kirpan questions

Vahejeo

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you ever get stopped by a cop just tell them that its your freedom of religion. And its protected by the law. Me and Mkhalsa have walked in the stores with dumala's and kirpans on the outside in US. Sometimes I take my big kirpan off just to be on the safe side and not alarming anyone. We already get enough racial comments. I have wore my big kirpan infront og the cops in LA inside a 7-11 store one time wen I was there for the smagam. He didn't say anything. I think if you wear a reasonable sized kirpan like less then 9 inches on the outside we should be ok. Anything bigger than that in public might cause someone to report you and stuff. Mkhalsa and daas carry some other shashters some times too. we just leave it in the car or something wen we go inside a store or something.

Some of the people at my work know that I wear a kirpan. I just wear it under my clothes. I went to high school in US too. And with guru sahib's kirpa no one ever found out about my kirpan. Only this one pakistani friend knew and he was cool about it too. But most schools know in US now...

Another thing I think that if u try to hide your kirpan infront of a cop than it'll do you more good than harm cuz its considered A Concealed Weapon. You can wear a 5 inches long kirpan on the outside anywhere inside US Except federal buildings, courts and airplanes. Other than that you should be ok. If the cop can see u wearing ur kirpan on the outside then its not considered a concealed weapon.

Hope this helps...

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Pyare jio, below is a link of a website in Uk of sikh lawyers. It contains all the cases for these situations and many others. althougth mainly Uk based, it does have alot of USA stuff aswell.

http://www.british-sikh-fed.org.uk

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I wear 13 inch siri sahib daily to college and everywhere.. no-one really care.. Once i dropped kirpan in front of whole class (As usual im always late, so i was in hurry haha).. so yeah my prof. noticed it and so did the whole class, but nothing happened.. i picked it touched to my forehead and grabbed my seat :)