Attention: Subway Eaters!

the animals he hunted were souls he was liberatin (givin mukti to)...

No, this is just a popular appologist's statement. And not a very well thought out one, at that.

There's nothing 'mythical' about the animals he hunted (amazing what people will believe when they're told, eh? And then Sikkhs wonder why it is that people think they're just like Hindus. Self-inflicted injury. That's why.). They were hunted for game, be that for training purposes or just to kill time (pun intended :| ).

People like you are making a mockery of Sikhism and turning it into Hindu Vaisnavism........

Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks so. Well, I'm not exactly "glad" about any of this. I'm actually very hurt. But I'm glad to see that there are people who realise this so that we might be able to rectify these mistakes and get back to what Guru Nänak was saying.

Again this sort of Vaishnav Hindu type Karmic ideals that Guru's killed animals for liberation have polluted our religion in the 19th Century.........

And prior to that, as well. I believe that the moment Guru Gobind Singh Ji died, his sense of objectivity and awareness of the Oneness of All died with him. It pains me to say it, but those Khalsa who went on their 'roaring rampages of revenge' undermined everything a Khalsa is supposed to stand for. I have forefathers who belong to the clan who fought on Guru Gobind Singh Ji's frontline, so believe me when I say that I more than most have to swallow my pride when I say these things. But this is the truth. And the truth ain't always pretty.

Sikhs did hunt for food........there have always been some vegetarian Sikhs.....there have always been some meat eaters.......they happily sat side by side and respected each other as Sikhs....that much we know even from Bhai Gurdas's Varan...................this was until Brahmanical thought started polluting Sikh thought.............

The meat vegetarian debate has no meaning for a Sikh in any shape form whatsoever............it is personal........

on the second point..........

Hunting animals had 3 puposes.....

1) Food

2) Training for Soldiers...use of arms, riding etc

3) Rid jungles of pest, and help villagers (stop wild animal grazing their crops).

Again I would suggest read the link below, which goes into depth about what happened at the time...........

Listen to this man, people. He's talking sense.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DATS WOT I WAS SHOUTING IN MY TOPIC ABT AEROPLANE FOOD.

ACTUALLY PATTIES DONT CONTAIN EGGS IN IT.

THE SURFACE OF PATTIES ARE POLISHED WITH EGG ( WHITE PART) OR WITH THE MILK.

BUT U NEBER KNOWA DAT IS IT EGG OR MILK.

NO SHOPKEEPER WILL TELL U DAT IT CONTAIN EGGS ALTHOUGH IT CONTAIN.

COZ THEY FEAR LEST MANY VEGGY PEOPLE WILL STOP EATING AND THE SALE WILL BE DOWN.

For meat eaters there will never be enough proof to NOT eat meat. They will continue to justify meat eating using any means necessary, including discouraging the discussion of meat eating with Gurbani. But one thing I will ask the meat eaters to think about, could you see Guru Gobind Singh Ji holding a drumstick and having steaks with the Khalsa fauj AND could you ever go to a Gurdwara Sahib and make burgers for the sangat? NO you could not. And I don't buy the BS of "the only reason they make veg food in Gurdwaras is so that everyone can share the food even the meat eaters." The reason there is no meat in Gurdwaras is because the rule is that whereever there is Parkash of Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jeeo no meat/eggs/liqour are allowed in that building. And if we are trying to get Guru Sahibs message of Naam Simran and Gurbani into us, how can meat and nasty things such as these reside there aswell?

Doesn't make any sense. Also if you are eating something outside and a pig were to walk by and spit in your food you would not eat it because the animal is dirty, but it is ok to eat the dead carcaas of the pig?

Some things to think about.....

is sikhi only based on wheter eating meat is allowed or not???

I have a feeling people like you will drag non-sikhs away from being sikh!!!!!!!

You people made the faith so difficult that no one wants to become a sikh no more... it is so very easy to become a sikh!!!!!!!!!

why do you think during guru nanak dev ji times there were so many sikhs!!!

Where are those people now???? what happened to alll the sikhs!!!

I am assumming people like akjforever taran kaur think were in prosperioty because there jathas are the top of the stage and are running everything!!! I believe that is why there is a lot of sikhs in the world today :|

this is the ordinary teaching these so called khalsa's give..... no meat.. naam jappo...i.. get up during amrit vela at 12 am... and so on and so on!!!!!!!! nothing about kirat or how to live your life acoridng to gurbani and so on... how to take care of your children and wife and living a gursikhi jeevan!!!! why is sikhi so isolated towards theree or four things?

now dont blame people like RSS and so on because if there wasnt so many jathais and sampardas we wouldnt have the problem or RSS, Badal and so on if we were one khalsa panth!!!!!

they claim to be apart of khalsa panth and yet dont even follow panthic maryada!!!!

Heera Singh: When u said guru sahib gave mukti to the animals he killed.... first of all this is where you say guru sahib killed animals and second of all tell me where it is written that guru sahib kills the animals and gives them mukti???? i need specific page number or document!!

For meat eaters there will never be enough proof to NOT eat meat. They will continue to justify meat eating using any means necessary, including discouraging the discussion of meat eating with Gurbani. But one thing I will ask the meat eaters to think about, could you see Guru Gobind Singh Ji holding a drumstick and having steaks with the Khalsa fauj AND could you ever go to a Gurdwara Sahib and make burgers for the sangat? NO you could not. And I don't buy the BS of "the only reason they make veg food in Gurdwaras is so that everyone can share the food even the meat eaters." The reason there is no meat in Gurdwaras is because the rule is that whereever there is Parkash of Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jeeo no meat/eggs/liqour are allowed in that building. And if we are trying to get Guru Sahibs message of Naam Simran and Gurbani into us, how can meat and nasty things such as these reside there aswell?

Doesn't make any sense. Also if you are eating something outside and a pig were to walk by and spit in your food you would not eat it because the animal is dirty, but it is ok to eat the dead carcaas of the pig?

Some things to think about.....

Look at the holes in everything that you're saying.

And as for "trying to get Guru Sahibs message of Naam Simran and Gurbani into us"? What do you mean "trying"? What precisely do you think is involved in that? And what exactly is your motivation for doing it?

I suspect that you're response will be tragically autonomous. Not like the reflective, contemplative teachings of Nänak at all.

No, this is just a popular appologist's statement. And not a very well thought out one, at that.

you talk as if what your saying is fact, what proof have you that says guroo sahib didnt hunt just to give mukti?

and atlease have some resepect for Guroo sahib atleast, not Nanak, Guroo Nanak Sahib Ji