Boycott Rakhi

Come August 9 and you will see most of sikhs decorating their wrists with rakhis because that day is an exclusive hindu festival called rakhi or rakhsabandhan which has now been adopted by almost 90% of sikhs. Sisters even from foreign countries send rakhis by post for their brothers and brothers send money or gifts back.

But by doing so all the sikhs are directly violating guruji's hukum coz this falls in bipran ki reet.

Rakhi is against principle of sikhi because a sister ties thread on wrist of her brother which means that he will protect her no matter what. But doesn't this show weakness of womanhood? In sikhism everyone is equal and women have equal rights as men.Women wear kirpans like men and are expected to protect themselves.Don't you know what Mata Bhag Kaur did and don't forget sacrifice of Mata Jindan (Jind Kaur). Women are not weak they are equally strong. In sikhi women are not expected look upon their husbands to protect them. If that was the case then what would be the point of wearing kirpans? Guru Gobind Singh Ji said when all other means have failed it is your right to draw a sword. So let it be that way. How would you know your brother would really help you in danger. What if he's not there to help you or runs away. Guruji ordered khalsa to practice arms and be able to protect yourselves. This applies to both men and women or Singhs and Kaurs.

So why do we keep performing these useless rituals when our Gurus have clearly ordered us not to do so?

Why are we bent on sending a messege to people that sikhism is also a part of useless hinduism by celebrating these festivals which are of no importance to us but on otherhand are a direct violation of our rehat. A giani of our nearby gurdwara sahib was telling me that some people are such a big fools that they even tie rakhis to Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji's palki.......may waheguru show them the right path.

So let's be wise and respect Gurus' orders and boycott rakhis and also encourage other fellow sikhs and stop following Bipran ki Reet.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

:D @ They tie it Guru Jis Paalki :@ @

Wow Sikhs really need to fall out of this Hinduism that they are in. rolleyes.gif

Do u think that when people converted to Sikhi they brought all the old ways with them?? Or did they celebrate the breaking of the chain that held them back? grin.gif

I say if you see a Sikh with one on cut it off and throw it on the ground. :bringitondude

People we need to beak the chain of stupid and foolish Sikhs and give the children a chance to be real Sikhs. :TH:

i agree with you 100%. i've always been against these things such as raakhi, etc. but it's sad to see so many sikhs out there who practice it, like my cousins in india. i don't think that sikhs in india as a whole will ever boycott raakhi, because they don't want to be "left out."

its a hindu superstitious thing. And in the uk alot of sikhs practice it, they shudnt if they wanna call themselves sikh. Guru nanak ji rejected the black thread that the brahmin tried putting around his neck stating that the thread cannot make a person good. DO not put blind faith in meaningless threads on your body.

Many sikhs argue that they do it because they want to show their sisters that they are there to protect them.

I ask them this: when u allow a thread to be placed around your wrist and give your sister money u say it symbolises that u will protect her from harm. But what if the thread breaks? will that mean that u will not protect her if she is gettin raped?? Sikhs protect their sisters from harm regardless of a silly thread around wrists. its a pity many sikhs still think its a part of sikhi.

sat sri akaal

Come August 9 and you will see most of sikhs decorating their wrists with rakhis because that day is an exclusive hindu festival called rakhi or rakhsabandhan which has now been adopted by almost 90% of sikhs. Sisters even from foreign countries send rakhis by post for their brothers and brothers send money or gifts back.

But by doing so all the sikhs are directly violating guruji's hukum coz this falls in bipran ki reet.

Rakhi is against principle of sikhi because a sister ties thread on wrist of her brother which means that he will protect her no matter what. But doesn't this show weakness of womanhood? In sikhism everyone is equal and women have equal rights as men.Women wear kirpans like men and are expected to protect themselves.Don't you know what Mata Bhag Kaur did and don't forget sacrifice of Mata Jindan (Jind Kaur). Women are not weak they are equally strong. In sikhi women are not expected look upon their husbands to protect them. If that was the case then what would be the point of wearing kirpans? Guru Gobind Singh Ji said when all other means have failed it is your right to draw a sword. So let it be that way. How would you know your brother would really help you in danger. What if he's not there to help you or runs away. Guruji ordered khalsa to practice arms and be able to protect yourselves. This applies to both men and women or Singhs and Kaurs.

So why do we keep performing these useless rituals when our Gurus have clearly ordered us not to do so?

Why are we bent on sending a messege to people that sikhism is also a part of useless hinduism by celebrating these festivals which are of no importance to us but on otherhand are a direct violation of our rehat. A giani of our nearby gurdwara sahib was telling me that some people are such a big fools that they even tie rakhis to Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji's palki.......may waheguru show them the right path.

So let's be wise and respect Gurus' orders and boycott rakhis and also encourage other fellow sikhs and stop following Bipran ki Reet.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Youre a genious :TH:

I hate rakhri... it just doesnt make sense to me... What happened on this day in sihkism!

nothing that i can think of ohmy.gif