Arranged Marriages Vs. Love Marriages

canadian_sikh

parents said to get married and i did, leaving the true love behind and 20 years i still miss her,

i'm with my wife cos i'm like marriage is for life, dont get me wrong i do not miss treat her inn any way, i have provided every thing she wants.

but i wish i had made my own choice...

she never had any intreast in me, she's puting up with me and vice verser.

but now a days its like a sister relation.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marriage is a Gamble, whether it is a Love relationship or Arranged. Neither are full proof nor is one better then the other. The X factor is not what type of a marriage it is, but 3 things, Trust, Respect and Friendship. Love is a byproduct of all 3 or you can say Vice-versa.

hmm u confusing it up now. Sikhi does not say anything about arranged/love marriage. It shouldn't really mater who you marry..

that's true... one style and concept does not neccesarily fit all. I will probably get into a 'love" relationchip than a planned relationship. i don't see myself meeting someone and then being with them for the rest of my life that quickly.

same here, i couldnt see myself wiv someone that mom n dad had introduced me 2....dont get me wrong, its not like i want some "whirlwind romance" lol, but id like 2 make my own choice n marry someone that i have known 4 a long time with, grown up with...

The X factor is not what type of a marriage it is, but 3 things, Trust, Respect and Friendship. Love is a byproduct of all 3 or you can say Vice-versa.

ohmy.gif v v true

The above post is the kinda post i was expecting... its all been written.. who we are suppose to marry...

so it can be either love or arrange.. no big deal.. at the end of the day guruji has already destine how we are suppose to meet our spouse..

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Love marriages mean seeing someone of the opposite sex (before marriage) as something other than your father/mother, brother/sister or son/daughter. This is totally against what Guru Sahib has taught us.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

so bascially ppl that say love marriage is ok...are gonna go round looking for wifes? ...shucks now i knw why so many singhs like to go out on "pull" ....more time for girls or "sisters" not enough time for naam?

:lol: ....lol....das wat i was thinkin......but like da other post sed....its up to guru ji....he luvs us and he knows wats best for us.....but like ima still young, buddy.....this marraige stuff is confusing wacko.gif ...hehe...bhul chuk muaf....

FATEH

so bascially ppl that say love marriage is ok...are gonna go round looking for wifes? ...shucks now i knw why so many singhs like to go out on "pull" ....more time for girls or "sisters" not enough time for naam?

:lol: ....lol....das wat i was thinkin......but like da other post sed....its up to guru ji....he luvs us and he knows wats best for us.....but like ima still young, buddy.....this marraige stuff is confusing wacko.gif ...hehe...bhul chuk muaf....

FATEH

Ofcourse it's up to Guru Sahib. But it's a common excuse most people hide under. They use the logic that it's up to Guru Sahib to justify love marriages, but then at the same time they also forget the hukam that the same Guru Sahib they are talking about has given:

"Men should look at the opposite sex as mothers, sisters and daughters, (women should look at the opposite sex as fathers, brothers and sons)."

(//. 29, Pauri 11, Bhai Gurdas ji)