Langar

Ek_Munda_5abi your post seemed to have a highly distorted manmat off shoot to it.

Veer Ji, can you please tell me what Gurmat is? Please read the attached pdf file tell me if you believe in Bhagat Ji's Baani and Sri Guru Arjan Dev Ji's shabad or not? And also tell me where it says that Dhanna Ji worshipped a stone.

Thanks.

Dhanna_Ji.pdf

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i never said that u shud worship a stone

see my refrences

i said that it does not mean u shud worship stones in my previous post.

then wot abt the shabad in guru granth sahib in below link

http://sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=5771

and i already siad that u do as acc. to the hukum u got from maharaj.

i had discussd this matter with a singh who is in very chardi kala indeed.

he suggested me to not put in controversy.

i dnt want to say anything except saying that

i am fed up of the people who are bringing their own personal viwes( having no meaning) in sikhism.

i believe that some day i will leave this forum as it is becoming the the place of people who are

trying to moulding sikhi.

admin shud be now more carefull abt all this.

Veer Ji,

The literal meaning of the word Sikh is Learner. We learn from Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Sikh nu Guru Sahib da Hukam hai ke Sikh Shabad di Vichaar kare, as it says in Asa Ki Vaar:

Sikhi Sikheya Gur Vichaar.

Nadri Karam Laghae Paar.

Anything that is not in agreement with Gurbani, may it be anything, cannot be Gurmat. Don't you belive in Dhanna Ji's own words and Guru Arjan Dev Ji's Shabad which are both in Sahib Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, our Living Guru? Please read the attached PDF file.

I don't want to be the reason for someone's farewell from this forum. Veerji, I'm not asking anyone to believe me or belive a certain person, believe Sahib Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. We believe less in Gurbani, but more to other things which are around us and that is why saadi Kaum di eh haalat hoee paee aa. i dont know what else to say. sorry if i offended anyone.

no no veer ji

i m sorry too.

i also dnt want to offend anybody.

but veer ji when u say that guru hi dnt eat our food then it seems that u are really the opposer of sikhi.

plz try to understand that guru ji is SARAB KALA SAMRATH.

no no veer ji

i m sorry too.

i also dnt want to offend anybody.

but veer ji when u say that guru hi dnt eat our food then it seems that u are really the opposer of sikhi.

plz try to understand that guru ji is SARAB KALA SAMRATH.

don't be sorry yaar, and lets not :D which we are already not.

all i can say right now is that i'm not mad or sad or anything at anyone cuz i was used to hold the same views as of yours years back and can easily put myself in your position that how it is felt. Gurmat learning is a gradual process and we keep learning Gurmat and practicing it all our life, this learning process never ends, but our lives do. all i can say at this moment is that we need to be open to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji's teachings and put everything we see or hear on Gurbani test before we belive it or label it as Gurmat. and i won't post anything about Bhot if that can make this thread go to sleep. chall hunn now give me high5.gif

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

funny how much of us say were not brahministic, yet we argue to the very end in support of it.

Ek_Munda_5abi is absolutely right.

why does guru sahib want to eat food??

there are many sakhis concerning this issue..one of which i rememberded from a taksali katha vachik was about a prominent individual from sikh history (sorry cant remember name) where he was supposedly stranded and forced to eat meat by mughal or something...but then he said the tukk:

anik prakaar bhojan bahu keeeae bahu bi(n)jan misattaaeae

karee paakasaal soch pavithraa hun laavahu bhog har raaeae

followed by placing the kirpan in the meat

..and then all of sudden it turns into sholay or something.

Not going into the meat debate now as nobody is wrong on either side in my opinion but we all need to wake up and stop these practices.

The kirpan in the langar is meant to signify that the langar is now fully pavitar and hence why they mix it into the bigger containers so that this magical sample spreads over the rest of the sabjees and rotis.

My decision making skills are probably somewhat lacking, but i know where i stand in this debate.

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

The kirpan in the langar is meant to signify that the langar is now fully pavitar and hence why they mix it into the bigger containers so that this magical sample spreads over the rest of the sabjees and rotis.

why we need to make it pavittar if only we have to eat it.

why dnt we always eat kirpan bhet food at home too?

if guru ji dnt eat it then wots the need to make it pavittar???

as we people can also eat other things which are not kirpan bhet.

It is definately "Bhog lawo" infact when we do ardaas we should ask Guru Nanak Dev Ji maharaj "Guru Ji, jis roop vich shakana, shako!"

If we have prepared the langar with correct maryadha and suchum and the ardaas is from the heart and with love of Guru Ji, the DEFINATELY Guru Nanak Dev Ji will come and partake the langar, there is no doubt about it.

It is an absolute insult to our Guru that we would say "parwaan karo ji" why would you say this?

If you went to your father and placed some fruit infront of him and said "pappa ji parwan karoe, shukio naa, bass parwan kaoe" ( Just accept the food , don't eat it , just accept it) and then you started eating it infront of him. How is your father going to feel? Apart form the obvious chittar, he will be saddened that my son does not even have enough faith in me. In the same way our TRUE father Guru Nanak Dev Ji is also saddened when we go off into pseodo Sikhi and consider ourselves so clever.

Bhai Ji, forget all your cleverness and your interlect, submit to your Guru totally, accept him as hazar nazar, if you do then would you not offer Him your food to eat before you ate it yourself ??????

Waheguroo Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguroo Ji Ki Fateh

It is definately "Bhog lawo" infact when we do ardaas we should ask Guru Nanak Dev Ji maharaj "Guru Ji, jis roop vich shakana, shako!"

Veerji, it is Parwan Karo, please read Sikh Rehat Maryada.

Our Guru is Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, in which Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji's Jot resides. How can you feed roti, daal, ras malaee to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji? When Guru Sahib was in human body, that body needed roti, daal, paani, etc. etc. becuase it was a need of the body in which Guru Jot was living during that time. Now that Jot lives in Sahib Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Only the body has changed, but the Jot was/is/will be the same forever. Veer Ji, Guru Sahib never attached Sikhs to their bodies, but to the Shabad because Shabad never dies, but bodies do. Neither Guru nor Sikh is a body. When Siddhs' asked Guru Nanak Dev Ji that who's ur Guru, Guru Sahib said, "Shabad Guru, Surat Dhunn Chela..." So Guru Sahib detached both the Guru and the Sikh from bodies.

Where did any Guru Sahibaan asked Sikhs to feed their when they leave their physical bodies? Please provide any referrence from Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji or anywhere from Sikh History.

What is sooooooo hard for us Sikhs today to accept Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji as our Guru?

Today, we failed to understand true meaning of "Guru Granth Ji Manyo Pragat Gura(n) Ki Deh...". Some of us are taking the literal meaning of this pankti and I'm afraid, some of them will one day take Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji to do ishnaan.

If we have prepared the langar with correct maryadha and suchum and the ardaas is from the heart and with love of Guru Ji, the DEFINATELY Guru Nanak Dev Ji will come and partake the langar, there is no doubt about it.

Veerji, Guru Sahib never taught Sikhs to live on assumpations. Guru Sahib taught us practical life that's why we have Glorious History. You described hardcore Christian concept above, Jesus will come. Every generation lives on this hope and dies. This has been happening for thousands of years.

How do you describe "suchum" according to Gurmat? I'm not looking for Brahmnical interpretation.

It is an absolute insult to our Guru that we would say "parwaan karo ji" why would you say this?

Can you please describe how? Remember, Langar is prepared for the Sangat not for the Guru because Sri Guru Granth Sabhi Ji do not eat roti-dall-fulka.

If you went to your father and placed some fruit infront of him and said "pappa ji parwan karoe, shukio naa, bass parwan kaoe" ( Just accept the food , don't eat it , just accept it) and then you started eating it infront of him. How is your father going to feel? Apart form the obvious chittar, he will be saddened that my son does not even have enough faith in me. In the same way our TRUE father Guru Nanak Dev Ji is also saddened when we go off into pseodo Sikhi and consider ourselves so clever.

Veerji, this analogy does not work here. Your father is with you in human body, the body that has its own needs, such as eating, drinking, sleeping, bathing etc. etc. and it is perfectly fine to ask your daddy ji to eat prashada. But lets say, a time comes to your dad that has to come to everybody and nobody can escape from it. Would you still ask your dady Ji to "Bhog Lao", to eat prashaada even when he's not with you in human body?

Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji does not have a human body, which cannot eat, drink, or do ishnaan. Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji's body has its own needs, very different from human body. So assin Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji nu prashada khaan waste nahi kahvange, balke, Parwan karan nu hi kahvange. Remember, Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji gave Gurgaddi to Sahib Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, not to the body of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji which did not exist even at that time, te assin hun bhog laun de chakkran vich kyon phass ke reh gaye?

Actually bhog laun di pratha originated from Hinduism becase they do this all the time and expect that their deities to eat prashaad when they touch it with moorties' mouths.

I always wondered what is the reason of the downfall of Sikhi today and why Sikhs were in Cherdi Kala in puratan kaal.... I think slowly my this question is being answered as well.....

sorry if anyone got offeneded. apologies requested from sangat..............

Waheguroo Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguroo Ji Ki Fateh

Tell me Ek Munda, if Guru Nanak Dev Ji appeared before you would you bow down infront of them? Or would you say "No, only Guru Granth Sahib Ji is my Guru" or do you believe that this cannot happen (in which case numerous Gursikhs have been telling us lies of partakh darshan of Guru Nanak Guru Gobind Singh Ji).

Your post shows the level you are on.

<<< I always wondered what is the reason of the downfall of Sikhi today and why Sikhs were in Cherdi Kala in puratan kaal.... I think slowly my this question is being answered as well..... >>>

1 You think Sikhi is in downfall, Sikhi will never be in downfall, it was created by Guru Gobind Singh Ji - Pargateo Khalsa Paramatam ki mauj.

2 BhaiJi it is people like you that are trying to pull down Sikhi, but luckely there are naam abiassi Gursikhs who know better.