Langar

Agreed as Baba Nand Singh Ji also said Guru Ji come and eat prashad made with complete love.

Sometimes people treat Guru Gobind Singh Ji as Guru Ji and Guru Granth Sahib Ji as, well as a book that cannot eat and do bhog or accept the food.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguroo Ji Ki Fateh

Sikh Rehat Maryada uses the words Parwangee and Kirpaan Bhet. Please see Karah Prashad Section.

I just confirmed that Kirpan Bhet karne di pratha was started by Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji and this practice was continued by all Guru Sahiban until Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji and Khalsa kept this practice intact till today. Kirpan Bhet was done only to seek Guru Sahib Ji's Parwaangee, acceptance. Kirpan did not eat Karah Parahshad during Guru Ji's times and it is still true today.

Bhog and Parwangee are not synonyms.

On one side, we are say, "We are not Hindus", but on the contrary, we are telling all kind of Sakhis which prove us hardcore Hindus. Don't we think this is the reason why RSS and other anti-sikh sansthas are taking adavntage of us due to our ignorance because are are not aware of our Sikh Principles and Sikh values, which give us a Niara Roop, a Distinct Identity?

If a kirpan can eat karah prashad, then a moorti can do it too. Right?

Bhog launa is very famous practice in Hindu mandirs when they put prashad in moorties' mouths and believe that whosever this moorti is, that diety eats that prashad. But Bhagat Kabir Ji says:

Bwqu pihiq Aru lwpsI krkrw kwswru ]

Bognhwry BoigAw iesu mUriq ky muK Cwru ]4]

bhaath pehith ar laapasee karakaraa kaasaar ||

bhoganehaarae bhogiaa eis moorath kae mukh shhaar ||4||

bhaath = chaawal, rice; pehith = daal; laapasee = patla karah; karakaraa = i think it means crispy; kaasaar = panjeeri; moorath = moorti, idol; shhaar = suah, ash

English Translation from SikhiToTheMax:

Rice and beans, candies, cakes and cookies

- the priest enjoys these, while he puts ashes into the mouth of the idol. ||4||

The things (prashad) he puts in moortees' mouths are equated to ashes, meaning, the moortees do not eat these things. Please see this whole Shabad by Bhagat Kabir Ji on Pawan Panna 479 at http://www.gurugranthdarpan.com/0479.html

Today, it is very sad that in a lot of the Gurdwaras Ardasia Sikh, unware of Gurmat uses these tuks,

anik prakaar bhojan bahu keeeae bahu bi(n)jan misattaaeae ||

karee paakasaal soch pavithraa hun laavahu bhog har raaeae ||2||

in Ardas and makes it sound like as if he is asking Guru Sahib to eat the karah prashad or langar which is waiting to be Kirpaan Bhet, which some of us call Bog Launa. Just reading these two tuks and translating them by ignoring the whole Subject of the Shabad where these tuks are from can led to a very serious misconception of Gurmat Concept. This is the exact case in this situation. Please read this whole shabad on Pawan Panna 1266 at http://www.gurugranthdarpan.com/1266.html

Our Guru is Shabad te Shabad nu kadi bhukh nahi lagdi. Roti Paani khana was a need of the bodies in which Guru Jot was residing, which we all know, 10 human bodies. Hun Guru Jot Sahib Sri Guru Granth Sahib vich hai. We cannot treat the body of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji in the same way as of 10 human bodies where Guru Jot resided centuries ago.

Jehda guru hi bhukha, oh aapne sikhaan nu kiddan rajaa sakda? Sikhaan da Guru vi Rajjeya hoeya, te Sikhaan nu vi Rajaa denda hai. :D

Par afsos, kayee saade vichon Guru nu hi rajjaun lagee hoye aa.

At the end, please go to the link below

http://www.4shared.com/dir/485519/841223ac/sharing.html

and download these two katha tracks,

sootak_brahmanism_in_sikhi_1_of_2.mp3

sootak_brahmanism_in_sikhi_2_of_2.mp3

and listen to them if we can understand how Brahmnical practices are frequently practiced among us everyday.

Guru Bhalee Kare te sanu sareyaan nu Sikhi di Daat Bakhshey...

---

THANKS SUNNY VEER FOR YOUR COMMENT. I LIKE THAT BECAUSE WHATEVER U SAID IS TRUE. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP. NOW I WILL TELL THESE TUKS TO PEOPLE OR BIBIAN JINA NU MAIN LANGAR BANANDEAN USNU TASTE KARDEAN DAKHEA. NOT ONLY THIS EVEN JADON TASTE NAHI KARDE ODON V OOS LANGAR NU BHOG NAHI LAGAEA JANDA. AGAIN THANKS FOR YOUR POST. WAHEGURU TUHANU CHARDE KALA VICH RAKHA.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA

WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Waheguroo Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguroo Ji Ki Fateh

Sikh Rehat Maryada uses the words Parwangee and Kirpaan Bhet. Please see Karah Prashad Section.

I just confirmed that Kirpan Bhet karne di pratha was started by Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji and this practice was continued by all Guru Sahiban until Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji and Khalsa kept this practice intact till today. Kirpan Bhet was done only to seek Guru Sahib Ji's Parwaangee, acceptance. Kirpan did not eat Karah Parahshad during Guru Ji's times and it is still true today.

Bhog and Parwangee are not synonyms.

On one side, we are say, "We are not Hindus", but on the contrary, we are telling all kind of Sakhis which prove us hardcore Hindus. Don't we think this is the reason why RSS and other anti-sikh sansthas are taking adavntage of us due to our ignorance because are are not aware of our Sikh Principles and Sikh values, which give us a Niara Roop, a Distinct Identity?

If a kirpan can eat karah prashad, then a moorti can do it too. Right?

Bhog launa is very famous practice in Hindu mandirs when they put prashad in moorties' mouths and believe that whosever this moorti is, that diety eats that prashad. But Bhagat Kabir Ji says:

Bwqu pihiq Aru lwpsI krkrw kwswru ]

Bognhwry BoigAw iesu mUriq ky muK Cwru ]4]

bhaath pehith ar laapasee karakaraa kaasaar ||

bhoganehaarae bhogiaa eis moorath kae mukh shhaar ||4||

bhaath = chaawal, rice; pehith = daal; laapasee = patla karah; karakaraa = i think it means crispy; kaasaar = panjeeri; moorath = moorti, idol; shhaar = suah, ash

English Translation from SikhiToTheMax:

Rice and beans, candies, cakes and cookies

- the priest enjoys these, while he puts ashes into the mouth of the idol. ||4||

The things (prashad) he puts in moortees' mouths are equated to ashes, meaning, the moortees do not eat these things. Please see this whole Shabad by Bhagat Kabir Ji on Pawan Panna 479 at http://www.gurugranthdarpan.com/0479.html

Today, it is very sad that in a lot of the Gurdwaras Ardasia Sikh, unware of Gurmat uses these tuks,

in Ardas and makes it sound like as if he is asking Guru Sahib to eat the karah prashad or langar which is waiting to be Kirpaan Bhet, which some of us call Bog Launa. Just reading these two tuks and translating them by ignoring the whole Subject of the Shabad where these tuks are from can led to a very serious misconception of Gurmat Concept. This is the exact case in this situation. Please read this whole shabad on Pawan Panna 1266 at http://www.gurugranthdarpan.com/1266.html

Our Guru is Shabad te Shabad nu kadi bhukh nahi lagdi. Roti Paani khana was a need of the bodies in which Guru Jot was residing, which we all know, 10 human bodies. Hun Guru Jot Sahib Sri Guru Granth Sahib vich hai. We cannot treat the body of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji in the same way as of 10 human bodies where Guru Jot resided centuries ago.

Jehda guru hi bhukha, oh aapne sikhaan nu kiddan rajaa sakda? Sikhaan da Guru vi Rajjeya hoeya, te Sikhaan nu vi Rajaa denda hai. :D

Par afsos, kayee saade vichon Guru nu hi rajjaun lagee hoye aa.

At the end, please go to the link below

http://www.4shared.com/dir/485519/841223ac/sharing.html

and download these two katha tracks,

sootak_brahmanism_in_sikhi_1_of_2.mp3

sootak_brahmanism_in_sikhi_2_of_2.mp3

and listen to them if we can understand how Brahmnical practices are frequently practiced among us everyday.

Guru Bhalee Kare te sanu sareyaan nu Sikhi di Daat Bakhshey...

---

bhaji there is something wrong with u.........?????

ur refrence of shabad is wrong for this thread.

in that shabad kabeer ji is juz trying to say that we shuold not pluck leaves or flowers

for karamkaands like to present it before a moorti of stone, in which we dnt feel any shardha bhavna.

coz leaves and flowers are also living things.

http://sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=1781

the true God is the living God.

SATGUR JAAGTA HAI DEHO

and u are saying that GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI IS JUZZZZ A SHABAD GURU MEANS ONLY A BOOK???

GURU GRANTH JI MANYO PARGAT GURAN KI DEHH.

SATGURU JAAGTA HAI DEHO.

JAAGAT JYOT JAPE NIS BASUR.

IF U HAVE TRUE SHARDHA (FEELING) THEN GURU SAHIB SURELY COME TO EAT OUR FOOD.

KIRPAN BHET IS A MARYADA.

ALSO WHEN DHANNA BHAGAT WAS HAVING FULL TRUST THAT THAKUR JI WILL CUM TO EAT HIS FOOD

THEN HE ALSO GOT THE GOD FROMA STONE.

http://sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=5771

BUT IT DOES NOT MEAN THAT WE SHUD DO MOORTI POOJA AND SHUD FAITH IN A STONE.

COZ WAHEGURU IS PARTAKH NOW IN THE ROOP OF SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB.

IN TRETA AND DWAPAR YUGS THERE WERE AVTAARS LIKE RAM CHANDAR JI AND KRISHAN JI

BUT IN KALYUG

AAP NARAYAN KALADHAT JAG MEH PARVAREO.

SO NOW WE HAVE JAAGAT JYOT SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI WITH US AND WE SHUD KEEP FULL FAIH IN

GURU SAHIB.

GURU BHOJAN DA BHUKA NAHI HAI

GOBIND BHAO BHAGAT KA BHUKKHA

GURU JI IS HUNGRY OF OUR FEELING AND LOVE AND FOR THE SAKE OF LOVE AND FEELING GURU

CAN COME TO EAT OUR FOOD.

AND AT LAST I WANT TO CONCLUDE THAT YOU SHUD DO AS ACCORDING TO UR FEELING AND I WILL DO

AS ACCORDING TO MY FEELING.

BETTER IF WE DNT ALWAYS MAKE EVERY ISSUE A DEFENCE ISSUE.

GURMAT DIAN GALLAN BADI GOJH (DEEP) GALLAN HAN .

U NEVER KNOWS IF KIRPAN EAT THE LANGAR OR KARAH PARSHAD.

AND WOT U WANT TO GURU JI TO SHOW HIM SELF EATING FOOD BEFORE ALL SANGAT?

I TOLD U THAT EPISODE OF BHAI RANDHEER SINGH JI AND ASLO SSM VEERJI TOLD ABT BHAI NAND SINGH JI.

BY THE ONLY WORD '' BHOG '' U CANT ASSOCIATE SIKHISM TO BRAHMANWAAD.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA

WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH.

i just love when they serve alloo gobhi in langar :D

okay, where did that come out from? lol, totally random.....hehe

Well i would personally say Kirpan Bhet (Bhog Launa) is important with Ardas for the langar. Coz some sangat do believe that when Kirpan Bhet (Bhog Launa) is done, Guru Sahib Themself adds there sweetness into it for the Sangat.

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA,

WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

SANGAT JI I WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU ALL THINK ABOUT LANGAR WITHOUT BHOG. I ASK THIS BECAUSE I WANT TO KNOW LANGAR NU BHOG LAUNA IS IMPORTANT OR NOT ?

PLZ POST WHAT U THINK

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA

WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Actually it is called, Langar Nu Parwan karna, Acceptace of Langar in Guru's Darbar so that it could be served to Sadh Sangat after a humble Ardas to Guru Sahib when the preparation of the Langar is done. There's no such thing called "LANGAR NU BHOG LAUNA" becuase Kirpan bhog nahi laundi, means Kirpan does not eat. Langar should be served after Ardas since this practice (Kirpan bhet karna) was started during I think Sri Guru Harbind Sahib's times. However, when someobody is in a need and cannot wait until the Ardas is done, I don't think anything is wrong with serving the langar without Ardas in situations as such.

totally wrong.....!!!!!!!!

parwaan karwana is not the right correct word for langar.

BHOG is the correct word.

read the gurbani line

I have prepared all sorts of foods in various ways, and all sorts of sweet deserts.

I have made my kitchen pure and sacred. Now, O my Sovereign Lord King, please sample my food. ||2||

Page 1266 Guru Arjan Dev Jee Raag Malaar

guru ji is partakh every where.

guru can eat our food if we cooked it with succham( purity) and with full maryada.

mostly the langar is not accepted or eaten by guru sahib due to the lack of purity while cooking.

only the langer made by a singh or singhni who is well disciplined in sikhi rehet is being eaten by GURU SAHIB.

as AKJ people follow very strict rules. and never ate any thing cooked by people who are not amritdhari.

they never eat anything from market.

let me tell u a episode of BHAI SAHIB BHAI RANDHEER SINGH JI (FORMER OF AKJ)

Once bhai sahib went to SRI DARBAR SAHIB (AMRITSAR).

there bhai sahib ddnt take ''karah parshad''.

people there started talking abt this matter and finally asked BHAI SAHIB that why he ddnt took ''karah parshad??''

bhai sahib replied," tuhade karah parshad nu bhog nahi lagea hoya? ta asi es nu kive shak sakde haan?"

(bhai sahib refused coz he knew that the parshad is also not accepted or eaten by guru sahib.)

then people there asked BHAI SAHIB to bring the parshad which cud be accepted by GURU SAHIB.

then BHAI SAHIB made karah parshad degh their own and took it to darbar sahib. there was aslo the other karah parshad which was daily prepared at darbar sahib.

both degs( karah parshad) were there . after ardas when both degs were weighed then the weight of degh prepared by BHAI SAHIB was less in weight from its original weight.

but there was no change of weight in the other degh.

and bhai sahib prooved that WAHEGURU JI eat ur food or degh if its prepared with full maryada by a sikh keeping full rehet.

now days desi ghee is not pure coz its readymade and prepared by non amritdhari people in factories.

also wheat is not grinded by amritdharis.

thats why mosty langar or even karah parhad is not bhoged (eaten ) by GURU SAHIB

IN AKJ SAMAGAMS DESI GHEE IS TAKEN FROM SINGHS WHO MAKE IT THEIR OWN.

EVEN MANY AKJ SINGHS ALSO BELEIVE IN MILKING COW OR BUFFALO THEIR OWN AND MANY BRING MILK

FROM AMRITDHARI MILKMANS.

EVEN THEY NEVER EAT ANYTHING TOUCHED BY NON AMRITDHARIS.

IT CUD DAMAGE THEIR "SURTI" LIKE WHILE DOING SIMRAM IT CUD INTERRUPT THEM TO HAVE SATISFACTION

PLZ READ IT BEFORE MAKING ANY NON SENCE COMMENT ABT AKJ.

http://akj.org/skins/default/

COZ THEY FOLLOW THE HARD STRICT REHAT WHICH WAS FOLLWED AT THE TIME OF GURU GOBIND SINGH SAHIB.

I enjoyed reading this post. I actually believe this same idea. Amritdharis are supposed to cook and prepare the langar etc. We should have Adhari dairies close by to main Gurdwaras etc.

I was driving on I5 in California coming back from Monterey this weekend and I saw a huge huge orchard and the sign read SatNam Waheguru with a Khanda Sahib. I thought that was really cool to see. That means all that buy from that orchard have bought fruit from a Sikh. It was cool to see after seeing some Sikhs from Monterey.

Waheguroo Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguroo Ji Ki Fateh

ur refrence of shabad is wrong for this thread.

in that shabad kabeer ji is juz trying to say that we shuold not pluck leaves or flowers

for karamkaands like to present it before a moorti of stone, in which we dnt feel any shardha bhavna.

coz leaves and flowers are also living things.

Veer Ji, the reference of this shabad is not wrong, but your understanding. Please try to read the whole shabad and the referrence is right to the point. Please try to read the whole shabad not just the part that you described above. As moorties cannot eat prashad, kirpaan cannot eat it either. Sharda-Bhavna and Andh-Vishvaas are totally two difference things and Sikhi has no place for the latter.

ALSO WHEN DHANNA BHAGAT WAS HAVING FULL TRUST THAT THAKUR JI WILL CUM TO EAT HIS FOOD

THEN HE ALSO GOT THE GOD FROMA STONE.

Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji do not agree with this. This point has been clarified by Sri Guru Arjan Dev Ji very beautifully in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji that how Dhanna Ji was inspired to walk the path of Waheguru as we will see it later in the post below.

According to Hindu mythology, in brief, Dhanna Bhagat worshipped a stone, he placed roties, saag, and lassi da glass in front of a stone and started praying to Bhagwaan to come and eat his food and if Bhagwan wont come, he wont eat it either, and the Bhagwan felt mercy on him and Bhagwan came over and ate his food, so dhanne ne Rabb nu Pathaar choan paaya. this is a very brief overview of this prachalat sakhi which is very very very.... famous in Sikh Jagat and is heard in our Gurdwara stages all over the world.

Lets discuss it briefly.

You indirectly are saying that there is nothign wrong if Sikhs worship stones or moorties as long as they are full sharda in them. Now tell me where in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji or anywhere in Sikh History where Guru Sahib asked Sikhs to worship stones as long as they have sharda?

You can find numerous examples in Sahib Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji where worshipping stones is strictly prohibitted, not only to Sikhs, but to all the Humanity, Guru Da Updesh Sareyan Layee Sanjha Hai. But no where in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Guru Sahib said that Bhagat Danna Ji achieved oneness with God through worshipping Stone or Guru Sahib allowed Sikhs to worship stones, as long as you have sharda. Please give me an example of I'm missing something. I don't understan why even us Sikhs believe sooooo strongly in Hindu mythological stories and totally refuse to believe and accept Guru Granth Sahib Ji's Gurmat Concepts.

Bhagat Danna Ji's Bani is on pawan panna 487 in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji with a title "Asa Bani Bhagat Danne Ji Ki". There is one shabad under this sirlekh, "Bramat Bramat Bahu Jaman Bilaney..." and in this Shabad Bhaga Ji tells in his OWN words how he found and become one with Akal Purukh. Bhagat Ji never said he fond God from Stone. Now it is up to us now, if we want to believe Bhagat Danna Ji's words which are in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji where he tells is very very clear how he found Waheguru or belive so called made up Sakhis which are frequently told in our Gurdwaras by too many "Sadh Babas", which have no place in Sikhi.

Furthremore, an interesting note: Under the same title, "Asa Bani Bhagat Danne Ji Ki" on the same page right after Dhanna Ji's above metioned Shabad finishes, there is one Shabad by Sri Guru Arjan Dev Ji, Mahal 5 where Sri Guru Arjan Dev Ji explained by giving examples of 4 Bhagats that how Danna Ji was inspired to do Bhagtee of Waheguru. And then Bhagat Farid Ji's Bani comes. Why did Sri Guru Arjan Dev Ji added his one Shabad in Dhanna Ji's baani? The reson was: Guru Arjan Dev Ji knew that even at that time, story of Dhanna Ji achiving God from stone was very famous, yet wrong. Therefore, Guru Sahib ne aapni Gawahi ditti ke Bhaee, Dhanne Bhagat Ne Pathhar chon Parmatma nu nahi paeya, balke, horna Bhagataan de jeevan ton utshaahat ho ke oh Bhagtee de rah te turye si.

Now we have Bhagat Dhanna Ji's own words how became one with Waheguru and then Guru Arjan Dev Ji became witness of Dhanna Ji by adding his shabad and explaining it in further detail. Veer Ji, about a year ago, I was also used to belive that Danna was a store worshipper, but always had one thing in mind that this is anti-Gurmat concept and how come it Guru Sahib added bani of someone is SGGS who was a store worshipper, then Guru Sahib ne kirpa keeti te eh concept vi clear kar ditta.

I will post about Bog later....

Please read this interesting discussino below in Punjabi by Prof. Sahib Singh. After reading the current page 487, go to the next page or Download attached pdf file and go to page 3 and start reading it.

sorry if anyone got offended. plz apologize me and point out if i have said anything which is against Gurmat Siddhant.

http://www.gurugranthdarpan.com/0487.html

Dhanna_Ji.pdf

i never said that u shud worship a stone

see my refrences

i said that it does not mean u shud worship stones in my previous post.

then wot abt the shabad in guru granth sahib in below link

http://sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=5771

and i already siad that u do as acc. to the hukum u got from maharaj.

i had discussd this matter with a singh who is in very chardi kala indeed.

he suggested me to not put in controversy.

i dnt want to say anything except saying that

i am fed up of the people who are bringing their own personal viwes( having no meaning) in sikhism.

i believe that some day i will leave this forum as it is becoming the the place of people who are

trying to moulding sikhi.

admin shud be now more carefull abt all this.

Guest Bass Singh

VJKK VJKF!

READ SUNNY_LOVE_KIRTANS'S POST CAREFULLY HE DOES NOT SAY THAT YOU SHOULD WORSHIP STONES,

I AGREE IN WHAT HE HAS STATED :D

VJKK VJKF!