Attention: Subway Eaters!

for a sikh eating from amritdharis only and becoming bibeki is the ideal thing.. but some people are born in manmuk familes and they have to eat from their parents unless they want to strave of course/

a sikh should learn to carry their own weight around learn to be independant and able to cook 4 his or her self

as for eating at restaurants etc.. it should be avoided as you do not no what goes on behind the scenes

anyway eeverything come from naam

keeping rehats live bibek or sabloh bibek is pointless if you do not jaap naam 24/7

"keeping rehats live bibek or sabloh bibek is pointless if you do not jaap naam 24/7"

how stupid is that

the point of these rehits is to help you jap more naam, to jap naam 24.7 without rehit is impossible. to say tht following rehit is pointless is stupid

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no

not at all

im one of those people hu think we should ALL rehit as best we can

tht includes food bibek, amrit vela, extra baniaa inaddition to 5 baniaa

of course you can still b a sikh if you arent bibeki, but youre sikhi would be much improved if you avoided eating from manmukhs

my personal opinon

no

not at all

im one of those people hu think we should ALL rehit as best we can

tht includes food bibek, amrit vela, extra baniaa inaddition to 5 baniaa

of course you can still b a sikh if you arent bibeki, but youre sikhi would be much improved if you avoided eating from manmukhs

my personal opinon

i couldnt point the finger that someone is mamukh or not when i have countless faults in myself. would you say a non amritdhari is a manmukh or even someone from another religion? grin.gif

yeah, interesting point, as we all shud c ourselves as manmukhs,

but non amritdharees hav yet 2 giv their man to guru ji, there fore they follow their man

so basically we should eat from amritdharees only

anyways bye bye for now

The eggs will be unfertilised so there is nothing wrong with that.

Heh...exactly :| There's twice as much genetic information in plants. Hence, plants are actually 'alive' whereas eggs are not. In a wierd way, eating eggs is 'more vegetarian' than eating your greens :wub:

yeah, interesting point, as we all shud c ourselves as manmukhs,

but non amritdharees hav yet 2 giv their man to guru ji, there fore they follow their man

so basically we should eat from amritdharees only

anyways bye bye for now

Such a restricted lifestyle? Guru Gobind Singh Ji hunted game and ate the meat of animals. As long as we do it responsibly, there's nothing wrong with it. It's the way of the world. We are - after all - at the top of the Earth's food chain.

umm.... I nah sure Guru Jee ate tha meat of tha animals he hunted... and i nah 100% bout this, but I dun think Guru Jee hunted for game... from everythin that i hear, the animals he hunted were souls he was liberatin (givin mukti to)... and it wasn't jus fa game, like how people do these dayz...

can ya please provide facts bout ya statements?... I nah tryin to argue or nuttin, i jus wann ta see tha facts fa my own knowledge...

Chardi Kalaa!

Just to ad my 50cents.

You should be VERY careful here.

Watch how they grab the food...watch which knives they use to cut the bread.

Even if you get the guys to swap their gloves to new ones. They will grab the salad, put it on the previous guys sub which has meat on it also...touch the meat etc etc etc...its not a very vege. way of doin it.

I LOVE subway too, and didnt know about the patty things...sigh...but i think I'm gona avoid that place because they handle the meat stuff...then handle the salad....so when ur next in line wanting a vege sub...chances are the salad has been in contact with meat...

Oh well.

I'm not saying we should only eat at Amritdhari places....but maybe we should just be a little more cautious...it's damned hard though at times....and it's sickening to fall foul of the '...hmm...i'm starving...lets just eat that and i'm sure its got no egg in it...' mood.

not only is there a possibltiy of meat being in your food, which is a kurehit, full stop, no matter what randip tries to tell you. if you eat meat youre not a sikh

also, who has made your food? somkers, sinners, adulterers

this WILL effect your spirituality

Rubbish.......debate the points on the essay on the footnote and prove me wrong otherwise........stop with the personal cheapshots....

People like you are making a mockery of Sikhism and turning it into Hindu Vaisnavism........

..........again........debate the link below or keep your views about me to yourself...

umm.... I nah sure Guru Jee ate tha meat of tha animals he hunted... and i nah 100% bout this, but I dun think Guru Jee hunted for game... from everythin that i hear, the animals he hunted were souls he was liberatin (givin mukti to)... and it wasn't jus fa game, like how people do these dayz...

can ya please provide facts bout ya statements?... I nah tryin to argue or nuttin, i jus wann ta see tha facts fa my own knowledge...

Chardi Kalaa!

Again this sort of Vaishnav Hindu type Karmic ideals that Guru's killed animals for liberation have polluted our religion in the 19th Century.........

Sikhs did hunt for food........there have always been some vegetarian Sikhs.....there have always been some meat eaters.......they happily sat side by side and respected each other as Sikhs....that much we know even from Bhai Gurdas's Varan...................this was until Brahmanical thought started polluting Sikh thought.............

The meat vegetarian debate has no meaning for a Sikh in any shape form whatsoever............it is personal........

on the second point..........

Hunting animals had 3 puposes.....

1) Food

2) Training for Soldiers...use of arms, riding etc

3) Rid jungles of pest, and help villagers (stop wild animal grazing their crops).

Again I would suggest read the link below, which goes into depth about what happened at the time...........