23-year jail term for five Indians in Britain

Guest mehtab

http://headlines.sify.com/2615news4.html?h...ians~in~Britain

23-year jail term for five Indians in Britain

London: A British Court has sentenced, a five-member gang from North-West London to 23 years imprisonment on charges of smuggling 6000 illegal immigrants, mostly Indians, into the United Kingdom.

The Court was told that the racket appeared to centre on the Indian Consulate in Birmingham with at least one official in the consulate suspected to have paid for the bogus documents.

The five-member gang was headed by one Sarwan Singh. Police surveillance footage showed the alleged suspect meeting the gang's mastermind Deo, in a disguised pub before travelling home.

Sources said three officials of the Indian Consulate have been transferred to India following the unearthing of the illegal immigration racket.

The other key part of the operation was a trade in "recycled" passports, either stolen or bought from a willing seller. The trade routes ran from the Indian sub-continent through the Middle East, Africa and Europe.

Judge Dawn Freedman said their human trafficking, estimated to have earned 50 million dollars, had posed great risk to the national security.

Sources said, that one of the persons smuggled by the gang was a suspected Sikh terrorist. The gang, reportedly, operated for over 12 years and provided one of the most lucrative offers for immigration into UK.

Earlier, also one of the key suspects in the illegal immigration racket, Deo's brother Su

cha Deol, was jailed for three years, and the gang's forger Povytar Rai from Birmingham was also sentenced to three and a half years.

Of the two other members, Jarnail Saini, 38, and Sohan Kalyan, 49, who helped their "clients" through entry controls at ports and airports, Saini was from Germany and he was jailed for five years while Kalyan of Bedford for imprisoned four years.

UNI

nah i support bush, cuz hes blowing up all those a-rabs!!!!!! ohmy.gif

nah just kidding, hes a bit slow, but i get the impression hes a lil bit more honest and truthful than some other politicians out there. he might have the intelligence of a 5 year old, but at least those terrorist <admin-profanity filter activated> are getting a good beating :)

having said that i think i remember clinton doing a bit for the sikhs, but i cant remember what :( @

Heck no.. Bu$h is damn stupid guy with no knowledge of anything.. I hate this current administration.. Only MIllionaires are getting big fat $$$ from tax break while normal hard working ppls are getting laid off from jobs.. and guess what.. A special tax break for americans who own big bad suvs.. ohmy.gif He is encouraging americans to buy less fuel mileage suvs and destroy the planet rolleyes.gif

he might have the intelligence of a 5 year old, but at least those terrorist <admin-profanity filter activated> are getting a good beating

veerjee.. for only few bad ppls we just can' blame the whole community..

veer i dont hate on muslims i dislike islam and the quran....

if a holy book says

"slay the disbelievers where u find them"

"beat your wife lightly if she disobeys you"

"kafirs will burn in hell"

"JIHAD"

then there i something wrong with that religion.

the difference is most muslims dont follow the quran and ahadiths, so are not proper muslims. proper muslims follow the quran, and when it tells them to kill the non muslims they go and do it!

Sat Sri Akal:

Khalsa Soulja...perhaps you need to read the Qua'ran if you haven't already. Whatever you have quoted is an interpretation on what is written, not the text itself.

And believe me, other religious texts say A WHOLE LOT WORSE!!!

Bush... rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Anyways...Swaran Singh needs to be deported to the middle of the Atlantic Ocean for slandering the Sikh name...