Attention: Subway Eaters!

I even once knew an amritdhari singh who used to eat subway subs and all with the meat, too. I'm pretty open minded, but I once asked him as he was sitting in his car eating a subway sub with meat in the gurdwara parking lot, as to why are you eating the meat. He said to show me one line in gurbani where it says amritdharis can't eat meat. If you can, I will throw the sub away. grin.gif

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Follow Panthic Maryada!!!!

either you are in and you follow panthic marada which is based on the philosphy of guru granth sahib ji and either you are out and you dont follow panthic maryada

how simple does it get?????

poor people have completely lost it

Yeesh, tell me about it :wub: @

next they'll be saying we can cut our hair too, its all about the inside

Oh no, no, no..."the inside"? Who cares about "the inside"?

It's okay to murder and discriminate and do evil things...as long as we keep réhat, right? :|

ppl put the argument forward that a Singh should be muscular and that requires large amounts of protein, which is best gained from chicken etc....well i'v got a friend who is not just a vegetarian but a vegan and he has a physique many would envy

Yeah, synthetic protien shakes will do that.

also, one can't deny the health benefits of being a vegetarian

Yeah, that's why the human appendix has been rendered near-useless, right?

"now i truly understand the gurbani tuk, moorakh naal na lugeae.

As a veerji, sed earlier, you wanna eat filth, eat filth and allow vegies to be vegies. same if u wanna be gursikhs, dont eat meat, and allow manmukhs to eat crcasses."

See that point Singhstah? If we all just leave each other alone and stop telling each other what to do in regards to meat, which has been talked soo many times and end up at the same place as before or not at all. Putting one another down over ones diet is just a mask over the real reason: ego and greed.

Just let each person figure out their own diet and way to eat FFS.

-LC

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

If and I said "IF" a sikh is to eat meat it should be killed with "Jhatka."

And no stores sell Jhatka and if they said they did you couldnt trust it because you wouldnt know if they short cutted it somehow in someway.

The only way a Sikh should eat meat is if they did it themselves!

So from this qoute which should be followed?

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

(723-13)

ik-oNkaar satgur parsaad.

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

khaak noor kardaN aalam dunee-aa-ay.

The Lord infused His Light into the dust, and created the world, the universe.

asmaan jimee darkhat aab paidaa-is khudaa-ay. ||1||

The sky, the earth, the trees, and the water - all are the Creation of the Lord. ||1||

banday chasam deedaN fanaa-ay.

O human being, whatever you can see with your eyes, shall perish.

duneeN-aa murdaar khurdanee gaafal havaa-ay. rahaa-o.

The world eats dead carcasses, living by neglect and greed. ||Pause||

(So here being oblivious to God is actual eating of Dead,it is mark of poor social staus but used here for spritual purposes)

gaibaan haivaan haraam kustanee murdaar bakhoraa-ay.

Like a goblin, or a beast,Forbidden, they kill and eat the carcasses.

Here man is termed as ghost,Beast,Haram(forbidden),Killing(Kustan(is mazdar of Farsi stand s for to kill while Kustani is for killing) and so man is

like ghost,beast,they carry out killing,which is forbbidden and that is like eating of dead. or to be more clear (if) killing (any one without reason) is Forbiiddan and let that person eat Dead.

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

this topic has come up like amillion times b4 ..it's like this:

amritdhari or want to get into sikhi??

dont eat meat, whether it was intentionally killed, not intentionally killed, slowly killed, given a funeral, w/v

and this includes fish and eggs.

i noe not everybody here follows this but as long as u acknowledge the fact that it is wrong and are thinking of quitting someday-iz all good.

for example: im not amritshak and i noe thats not good but i do ardaas that one day i will be, i acknowledge my wrongdoings and admit that im not a true gursikh as much as i love sikhi but one day i hope God will do kirpa and i will become one.... :TH: