Why Punjabi Singers Should Not Wear Khanda On Chains

kurtas

OK the Khanda is not a puratan symbol. But it is associated with Sikhs.

Last week Mika (Punjabi singer who usually sounds as if he is suffering from chronic constipation) was caught up in a storm when he forcibly kissed some lady at his birthday bash. The media made quite a fuss over this (and rightly so).

This same singer regulalry wears a Khanda on a chain (Jazzy B style).

Such idiots give the Sikh quam a bad name.

Jathedar Vedanti needs to move on this issue and issue an edict that no Kulakar wears a Khanda around his neck. These kulakar are in the media spotlight and the damage they do to the reputation of the Panth is immense.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK the Khanda is not a puratan symbol. But it is associated with Sikhs.

Last week Mika (Punjabi singer who usually sounds as if he is suffering from chronic constipation) was caught up in a storm when he forcibly kissed some lady at his birthday bash. The media made quite a fuss over this (and rightly so).

This same singer regulalry wears a Khanda on a chain (Jazzy B style).

Such idiots give the Sikh quam a bad name.

Jathedar Vedanti needs to move on this issue and issue an edict that no Kulakar wears a Khanda around his neck. These kulakar are in the media spotlight and the damage they do to the reputation of the Panth is immense.

That is 100% spot on, if Jathedar Jee could release such an edict, it will do a lot of good. Although not a Puraatan symbol, it should never have become a fashion item which is what has already happened with a lot of people...

...and...at the following comment............

Last week Mika (Punjabi singer who usually sounds as if he is suffering from chronic constipation)

...... LOL.gif

d_oh.gif Vaheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsa, Vaheguroo Jee Kee Phateh!!! d_oh.gif

Sad thing is you can't really do anything about it... so what're you going to do? Why do we post things like this?

Sure, it's bad, but it's not really a conversation/argument/debate. We all agree on it, but there's seriously no way we could force somebody to not wear it; there are tons of posts similar to this one on the site, they're totally pointless, in my view.

Didn't mean to offend anyone, just pointing out my view, you might not agree...

Sad thing is you can't really do anything about it... so what're you going to do? Why do we post things like this?

Sure, it's bad, but it's not really a conversation/argument/debate. We all agree on it, but there's seriously no way we could force somebody to not wear it; there are tons of posts similar to this one on the site, they're totally pointless, in my view.

Change is all about making people aware of the problem. Such posts therefore serve a purpose in making people aware of the problem. There are multiple posts on many subjects.

Similar things were said when R4GJ sewadars were doing their sewa. But they have held their ground and others were instrumental in getting the recent sandesh on gurdwara funded party halls.

If in the morning Vedanti said no kulakar to wear a Khanda on stage or in a video I can guarantee that some would respect the Hukumnama and refrain from wearing such Khanda on chains. I am pretty much sure Jazzy B would respect it and maybe Mika would also take notice.

No offence taken bro.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed

people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing

that ever has."

- Margaret Mead

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

Is 50 cent supposed to be christian because he looks like he robbed a christian of their cross and is holding it hostage around his neck.

I dont know about you but to me he isnt representing jesus very much.

Why do they wear a bandana and a hat? next they will be wearing glasses with sunglasses over the top of those or a bandana with a hat over and a beenie over that or they will wear two different shoes or wear their shoes on their hands. :@