Gurudwara Wedding/party Halls

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

Sangat Ji I was thinking how much beadbi goes on around us and we don't even notice. We get on our high horses about small issues, but what about Gurudwara committees building halls for parties and weddings. I know some sevadaar across the country have been trying to educate people on this and on occasions tried to tackle the issue.

This to me is blatant disrespect of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. The activities that take place are considered manmat. The Sangat money is misused. We have so many problems with our kids and we spend the money on halls. It is the same as dancing in the Gurudwara and drinking in the Gurudwara. No difference, not to me.

I just wanted to know how many halls there are out there. Can everybody please tell me if they know of any. I wanted to write an article on this. But I need all the facts.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are also such places in :

Huddersfield (the idiots have even called it Sikh Community Centre)

Bradford,

Several in Birmingham including one named after Jassa Singh Ramgharia,

Wednesfield,

Leamington (not sure if they have stopped the programs in the Tachbrook industrial unit behind the Gurdwara)

I am sure there are many more.

Just looking at Bhai Sahib Ranjit Singh (Dhadrian wale) bookings it looks as if the organisers have booked programs at a few of these Gurdwara where the committee wale think it is ok to have party halls. Maybe he can educate and influence the committee wale in such places.

There are also such places in :

Huddersfield (the idiots have even called it Sikh Community Centre)

Bradford,

Several in Birmingham including one named after Jassa Singh Ramgharia,

Wednesfield,

Leamington (not sure if they have stopped the programs in the Tachbrook industrial unit behind the Gurdwara)

I am sure there are many more.

Just looking at Bhai Sahib Ranjit Singh (Dhadrian wale) bookings it looks as if the organisers have booked programs at a few of these Gurdwara where the committee wale think it is ok to have party halls. Maybe he can educate and influence the committee wale in such places.

Our Parcharaks really need to take responsiblity of where they are doing parchar. This includes Baba/Sants, Kirtanis, Jathabhandis, anyone who is supposedly panthic. Otherwise it looks like they support the activities of that specific Gurdwara committee.

We are so weak as a community that in most cases we are unable to even ostracise a committee who are carrying out anti-panthic activities. It's not as if we don't know who they are! At this stage we can't collectively get the committee to be called up in front of Sri Akal Takht Sahib due to the corruption within our seat of soverinty.

If our "cream of the crop" don't see the party halls as an issue, then we have got serous problems moving forward.

Imagine if a famous baba, parcharak, kirtani refused to do katha/kirtan at a specific Gurdwara because of the activities of that committee! It would be a strong message.

At present the following committees need to do pesh in front of Sri Akal Takht Sahib:

Ramgharia Gurdwara Slough

Ramgharia Gurdwawa Birmingham

Ramgharia Gurdwara East London

Ramgharia Gurdwara Leeds

Ramgharia Gurdwara Coventry

Leamington Gurdwara

Swindon Gurdwara

Huddersfield Gurdwara

Grays Gurdwara

Wednesfield Gurdwara

Guru Nanak Recreational Centre, Preston

Cardiff Gurdwara (Bhatra)

Southampton Gurdwara (Bhatra)

Sri Kalgidar Bhatra Gurdwara, Leeds

Guest Bass Singh

VJKK VJKF!

ONE MORE GURDWARA , HIGH STREET GURDWARA WEST BROM, CONFRENCE SUITE IS NEXT DOOR!

U GOT DANCING AND PARTYING AND U GOT GURDWARA NEXT DOOR 2 IT! STUPIDITY!

VJKK VJKF!

VJKK VJKF!

ONE MORE GURDWARA , HIGH STREET GURDWARA WEST BROM, CONFRENCE SUITE IS NEXT DOOR!

VJKK VJKF!

Ummm....I think you will find that, that hall has nothing to do with the Gurdwara. It used to be a factory that someone (independant from the Gurdwara) has bought and done up as a hall.

So please don't make assumptions simply because it is right next to the Gurdwara.

VJKK VJKF!

VJKK VJKF!

Ummm....I think you will find that, that hall has nothing to do with the Gurdwara. It used to be a factory that someone (independant from the Gurdwara) has bought and done up as a hall.

So please don't make assumptions simply because it is right next to the Gurdwara.

yes i think that is independant even so still should not be there gurdwara should have brought the building