangat here and things happeneing like EVERY WEEK !

I suggest how your parents/family are bringing you to parties and forcing you to go there.. make deals be like ok if i go .. you come with me .. but you have to be the strong one and dont give in the pressure of parties and non-sikhi issues.. bring them to kirtan darbars.. simran programs.. sikhi vichaaars at gurughars ..

Every tuesday/friday there is simran at dixie .. every friday evening there is gurmat class for all ages in ENGLISH at dixie .. every saturday/sunday there is sangat kirtan programs,akj programs .. every weekend their are gatka lessons been taught at different gurdwaras and academies.. every university has their own SSA that does a variety of events.. most of this and more information is available on www.ontariosikhyouth.ca, www.sikhstudents.ca. Stay in contact with possible sangat.

As far as parties go .. try to get out of them .. if you cant .. if your young their is not much you can do but try to get on the good side of your parents and explain to them that you want to get only the positive stuff out of life and not the bad. The rest is upto you .. and if guru ji does his kirpa :lol: ..

PM myself if you need more information on any local events coming up or anything :@

Ottawa Youth Kirtan Darbar on the 13th .. bus leavining DIXIE around 11AM .. do try to come out ! :wub:

daas,

Wjkk wjkf

Don't boycott the social events of your families or relatives. Go if your mind tells you "It's cool.. it ain't gonna have effect on my spiritual life." If you really do not like going then don't force yourself to go and give humble excuse to your family and stuff. Sikhi doesn't say that you can't socialize with your friends and relatives. Regarding music in car, don't worry.. just go with the flow.. if majority of your family likes to listen to punjabi music then let them hear.. You can keep your mind away or have the mini disc player or ur future ipod with yourself to listen to the keertan music.

I agree that there are clashes such like above with the families and even relatives but there are many way to win the situation but it requires humble heart and calmness to do it. One can take 15 min ride with punjabi music but look at the positive side.. you still have whole day and night with yourself to listen to the keertan.

As Jaspaul said.. Go with the local programs where youth get together and have some sikhi fun ! Sometime sangat helps !

Chardi Kala :lol:

Fateh

ok so......today there was this keertan program and i g2 keertan classes and they hold keertan programs on saturdays......if anyone who goes there wants a program to be held at their hosue then they tell da uncle and aunty and da two panjiian who teach keertan....and so there was one at someone huse today....i told my mom yesterday that i goin....i was practisin da raag i was gonna do.....and all uv a sudden my mom out uv no where says you no goin you goin to da weddin today.......i was so hurt....last nite it was so weird...while i was crying my heart just felt a weird pain and i just kept begging guru sahib to help me...how can i go through this?...my parents are like you have to go where da family goes....i agree.....but i was so lookin forward to da keertan program......i luv doin sangat.....its such a beautiful gift from guru sahib....yet no one takes me......das da bloody problem.......wat do i do.....pleeez sangat ji.....pleez give me advice...at least i can be more stronger somehow.....pleeez.....pleez....waheguru......blesss you all...bhul chuk muaf.

WJKK WJKF

hii...look i cant really understand your problem...because in order to fully understand u have to go through what you are going through....but the advice that i can give u is that....do simran...whenever u get the chance..sitting in a car...walking...i mean wherever....and u said u cant listen to kirtan in the car....then listen to it at home....trust me...if u keep this up your parents will change....and respect your beliefs....and about the kirtan...when i want something done from my parents...i keep nagging them...and it works...so maybe it might work for you as well...i hope i was of any little help

Fateh

ok so......today there was this keertan program and i g2 keertan classes and they hold keertan programs on saturdays......if anyone who goes there wants a program to be held at their hosue then they tell da uncle and aunty and da two panjiian who teach keertan....and so there was one at someone huse today....i told my mom yesterday that i goin....i was practisin da raag i was gonna do.....and all uv a sudden my mom out uv no where says you no goin you goin to da weddin today.......i was so hurt....last nite it was so weird...while i was crying my heart just felt a weird pain and i just kept begging guru sahib to help me...how can i go through this?...my parents are like you have to go where da family goes....i agree.....but i was so lookin forward to da keertan program......i luv doin sangat.....its such a beautiful gift from guru sahib....yet no one takes me......das da bloody problem.......wat do i do.....pleeez sangat ji.....pleez give me advice...at least i can be more stronger somehow.....pleeez.....pleez....waheguru......blesss you all...bhul chuk muaf.

WJKK WJKF

bhenjee,

gur fateh,

pta nahee meri pungrejee tuhanu samjh avegi jann nhee.parr benti hai ki first of all plz cool down.jekar mom aje tuhadi gall naheen samejh rahe tann koee gall naheen time aaiga tuhade mom aap vee kirtann hee suneaa karnge.te tuhanuu appkirtan smagams te lai ke jaia karnge KADOON ????

Jdoon guru sahib uhna nu sumat bakhshan ge. so tusee plz jidd nahee karnee jithe mom kehnde ne una nall jaroor jao parr TUSEEN UHNA NALL PARTIES WEDING WGERA WICH JAA KE VEE APNE APP NU USS SARE WARTARE (program) TON NIRLEP RAKHNA HAI. "GUR MERA SANG SDA HAI NALLE" SAMEJH KE JINI VEE BANI YADD HAI WAR WAR DUHRANDE REHNA HAI.KUJH DINA WICH HEE SABB THEEK HO JAWEGA.

GURU SAHEB TUHADI KOEE PRIKHIA LAI RAHE HAN SO PHIKAR NAHEEN KARNA CHARDI KALA WICH REHNA HAI GUR SAHIB BHUT JALDI KIRPA KARR DENGE.......................

GUR FATEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:@ @

took me a very loooong time to read and understand that last post in half enlish and punjabi ..

LOL.gif

but its good advice.. i think :lol:

tongue.gif

and bhenji .. we reli cant give you the advice you are looking for unless its something like someone elder to talk to your parents .. other than that we can only tell you to stay strong cuz first of all your reli young .. and listening to your parents is an asset.. but sometimes it can be very hard..

do as much simran as you can bhenji !

chardi kala !