modern technology and sikhi

Gupt daasan daas

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

i saw this topic on another forum. It was about do u think if a singh and singhnie cant have kid, should they do stuff like fertilizing the egg. NO! u cant! Thats my opinion. Are u god! no! we have no right over life, if a singh and singhnie cant have a kid they were not meant to. We cant clone either.

BHULL CHUKK MAFF

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

err taking Fertility drugs to produce children is a Personal Decision one has to make...for the child becomes their responsibilty not the Religions.

How do you know the child that the woman will carry will not be another Sant wanting to spread the message of God. What if that child is another Nanak?? Giving birth to a child give another chance to a soul to meet with waheguru and do Bhagti.

Next time you have a headache don't take medicine. God meant for you to have a headache. It is no different than taking Fertility drugs. The Headache gives you physical discomfort, Not being able to have children gives you Mental Discomfort.

Sorry for the Sarcasm....no pun intended.

It is alot easier for a Man to say that to a Woman, but from what my mother tells me, A woman's life isn't complete until she has a child. The desire for a Child is very strong in every Woman.

Waheguru.

Guest Dilkaraja

Pheena....not every woman wants a child. Yes most women do but it just depends on the situation. I think women should use any medical treatment needed to give birth long has it does not cause any chronic discomfort.

What if that child is another Nanak??

Pheena,

I don't want to comment on the actual topic,

But that quote is one of the most irresponsible and faithless things I've ever heard any "Sikh" say.

How could there be another Guru Nanak Sahib Jee?

Anyone who has proper and real faith in the greatness of our great Guru will never dare to say that there could be "another".

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

i agree that the wording was innapropriate, but i think phena ment to say another bhagat. But there cant be another guru nanak sahib je. And i think u should next time refer to them as guru nanak sahib je maharaj, not nanak.

:)^_^

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

I agreed with Pheena's post until she got to Guru Nanak Dev ji's part (kinda got carried away! :) )

I don't think a gursikh should use technology to have kids, it all depends on your level of spirituality, that if you really really want that child, you'll cherish it more than guru sahib's hukam, and most importantly 'Naam', and you'll have an attachment with it, also depends on your comfort zone, and if you're comfortable without a kid, and how much faith you have in Guru Sahib, and if you do ardaas, never give up then maybe one day Guru Sahib will bless you with a child, if it wasn't meant to be, then you should just take it as GURPARSAD.

Pheena brought up some valid points, the tylenol example is weak, because this is not about mere headaches, its about a life. And who knows what the kid will turn into, maybe he/she will be a mass murderer, and commit atrocities on people. Its all in Waheguru ji's hands, if its in his order then you will have a kid, and he/she will live a good or bad life..

My two cents!

Guest balwinderkaur
Pheena....not every woman wants a child.

very true. well said dilkaraja. children can be a real pain in the neck and a hindrance to one's personal career fulfillment and spiritual fulfillment. Plus they use up soo much money :(tongue.gif:) Well okay lets get back to topic....hmm well i think its a couples personal choice if they wanna employ technological advances in getting a child. I see nothing wrong with that.

Sat Sri Akal:

And why are we being asked this question? Ask Guru Sahib. Do ardaas and take a hukamnama. Whatever is revealed, follow it...

Agree with veerji

... it's all guru's hukam..... if you're meant to have a child you will. If not, then no....

Guru ji hsa the answer to that.... exactly as virji said... do ardas and take hukamnama, guru ji WILL answer. ^_^

bhul chuk di khima

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh