Bhatra Sikhs

Big_Tera

The Bhatra origin story from Bhat connection is total nonsense. Bhats were vegetarians and practices of Bhatra Sikhs are totally opposite to them. Bhatra Sikhs resemble more gypsy tribes. And Sikhism doesn't restrict from being Jat Sikh, Tarkhan Sikh or any other Sikh. All our old texts have Sikhs recorded as Jat Sikh, Tarkhan Sikh etc and all scholars recorded them with castes. This is also becomes more clear when we read Guru Granth sahib where Bhagat Kabir, Bhagat Ravidas & Bhagat Namdev's bani is clearly mentioning them as Chamar, Julaha & Chimbha. I think having caste may not present any threat than having caste based discrimination. Once you become Sikh just try to be non-discriminative by nature and that will serve the purpose of being Sikh like Bhagat Puran Singh Ji of Pingalwara.

lol was about to talk about the bhatt connection..

Didnt bhat/bhatra's begin to eat meat and drink when the British exposed it to them..?

I heard they gave a lot of kurbani in the 18th century..

Apparently they are keeping their tradition of poetry and sing poems on stage at gurdwaras..

The Bhatra origin story from Bhat connection is total nonsense. Bhats were vegetarians and practices of Bhatra Sikhs are totally opposite to them. Bhatra Sikhs resemble more gypsy tribes. And Sikhism doesn't restrict from being Jat Sikh, Tarkhan Sikh or any other Sikh. All our old texts have Sikhs recorded as Jat Sikh, Tarkhan Sikh etc and all scholars recorded them with castes. This is also becomes more clear when we read Guru Granth sahib where Bhagat Kabir, Bhagat Ravidas & Bhagat Namdev's bani is clearly mentioning them as Chamar, Julaha & Chimbha. I think having caste may not present any threat than having caste based discrimination. Once you become Sikh just try to be non-discriminative by nature and that will serve the purpose of being Sikh like Bhagat Puran Singh Ji of Pingalwara.

lol was about to talk about the bhatt connection..

Didnt bhat/bhatra's begin to eat meat and drink when the British exposed it to them..?

I heard they gave a lot of kurbani in the 18th century..

Apparently they are keeping their tradition of poetry and sing poems on stage at gurdwaras..

Poems?

• 2 weeks later...

Bhat Sikhs are still living as Sikhs. You can watch them daily when they bring Prashad in Amritsar at Amritvela. The Gursikhs in white turbans are descendent of Bhats of Guru court. This Bhatra Sikhs being from Bhat is just ridiculous and to defame those great bhagats.

I don't mind if someone is Jatt-Sikh, Tarkhan or any other Sikh but if I see Sikh descriminating against other Sikhs I just don't consider them as Sikhs. They are not Sikhs if they descriminate others or consider them lower or higher than them. You should be proud to be Sikh and live like a royal people. You have turban on your head so consider yourself king and help others.

ummm

ok...what on living EARTH is this all about?!?!?!?!?!

there are no diff kinds of Sikhs..

BHATRA SIKHS... rolleyes.gif

what on Mother Earth is goin on with our Kaum?? :umm: @

hmm hav no idea,