Suicide- Whats The Point In Life

Guest depressed

Guest depressed

Ok i feel extremely depressed due to a range of problems and even though i believe in God im just wondering what is the purpose of life and his creation???

Whats the whole purpose of life and is suicide a viable option if your life is really crap??

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest penji K :)

Ok i feel extremely depressed due to a range of problems and even though i believe in God im just wondering what is the purpose of life and his creation???

Whats the whole purpose of life and is suicide a viable option if your life is really crap??

ermmm noooo .... no matter how bad u got it, suicide is NOT a viable option... its not up 2 u sis ( i think u r a sis..) wen ur time is up, its up 2 Him only..

i sometimes wonder th same thing... my view is that life is a TEST, evrything is a test, so wat ever problems ur goin thru now, stick it out, keep strong, be th lotus that rises above th muddy waters.

i think sometimes this whoooole life that we live is a test from guru Ji, 2 see hu deserves to b with him when we depart from this world, in our time here we hav 2 do as much good as possible.

ill stop goin on now,

try naam simran... i do tha wen im feelin low, then after, i feel like a school girl in spring time :@

tek care, chin up *huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuug*

A common misconception that suicide will solve all your problems, yet one fails to consider the repricautions to Suicide itself. Where will you go after you kill this body in which you reside?? You will inturn just create more bad Karma for yourself through Suicide. Your Karmas will not just go away with killing yourself, you will instead have to take another birth and balance out your karms. So no Suicide will not get rid of your problems instead you will just create more problems for yourself. Today this life doesn't seem like a Gift, it seems more of a punishment, so your reaction is not at all surprising, it is rather a byproduct of the perception or view you hold towards life.

You say you "believe" in God, yet i must ask you what exactly is it that you "Believe"? Just Believing in God is not enough my beloved friend.....it can be the beginning, but not the end. Your problems, whatever they might be will not be solved just because you believe in God, unless you open yourself to understanding the ways of this God that you believe in. Allow yourself to see everything as a blessing, even the suffering, the hardship....Allow him to take control of your life and be content in his Will, his Way. Then your believing will transform your life. You are questioning whether life is worth it. To say that Life is not worth living is like saying God is not worth Loving. Life is his Gift, to reject Life would be similar to rejecting God. Derive this "believing" from the experience of his Love, then you will considered all this heartaches that you are going through in your life a blessing. His Grace.

Dukh Daroo Sukh Roag Bhaiya.

If you can understand the essences of this one line, then the question whether life is worth living in Hardship will never cross your mind. The question that I would like to ask you is would you have asked whether life is worth Living had you been happy or been this inquriing of Life, God, your own existance, trying to find reasons behind this life, question God, had you never known Sadness?

Life is crap, if you allow it to become crap. Nothing happens on its own. First step is take responsibility for whatever state your life is in, that it is your own doing. When we take responsibility, this then allows us to rectify the situation, to change things in our lives for the better. When we impart this responsiblity to others, or lets say God, then this life becomes a Punishment that he imposed upon us without our permission. Then God becomes cruel and inhumane, uncompassionate who punishes his creation which couldn't be farther from the Truth.

Now you can very well say, How could I want or desire these bad cirucmstances for myself? or Why, surely only you an answer this question. When we Act towards others do we act with the right thoughts, with the right state of mind? We create these problems throught our unconscious actions, thoughts that we project, the worries that we project, the unawarefull living that we live. We do things without thinking, without compassion, without Love. We react without thinking, we live for the satisfying moment disregarding what these actions will result in our future. Yes it is a bitter pill to swallow. But as soon as you swallow this bitterness and allow it to work its magic the sooner you will realize that life becomes exactly that which you make it to be. Whatever it is taht your Project, it is going to become your future. If you are miserable right now then you are projecting that misery into your future and your future is a product of your Present. Don't surpress your bitterness, transform it into Love, Experience of Life, Learn from it, Grow from it. LIfe is about Growing from our hardships, our experiences that we experience in life. So Change your Present state of Living and your future will unfold accordingly.

Become more enduring mentally in these situations. Learn to absorb the impact of life with Compassion and Love. Pray that you may given strength to deflect the negativitie that exists around you, Pray that you be given strength to overcome your weaknesses. Become more Patient, Become more Loving towards everyone. Swallow the pride of your Ego and become more Humble. Let your heart pray with emmense Love. Read Gurbani whenver you feel as such, Sing Gurbani whenever your heart is in pain...allow the Words of the Guru to become a medium for you to release your pain...allow the Pain to further move you towards your Guru, towards Truth. Surround yourself with Loving people, Surround yourself with True Sangat. Surround yourself with Positive people. Become an inspiration for those who too are struggling through hardship of life. Become a beacon for those who cannot find their way. Help others who have fallen. Do seva, read inspirational Books, search for answers in your heart, Meditate, Do Yoga and fill yourself with Love first and your whole life will begin to project this Love and your Future will be filled with Love, Love and nothing but Love.

Suicide is self-centered. You might think nobody cares about you, but I can tell you that if you never post on this website again, I'll probably think that you've commited suicide, and even I would feel bad, without knowing you. And there are people that care about you; think about them.

How old are you? Just wondering; it makes a difference to how we should approach this topic.

Guest ex- suicide

Suicide is self-centered. You might think nobody cares about you, but I can tell you that if you never post on this website again, I'll probably think that you've commited suicide, and even I would feel bad, without knowing you. And there are people that care about you; think about them.

How old are you? Just wondering; it makes a difference to how we should approach this topic.

Ahh thanks sis and yes i am a girl, i found this site from my brother who uses it and anyway thanks for that but im feeling anow and im 18 and ive got my A level exams and i feel so depressed and under pressure since its my final school year and im finding it hard to cope with exams and leaving my mates but i think i can go through it hopeefully with the help of waheguru. Dont know what made me make this thread i guess it was a moment of desperation

if you really thought there was no point to life, you would have killed yourself by now

you may not know it, but the purpose is inside you.

rather than asking other people the purpose, ask yourself.

if i had access to a gun, i would probably be dead now, weve all thought about suicide.

i wanted to do it, but i didnt have the guts, i didnt want the pain, even using a gun isnt painless.

killing yourself wont make it go away. it'll jus come back, again and again and again.

kill yourself, and it will be the beginning of more sh!t u'll b puttin urself thru.

we think weve got crap lives, but we dont think about those who have nowhere to live, nothing to eat

we dont think about the thousands of children that die from hunger or starvation.

i know u dont wanna do it, because ur still here

sorry for such a long, boring, complaining post.

sorry if i was harsh, or if i offended you in any way, i didnt mean to.

waheguroo jee ka khalsa, waheguru jee kee fateh

Ahh thanks sis and yes i am a girl, i found this site from my brother who uses it and anyway thanks for that but im feeling anow and im 18 and ive got my A level exams and i feel so depressed and under pressure since its my final school year and im finding it hard to cope with exams and leaving my mates but i think i can go through it hopeefully with the help of waheguru. Dont know what made me make this thread i guess it was a moment of desperation

ohmy.gif i know wa u mean my alevels 2...exam stress aaarrrrggghhhhhh...but u shudnt let it get 2 u 2 tha extent...

i no wa u mean tho..cuz theyr reeeealy difficult n u feel like ur jus gna fail...n *siiigh* evrythin u bin workin 4...ok im jus goin in2 depression mode lol.....2day i felt reeealy down-this mornin, then i realised im behavin like an <banned word filter activated> cuz, i spoke 2 1 of my best frends, talkin bt MY "problems" and they turned around an tol me 1 of their parents has terminal cancer :@ .... do u see wa im gettin at? no matter how bad u got it, u never got it that bad.. x x x

Well, that's good. Whenever you need help, this is the place to come :@ btw, I'm a guy; that's like the second or third time that's happened to me, lol, why??

I dunno, but saying to think about others that have it worse doesn't always help, so I don't like pointing that out... it depends more on the person. In your case, I think we can see why you were depressed, but you'll get over it; your exams will be over, and with vaheguru's help you'll do perfectly fine. And going away doesn't mean leaving your friends at all, I'm sure you'll stay in touch, and in fact you'll probably make more friends wherever you decide to go.