Arranged Marriages Vs. Love Marriages

canadian_sikh

I honestly can not see how love marriages can work if you wish to progress with Sikhi.

The important things is life should be Nam Japna, Vand Chakna, Kirat Karnee. Why worry about things like marriage?

Do you not think Maharaj will sort it out for you...? The same Akal Purakh Vaheguru who has given you life, given you a family, given you a house and food to eat. He's looked after you your whole life, why would it be any different for marriage... have some faith!

We should be concentrating on remembering Vaheguru all the time. How can that happen when everytime you go Gurdwara/ college/ uni/ work you are (deliberately or not) looking out for a future partner? Let it happen the way it should be, arranged...

pray.gif

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly can not see how love marriages can work if you wish to progress with Sikhi.

The important things is life should be Nam Japna, Vand Chakna, Kirat Karnee. Why worry about things like marriage?

Do you not think Maharaj will sort it out for you...? The same Akal Purakh Vaheguru who has given you life, given you a family, given you a house and food to eat. He's looked after you your whole life, why would it be any different for marriage... have some faith!

We should be concentrating on remembering Vaheguru all the time. How can that happen when everytime you go Gurdwara/ college/ uni/ work you are (deliberately or not) looking out for a future partner? Let it happen the way it should be, arranged...

pray.gif

Well Tera ji, i don't really think you can speak for everyone on this issue, despite your honest efforts. The thing is, what if you don't have your family anymore? what if you are new to the sikh community? What if you are from different background/race? What if you don't know anyone else in the sangat? these things - is on reason why some ppl look for love relationships.

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

yeah i understand bindy's point. but i noe we're supposed to strive to live lives like great sikhs in history (baba deep singh ji, etc...) even thoi we can never come close, when u aim really high u end up atleast high (with Gurujis kirpa) but i've always wondered how ppl who com into sikhi from another race find their partners, i think that if sum 1 in that situation finds someone else that has the same beliefs and they think that they might be the one, then mayb its ok for them to say "listen, i think you wud b a good partner for me and i dont wana date or anything but i noe what type of a person u are and i was wondering if u think i wud b good for u too" actually mayb u shud get ur rents to approach the other persons rents...inthe end this is just my manmat, if u want real answers, visit a brahm giani, if u dont know any, go to the gurdwara and say u wana talk with one (since they usually stay at some pyare's house) and they'll tell u wen one is coming and u can get family contact info and what not. even after the baba ji is finished doing katha/kirtan/etc. u can follow them and wen u see what family they're going home with, u cna approach them and say u wanna talk to them and if u can set up a time to see them (in private?), mayb u have a pun friend who can translate for u (if the baba ji don speak pun) or maybe the family can help in that...either way i think its better to ask a pooray brahm gianee about this....... :TH:

listen.......its weaaaaaaallllllllly simple .......vaheguru will find you your husband/wife vaheguru will give your house/car/job blabla bla...ppl STOP worrying......follow the main haukam and japp naam. Heres food for thought - you could die before you get married so dont wry about it :lol:

listen.......its weaaaaaaallllllllly simple .......vaheguru will find you your husband/wife vaheguru will give your house/car/job blabla bla...ppl STOP worrying......follow the main haukam and japp naam. Heres food for thought - you could die before you get married so dont wry about it :@

Fateh

LOL.....dat works.... :TH: ........ :lol:

LOL.gif .....sorry jus found it kinda funy

Fateh