Langar

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA,

WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

SANGAT JI I WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU ALL THINK ABOUT LANGAR WITHOUT BHOG. I ASK THIS BECAUSE I WANT TO KNOW LANGAR NU BHOG LAUNA IS IMPORTANT OR NOT ?

PLZ POST WHAT U THINK

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA

WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA,

WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

SANGAT JI I WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU ALL THINK ABOUT LANGAR WITHOUT BHOG. I ASK THIS BECAUSE I WANT TO KNOW LANGAR NU BHOG LAUNA IS IMPORTANT OR NOT ?

PLZ POST WHAT U THINK

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA

WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Actually it is called, Langar Nu Parwan karna, Acceptace of Langar in Guru's Darbar so that it could be served to Sadh Sangat after a humble Ardas to Guru Sahib when the preparation of the Langar is done. There's no such thing called "LANGAR NU BHOG LAUNA" becuase Kirpan bhog nahi laundi, means Kirpan does not eat. Langar should be served after Ardas since this practice (Kirpan bhet karna) was started during I think Sri Guru Harbind Sahib's times. However, when someobody is in a need and cannot wait until the Ardas is done, I don't think anything is wrong with serving the langar without Ardas in situations as such.

THANKS FOR UR REPLIES. I POST THIS TOPIC BECAUSE IN SOME GURDWARAS PEOPLE DISTRIBUTE LANGAR WITHOUT BHOG. I WANT SOME SOLID REASONS or you can say some tuks from GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI OR DASAM GRANTH FOR DOING BHOG. I WANT TO STOP THEM FROM DOING TASTE WHILE COOKING AND DISTRIBUTING WITHOUT BHOG. pray.gif

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Langar NEVER orignally had bhog done, that is something that we put into place more recently.

The definition of langar is "free kitchen" and the fact that you have it (1) free and (2) done by sevadaars is enough to qualify it as langar.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

VEER JI

Do you think it is ok if it is not parvan by gurusahib ( without doing ardas ).

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA

WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

As long as it is (1) free and (2) done by sevadaars, for the purpose of giving it to your Guru's sikhs, it can be considered langar. :D

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA,

WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

PLZ POST WHAT U THINK

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA

WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Actually it is called, Langar Nu Parwan karna, Acceptace of Langar in Guru's Darbar so that it could be served to Sadh Sangat after a humble Ardas to Guru Sahib when the preparation of the Langar is done. There's no such thing called "LANGAR NU BHOG LAUNA" becuase Kirpan bhog nahi laundi, means Kirpan does not eat. Langar should be served after Ardas since this practice (Kirpan bhet karna) was started during I think Sri Guru Harbind Sahib's times. However, when someobody is in a need and cannot wait until the Ardas is done, I don't think anything is wrong with serving the langar without Ardas in situations as such.

totally wrong.....!!!!!!!!

parwaan karwana is not the right correct word for langar.

BHOG is the correct word.

read the gurbani line

anik prakaar bhojan bahu keeeae bahu bi(n)jan misattaaeae ||

I have prepared all sorts of foods in various ways, and all sorts of sweet deserts.

karee paakasaal soch pavithraa hun laavahu bhog har raaeae ||2||

I have made my kitchen pure and sacred. Now, O my Sovereign Lord King, please sample my food. ||2||

Page 1266 Guru Arjan Dev Jee Raag Malaar

guru ji is partakh every where.

guru can eat our food if we cooked it with succham( purity) and with full maryada.

mostly the langar is not accepted or eaten by guru sahib due to the lack of purity while cooking.

only the langer made by a singh or singhni who is well disciplined in sikhi rehet is being eaten by GURU SAHIB.

as AKJ people follow very strict rules. and never ate any thing cooked by people who are not amritdhari.

they never eat anything from market.

let me tell u a episode of BHAI SAHIB BHAI RANDHEER SINGH JI (FORMER OF AKJ)

Once bhai sahib went to SRI DARBAR SAHIB (AMRITSAR).

there bhai sahib ddnt take ''karah parshad''.

people there started talking abt this matter and finally asked BHAI SAHIB that why he ddnt took ''karah parshad??''

bhai sahib replied," tuhade karah parshad nu bhog nahi lagea hoya? ta asi es nu kive shak sakde haan?"

(bhai sahib refused coz he knew that the parshad is also not accepted or eaten by guru sahib.)

then people there asked BHAI SAHIB to bring the parshad which cud be accepted by GURU SAHIB.

then BHAI SAHIB made karah parshad degh their own and took it to darbar sahib. there was aslo the other karah parshad which was daily prepared at darbar sahib.

both degs( karah parshad) were there . after ardas when both degs were weighed then the weight of degh prepared by BHAI SAHIB was less in weight from its original weight.

but there was no change of weight in the other degh.

and bhai sahib prooved that WAHEGURU JI eat ur food or degh if its prepared with full maryada by a sikh keeping full rehet.

now days desi ghee is not pure coz its readymade and prepared by non amritdhari people in factories.

also wheat is not grinded by amritdharis.

thats why mosty langar or even karah parhad is not bhoged (eaten ) by GURU SAHIB

IN AKJ SAMAGAMS DESI GHEE IS TAKEN FROM SINGHS WHO MAKE IT THEIR OWN.

EVEN MANY AKJ SINGHS ALSO BELEIVE IN MILKING COW OR BUFFALO THEIR OWN AND MANY BRING MILK

FROM AMRITDHARI MILKMANS.

EVEN THEY NEVER EAT ANYTHING TOUCHED BY NON AMRITDHARIS.

IT CUD DAMAGE THEIR "SURTI" LIKE WHILE DOING SIMRAM IT CUD INTERRUPT THEM TO HAVE SATISFACTION

PLZ READ IT BEFORE MAKING ANY NON SENCE COMMENT ABT AKJ.

http://akj.org/skins/default/

COZ THEY FOLLOW THE HARD STRICT REHAT WHICH WAS FOLLWED AT THE TIME OF GURU GOBIND SINGH SAHIB.