All Sikh Schools  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Are all-Sikh Schools a good idea?

• Yes
    • No

• 1 month later...
Guest militant singh

w a h e g u r u

i hear in the uk theres an apparent sweep of Gurdwaras up and down the country wanting to open up Khalsa schools? I think this is wrong.

Why, when we campaign for a multi-cultural, tolerant nation, do we then want to seperate ourselves from the communities?

I know its been tried and tested around Canada but they are not brilliant there.

Im not for this split from society in such a way. Id want my kids to go to a mixed school - public or private - but mixed. And i wouldnt want to be brought up in an all-Sikh school. Im glad i got to experience other cultures, and be friends with people from other faiths and religions such as Xianity, Islam, Hinduism and so forth. Its made me stronger as a person.

Maybe im wrong though, so please forgive me if i am. Please help me to understand this move.

I understand that Sikhi parchaar will be done and will be encouraging a Sikh rehat, but this should be done at home anyway with the parents.

Im tottaly agianst FAITH SKOOLS AND SIKH skools kids should be bought up in a multi cultural skool with all backgrounds and faiths 2 understand other people

According to me khalsa schools can be of immense benefits and are need of the hour keeping in view the youth going astray and totally being ignorant about sikhi.

Just look at the scenario today how many sikh girls are in relation with non sikhs? Why did the trouble of seduction and subsequent conversion of sikh girls into islam happen? Just coz the Muslim preachers knew that our girls have western upbringing and will fall easy prey to their idiotic islamic mentality which had for long aimed at seducing sikh girls and then converting them to islam. And that's exactly what happened. But we have not learned from our mistakes.Today we are continuously failing to teach sikhism to our younger generation and hence youth is completely ignorant.

How many young boys and girls are today seen in gurdwaras?

How many young boys and girls today even know meaning of word sikh?

How many young boys and girls today know about 10 gurus, 5 pyaare and 5k's?

How many young boys and girls today don't drink,smoke or do clubbing?

And the reason for all flaws is that sikhi is not even taught to young generation so how can they practice it?

And as a result of that all the corrupt qualities in the world today have crept into our youth on a high scale. And again most of our community is ignorant and is least bothered. Look at the muslims ...how careful they are for their generation..especially girls.....how they are teaching islam to their youth and helping them keep connected to their roots and religion. When the problem of their girls going out with non muslim boys arose in bradford they opted for a muslims girls high school and as a result of that Bradford's Feversham college Muslims girls high school after several rejections was recognised as eligible for state grants and Muslim association of bradford got five million pounds from Dept of Education. We on other hand talk about being tolerant,multi cultural e.t.c other than staying connected with religion.If we practice sikhi we would automatically become tolerant and respectful to others at the same time leading a sikh way of life.

Well i feel in order to save our youth Khalsa schools or sikh schools whatever you may call them are must so that youth can be taught sikh way of life otherwise we are becoming silent spectators to the slow destruction of our young generation from which the qualities of a sikh may be wiped out completely in near future and replaced by either westernised or islamic way of life which has already started to happen although on a small scale.

BHUL CHUK MAAF

w a h e g u r u

i hear in the uk theres an apparent sweep of Gurdwaras up and down the country wanting to open up Khalsa schools? I think this is wrong.

Why, when we campaign for a multi-cultural, tolerant nation, do we then want to seperate ourselves from the communities?

I know its been tried and tested around Canada but they are not brilliant there.

Im not for this split from society in such a way. Id want my kids to go to a mixed school - public or private - but mixed. And i wouldnt want to be brought up in an all-Sikh school. Im glad i got to experience other cultures, and be friends with people from other faiths and religions such as Xianity, Islam, Hinduism and so forth. Its made me stronger as a person.

Maybe im wrong though, so please forgive me if i am. Please help me to understand this move.

I understand that Sikhi parchaar will be done and will be encouraging a Sikh rehat, but this should be done at home anyway with the parents.

I agree 100%!!!

what exactly do they mean by khalsa schools? do they mean a school for only amritdhari sikhs? or a school for sikhs in general?

Guru nanak sikh college on springfield road is 1 of those religious schools..... some of the worst people i know come out from there. its no different from any other high school. u get the good and bad people just like any other place. people still drink and smoke on site..

so a khalsa school is only for amrithari sikhs rite?