Kirpan And Aeroplane

pritam singh... just so you know...you're not a pioneer.

this forum has been alive since june of 2003 if not ealrier!....

you've shown up in the past 7 days and bring up stuff, and then you wonder why people get a lil bit hurt when it ends up in "fireworks" as you call it.

It's cuz we've seen ALL this before...there's SOOO much that's been discussed that's ended up in argument, and we're actually ALOT closer as a unit now than before because we all know where each other stands on a whole lot of issues.....

i just want you to understand what the situation is....

Or saying"Peace and love man" When the Khalsa was fighting in war were they just saying "lets just get along brothers."

your analogy is nice..nice to see you think you're in battle with us.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

I thought I was the first to post on this site.

I thought I was special and the only.

I am on the same side.

If their was an invasion of something against Sikhi we would suck it up and forget all this and would be fighting like blood brothers. This is what happens on the off season.It happens in the army etc.

It's cuz we've seen ALL this before...there's SOOO much that's been discussed that's ended up in argument, and we're actually ALOT closer as a unit now than before because we all know where each other stands on a whole lot of issues....

lol.. remember japmans when i first showed up on the scene as "khalsa_starr" a while ago? and i was doing the exact same thing?? XD XD XD LOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gif

anyways... i don't trust newbs very much, i guess you can see why... wacko.gif

Why doesnt someone open a new post about what we are debating. I dont wan to because people will gang up with mob mentality and start attaking like viscous wolves.

Guest Narinder Singh

First off, i have no problem with any place of worship, and yes MAX, it takes a person who is truly firm in their belief to visit a place of worship other than their own, (and thats probably why i havent, except for visiting a Bahai temple) I find no problem with a Sikh visiting a Mandir, Masjid, Church and so on, but i dont understand why a Sikh would take part in their services, prayers or rituals when he or she has taken a solemn oath not to perform the practices of any other religion, that is all im saying

so cleaning floors and wiping walls is a now a forbidan practice? That is what i was doing, but i don't actually worship with them or do some of their religious practices...

Did i say cleaning was a forbidden practice? Sikhs used to build Mandirs and Masjid for Hindus and Muslims back in the day, and also protect them during an attack, u know what im talking about, notice how i said the prayer services and rituals, seva is seva, no matter where u go.

"The Khalsa meditates on the Ever-radiant Light, day and night, and rejects all else but the one Lord from the mind. He decorates himself with perfect love and faith, and believes not in fasts, tombs, crematoriums and hermit cells, even by mistake." - Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj

First off, i have no problem with any place of worship, and yes MAX, it takes a person who is truly firm in their belief to visit a place of worship other than their own, (and thats probably why i havent, except for visiting a Bahai temple) I find no problem with a Sikh visiting a Mandir, Masjid, Church and so on, but i dont understand why a Sikh would take part in their services, prayers or rituals when he or she has taken a solemn oath not to perform the practices of any other religion, that is all im saying.

I know of a few Brahmins who visit our gurdwara every now and then, they listen to the kirtan and katha, but never bow in front of Guru Sahib. That is what i respect, not someone who bows in front of teachings that are completely different than theirs.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

"Not even by mistake" refers to the people who choose to whollop in a nice dose of deity pooja after their Ardas as has been known in some Gurudwaras. This is where the "solemn oath", as you called it, is tastelessly and ignorantly broken.

When one consciously understands what his/her actions do and do not mean when enterting the place of worship of an existing place, this is not a "mistake", but a sign of respect whilst never forgetting one's own beliefs. What is it to ring a bell? As long as I do not believe that this is a way to actually communicate with God (its very conceipt seems absurd to me), what evil am I comitting? I am ringing a bell. A bell. Ding-dong. I used to ask my teacher if I could ring the bell in the school yard at the end of recess. Big deal.

P.S. - For a Brahmin not to bow with respect in front of the Granth (you know, the text that single-handedly saved their entire faith from being wiped from existence), is a huge lack of appreciation on their part. Just thought I'd say that.

At my school the bell was programed in a computer and no one pushed a button. I never thought other schools had a button.

Japmans is only being a smart mouth then I see.

I didnt know how a forum worked?

Why didnt someone close it then?

Or go onto the topic rather than saying there .000000001 of a cent rather than 2