Golak?

also..some people give money to guruji with an "ichha" in their minds too... not that they expect that by givin 25 cents that guruji will fulfill it, but some people say something like

guruji, i have exams this week, here is my offering to you, i'm sorry it is so little, please give me the strength to get through it and keep me by your side.

that happens as well.... that's sometimes a reason WHY peole put money in the golak..... but yes, ultimately, the money in the golak is used FOR the reason that mann kaum veerji said

when you go to see the owner of all of creation, it's only your love that you can "offer". Everything, including you, are owned by him.

never put money in the golak with the thought you are "donating" or "giving" something to Guru Granth sahib ji.That will defeat the whole purpose.

maan kaum layee kurban said it nicely though, the golak money is what keeps the finances of the gurdwara going.

agree with the above.

its our offering to the Eternal Guru Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

it is also used to build wedding halls and clubs where meat and alcohol can be served openly.

sorry to put a negative stance in this. but it is the reality. the money is used mostly for manmat purposes. not for the right reasons.

the money should go to help our children, the poor and elderly. instead we build party halls.

we dont use the money to tackle real issues such as extremist groups targetting our girls, or fake cults set up to dilute the Sikh way of life. we dont use the money to educate our kids.

sorry if i spoke out of turn.

Could you also say its become a habit for some people with little or no religious significance? Is it a requirement to always put money in the Golak? Can something else like food be given instead to Guru Ji and in that way the money wont be avaiable to go creating these halls where meat etc is served?

Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakal!

Dear All!

God surprises us often with His invisible help. We feel in situations HE has helped us without giving HIS clear Darshan.

Human beings are God's reflections, His acts. God' Will inspires us. We behave accordingly.

We learn to give in Guru's Ghar. Indirectly we learn to get rid of our possessive behavior.

God manages many good things with the collective Golak, also in our absence. It is just like God manages the whole universe, also in HIS absence.

Sometimes a lucky person comes to recognize His indulgence and presence also.

Can someone imagine God's Golak? From there the universe is getting its feed.

Balbir Singh

There was no golak in the old times. In puratan times. Sikhs brought their daswand monthly or wheever they came to see Guru Ji in person. Then when GuruGuddi was passed on to Guru Granth and Guru Panth, Sikhs usually brought the money at the end of the month or whenever they went to the local Gurudwara. After that Sikhs were in jungles. Mahants were there. They brought in these new processes under the order of british to take the Sikhs away from reality. I might be off but the real truth is similar to this. If I am wrong, then maaf karo and correct the mistake.